• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did you survive Ghetsis?

Did you survive Ghetsis?

• Total voters
It was easy! Plus my team was under-leveled. Sure I used a few Revives, but it was like 1 if I remember. And about 2 Full Restores. I didn't lose a single battle during the entire story this was no exception. Maybe it's because I am Ghetsis! His Hydreigon was one of the easier ones for me. I guess I was just lucky.

Last edited:
Uh, both. xD

On White, my first time playing, he was a huge pain to beat. Damn you Hydregion for killing everything I threw at you. D:

On Black, he was beyond pathetically easy it was a joke. Bulk Up Spam Scrafty with Drain Punch and Crunch beat EVERYTHING. Seriously, all I did I was spam Bulk Up 6 times (using Full Restores once or twice while I set up) then sweep. Although, I have to thank Hydregion's Focus Blast missing. If it hit I was pretty much guaranteed to die. xD

I failed on the first try because his Hydreigon wiped my team with Dragon Pulse.

When I defeated his Hydreigon it got a lot easier for me and I ended up winning.

I won but... Man, it was tough. I had legendaries that were SE to him and I still struggled. But revives and full restores sure did the trick.

Barely managed to beat him on my first try (White version). Used a few revives cause his Hydreigon kept taking put my pokemon in one or two hits. Literally NONE of its moves missed at all. Finally I revived my Zekrom, healed it, it took a hit and ALMOST fainted. I was able to use Fusion Bolt to take him out.

LOL, at first I thought that I had to fight him without my pokemon being healed from N. I was like "WOW. Gamefreak is really pushing us this time".

He was sooooooooooooooo hard D:

It took me like 5 tries to beat him

Yeah. He was closer than most of the storyline battles, but still completely beatable in one go. Honestly, I didn't even have problems with the Hydregion that everybody loves to complain about. One or two Signal Beams and he went straight down. Overall I might have had to use a hyper potion or two - as long as you play type advantage properly, the in-game AI isn't much of a roadblock.

I wanted more of a challenge from both him and N. I was disappointed. :c I was also disappointed they both forced my Zekrom into the beginning of the battle and I had to put in the effort to not kill anything with him before he got knocked out so he would not get evs. :c

I was very scared, however he actually wasnt that hard, even though none of my pokemon matched his levels. He took out a couple of mine, and that Buffallo thing was quite hard to beat. However the rest of them werent too bad, no harder then a Gym Leader.

'Cause I'm just that cool, my Pokemon were all level 53 by the time I got to him. I lost a couple (most notably my newly-captured Reshiram) but otherwise, I blew through it easily.

A couple hundred hours of gameplay later...

My nine year-old sister got to him. I spent hours guiding her level 47s through every step. We had to stall his Hydreigon to actually run out of PP before we won. Otherwise, it OHKOed everybody on her team. Luckily, she was full on Revives from a day of Entralinking.

Hoo, boy. And this is why we grind, people, grind.:naughty:

His Hydreigon was easy to me... :/
Knock it out with a fighting type and ur done.. :D

Beat him 2d time around :/
First time I had like, barely any potions & stuff so I died.
His Hydreigon, which msot people complain about was easy for me, Swanna and his awesome Ice Beam FTW!

My initial thought before the battle was: This is gonna suck

My thought after the battle: ...

Yeah, he was pretty easy for me. Used a few hyper potions but that's all really. His Bisharp, Boufallant, and Cofagrigus went down like a stack of cards. His Seismitoad was slugged by my own Seismitoad. Hydreigon was low sweeped by Emboar. Eelektross was a bit tough but Chandelure did the job.

My Pokémon were at level 45-50 (or 48 if one excludes Reshiram) at the time.

I won but... Man, it was tough. I had legendaries that were SE to him and I still struggled. But revives and full restores sure did the trick.

This pretty much sums up what happened to me. But then my highest was my newly caught Zekrom...:dodgy:

I'll be honest, I thought he was easy. I was actually surprised since I've been told that he was really tough, but I had no problem. My Haxorus helped a lot. :)

I survived Ghetis with no Problem. He was pretty easy and I was under his level by about 2.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom