• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did you ever use the special balls? (Heal balls, Luxuray Balls...etc etc...)

Oh, I used my Luxury Ball on a Wobbuffet. But it broke out.
I used Fast Balls against Raikou- they were very useful.

I primarily use Ultra Balls. But sometimes I use Premier Balls just for the heck of it. I honestly have no idea what they do, but I once caught Groudon in Emerald with it, so from that point on I decided they were useful.

I primarily use Dusk balls right now due to mostly playing at night. However I've used Ultra Balls mostly throughout all the time I've been playing the main series games. I've found Quick and Timer balls very useful recently, though I don't use them as much as I do Dusk and or Ultra balls. I use Luxury primarily when I want a little boost in the friendship area, though sometimes I'll use it for aesthetics. Likewise, I use the Heal Ball all the time for Pokemon I want in Pink Pokeballs, since the Heal Balls are the only ones available to me. I like it. I have a few Dive balls and use them often, but haven't found a Pokemon I want specifically in there like I do with Heal Balls. Strange, I guess. Other ones I haven't mentioned I either don't use or don't buy as much as the others and therefore don't use as much.

I mostly use ultra balls, but when it comes to special balls I use a lot of dusk balls and quick balls.

I've never used a ball other than the ordinary PokéBall.

If I'm not mistaken, Dusk Balls can have a greater catch rate than Ultra Balls in some circumstances (caves, I believe, but I could be wrong).

I do love Dusk Balls, Timer Balls, and Quick Balls. Sometimes I'd use Luxury Balls and Heal Balls. I also enjoy Dive Balls but since I don't spend as much time on/under the water they don't see as much use from me. And Level and Repeat Balls are very helpful, too.

I use dusk balls for all the legendaries in caves, but for Palkia I got it in a heal ball, just because it matched xD Otherwise, I try to use pokeballs, just because they're the cheapest and I go on catching sprees when I'm working on my pokedex.

Since catching Pokemon from the DW is always guaranteed regardless of the ball, I tend to use those special balls on those occasions.

I don't think i've ever used any new special balls, i always stick with great, ultra and master ball's.

I love using special PokeBalls. Sometimes, I'm actually really picky about getting certain Pokemon into certain balls, even if it's just a Premier Ball. I like to see the different animations when sending Pokemon into battle, it keeps me from getting bored. =p

I used to use special Pokéballs but now i'm just a maniac throwing Poké Balls, nothing else, no matter what kind of pokemon i face.

I use them just for the sake of them being special. I never use heal balls though.

I never really use them unless I find them or they are given to me. I never buy them. Except I sometimes use Dusk Balls. They were a life saver when I caught Kyurem in White. In Gen II and SS I never bothered with giving apricorns to Kurt to make Pokeballs. I didn't want to wait.

Yeah, back in Gen 2 I collected them and tended to use them a lot. In Gen 3 I kinda got bored with them and in Gen 4 and now 5 i've finally started to use them to like there full potential. And using them to help me catch pokemon that they're actually meant to catch, instead of just using them to use them lol

People don't use Dusk balls? Wut? They're great, as sitting and throwing Ultra Balls at legendaries gets boring pretty quickly. I do hoard Ultra Balls as well, having less than 100 is not very common on a slot with a lot of hours on it, but this goes for Dusk balls and Quick Balls as well, as Quick balls excel at catching weak pokémon without having to reduce their HP (practical when only having strong pokémon on your team). Timer Balls works as well, though that is mostly for gen III, as in most situations, Dusk balls are generally just better. I also carry some Net balls, they are useful sometimes (though I don't like their animation, which is why I don't often use them for anything except box fodder).

Then again, when I'm in a hoarding mood, I can easily buy 40-50 of various pokéballs. Just to be safe that I never run out.

Yes, definitely. My shiny Palkia on Pearl was caught in a Dusk Ball and I planned it that way. (Space Dragon, darkness of space, it seemed to work.) I use Quick Balls a lot and I've also used Timer Balls on lengthy catches but I don't often use Heal Balls. I don't know why. I guess I don't since by the time I have a decent amount of them I have a full team and the caught Pokemon will simply be sent to my PC. Master Balls are saved for one of two things: the roaming Legendary or the shiny I absolutely must have.

I also love Repeat Balls. Those are great if you're in an area you've been before. I have quite a few catches in Repeat Balls. (Yeah, they're all Automaton Pokemon. What did you expect?)

All the time! Most of them have either very useful effects, or look awesome, or both at once - why would you NOT want to use them? Sometimes I like to match the colour of Poke Ball with the Pokemon it is caught in. For example, my Reshiram is caught with Premier Ball, because of it's white colour and red animation when it opens up. My favourite of the bunch has to be Dive Ball though, if only for it's eye-pleasing shade of blue.

Besides Apricon Balls I use some of them.(I couldn't use Apricon Balls because I never played Gen II games and their remakes.) Dusk Balls are really useful, since I could only play around night time. I use Net Balls frequently as well. I used to use Nest Balls, Repeat Balls and Dive Balls for their effects in Gen III but I stopped using them frequently after a while because I didn't see much need. I never had much luck with Quick Balls and Timer Balls, so I didn't use them frequently. Aside from special balls I use normal Pokéballs because I had more luck with them in Gen IV; though in Gen III I had more luck with Greats <_>.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom