• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did you survive Ghetsis?

Did you survive Ghetsis?

• Total voters
I beat him on my first try, but not without using up a bunch of Max Revives. I don't even normally use those in my games, but I was pretty determined, having finally beaten N after several losses to his Archeops.

Btw, what happens when you lose to either N or Ghetsis?

You just pay money, black out and return to the Pokémon Center in front of the Pokémon League. There's a Team Plasma member there that will take you there and back. It's the only way you can check your legendary's nature. When you get back, he won't speak, he'll just reengage you in battle.

In my game, I had a lot of trouble because my Pokémon were all underleveled and I had struggled to get past even N, though not losing outright. I lost to Ghetsis once purely due to Hydreigon getting everything down weak, near complete and utter lack of Revives and items in general, and low levels.

I had grinded for levels a bit after I lost and it was all easy; it was just my Pokémon's abysmally low levels that ruined it; attacks always took off more than 60% HP; causing me to need to heal them, and, well, it all goes downhill from there.

i havent played the game yet (i sadly wont have the chance for a few weeks still), and while I obviously dont know the meaning or implications of the topic title, I just wanted to say for people like me who are staying OFF the B/W boards and threads due to not having a chance to play the game yet, scrolling by and without warning seeing titles like thats a bit disarming and i hope no amount of surprise for something that was supposed to be totally unexpected was given away for anyone.

just something to consider when choosing thread titles

sorry if that was a little self centered or bossy or anything.

On my second try. The first time his Hydreigon got a critical Fire Blast on Serperior. His Cofagrigus was easy I just used Audino's Simple Beam and switched to Crustle and got a critical on Shadow Claw. Knocked out his Bouffalant with my Seismitoads Drain Punch and some luck with Poison Touch. My Audino barely managed to take down Bisharp with Dig. He sent out Hydreigon next but I used Serperior's Dragon Tail to switch him out before he could do anything.
Then came Elektross...I didn't knew it had such a wide movepool and Levitate, My Audino used Dig and it obviously failed and it knocked Audino out with Crunch, sent out my Crustle which used Rock Slide which didn't a whole lot Elektross then kindly let me know that it had Flamethrower to knock out my Crustle with. I used my Beartic next and used Icicle crash which put it in the red but got me with another Flamethrower, Darmanitan was next so I used Thrash and knocked it out. Seismitoad came next and it knocked Darminatan out with an Earthquake. So I sent out Serperior and used Leaf Blade for a OHKO. Hydreigon greeted me next but it missed with Fire Blast and I used Dragon Tail on him again getting him to the yellow, Now he used Surf(?) and I used Dragon Tail yet again to KO him.

I was underleveled and had studiously avoided any spoilers, so I was NOT expecting that much action after the Elite Four and was very low on pots and revives. Barely made it my first time through.

Good thing I trained up my Frazure in Victory Road until it became Haxorus, really helps in long run.

I lost twice, and this is by spamming revives and Full restores, Hydreigon is definately his worst pokemon. I won the 3rd time luckily because Reshiram's Dragon Breath decided to start paralyzing everything and it hadnt before

My Reshiram learned Dragon Pulse after beating up many of N's pokemon [again I feel really bad for the kid]

Every time I battled him, I beat him on my first try. The first time I spammed Revives and Full Restore until his Hydreigon ran out of moves.

My latest attempt taught me the value of tanks, and I was much better equiped to deal with his team. And my Minccino took out two of his Pokemon by herself, I believe.

i took three tries, but on try three, i got a Crit Dragon Tail on his hydregion and the rest wasn't easy, but it sure as hell was better than that. That's with no items or legendaries.

I had him on the second try. Then the game froze, and I had to beat him a third time.

When I beat his Hydreigon, I thought it was over. Then he had Seismitoad. I took him out in just a few hits.

Over all, Ghetsis wasn't as hard for me as I thought. I guess my team was stronger than I thought!

i found him and the entire e4 super easy. i didn't use any items at all! :D my moxie krookodile (i think thats the final form, hell if i know right now) pretty much swept through the whole e4 almost on Outrage alone :3 i also didn't even use my zekrom, sent him straight to the pc once i caught him.

then again, i WAS at least level 60 all across the board before i went in xP

I don't remember him at all. Surely, that's a sign that it was a piece of cake. I think I DD'd Haxorus and swept the floor with him.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom