• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did you survive Ghetsis?

Did you survive Ghetsis?

• Total voters
The dude was a joke. I smashed through half with my gurdurr, beat his eelektross with my Krookodile's dark type moves, Cofagrigus had no chance against my krookodile either, and as for his seismitoad? well let's just take into consideration that my serperior is a beeeeeeeeeeast.

But my Electivire is better. Darn shame that I didn't have him at that point....

I beat Ghetsis, no sweat. Now the real problem was getting to him by beating the Elite Four. I had to try three times.

I beat him no problem, why does everyone think he is so hard?
For the same reason they think Whitney is hard: No Fighting-types.
My Scrafty made quick work of that Hydreigon. The rest of his team was wack and had no moves.

I almost didn't make it in my White playthrough, because his Hydreigon hit like a nuke and all my Team had pathetic Special Defense and was kind of slow, as I barely scratched the 50's. Zekrom miraculously saved me after my whole team was swept and I revived him. I got really lucky there.

He was easier in Black, but that's because I used White to train my team further, and I grinded a Hydreigon of my own.

He might not have been as hard as Cyrus, but he was sure a surprise after N, who was weaksauce to Fighting.

For the same reason they think Whitney is hard: No Fighting-types.

No, it's the "He literally has an illegal team" thing. A max speed powerhouse with some bulk behind it is pretty damn dangerous. Even higher base-speed positive nature things with a type advantage (Like say, my Galvantula) aren't going to be outspeeding the hacked thing, and if they do, they likely won't kill it.

My Samurott, Zoroark and Vanilluxe blazed through most of his team, but that Hydreigon had me spamming Revives and Moomoo milks until it was out of PP. Not hard as a whole, just one or two annoying pokemon

Yeah, he really wasn't that bad at all. Sure, his Cofagrigus used Toxic ASAP but then all I had to do was switch into my Bisharp and then it was all dandy cause, hey, just TRY to poison a Bisharp. :p

I think I used maybe one revive and a couple of moomoo milks. That's about it.... not that it wasn't hard/fun though! ^__^

I beat him no problem, why does everyone think he is so hard?

Biggest example of "Your Mileage May Vary" since Whitney. It really just depends on the type of team you have and how much you train your pokemon. But like with Whitney, it can't be denied that a lot of people have trouble with him.

I finally decided to get off my lazy arse and challenge the Elite 4...I beat N without any trouble. Ghetsis was moderately difficult. I had a bit of problem with his Hydreigon but managed to pull through.

My team was Serperior, Sawk, Zebstrika, Reshiram, Stoutland and Simipour.

Yeah, no problem.
The biggest problem was that Cofagrigus, I'd say, but Emboar defeated it rather easily. After that, I just crit- and flinch-hax'd my way through the rest of his team with Scrafty and Swoobat, respectively. <3

No items used, obviously. I don't use items in-battle, except for Pokéballs.

Last edited:
Barely, and I mean really barely. I used like 5 Max revives and I still won by having only about 10 Hp on my last Pokemon. I think his Hydreigon gave me the most trouble, because I didn't have any Ice or Fighting type moves. I think it would have been easier if hadn't tried to avoid using Zekrom in the beginning (I took Zekrom to my party only for the epic Reshiram-Zekrom duel, but I felt like I would have cheated if I had used it to wipe out Ghetsis too).

Yeah, just. I think I did pretty good showing him who's boss, considering how underlevelled my Pokemon were.

But I fully didn't expect to battle him there and then. I hated the possibility of losing, especially after not being able to save after I caught my Reshiram, and I didn't wanna have to go through the hassle of having to catch it again.

Last edited:
I lost horribly against that guy. I did not expect that Hydreigon to be faster than Mienshao. x_x

If only Mienshao didn't have a nature that lowered Sp. Def I would have one. I finally beat him by getting out my Zebstraika and paralyzing him.

He sent out Hydreigon second. Once I took care of him with Zekrom, it wasn't that hard.

Oof... Ghetsis is so hard. I lost for about 3 times, or even more.
Is it because I used Reshiram? Or is it because of something else?
Hmm... Can't tell.
But I won at the 4th battle against him, I guess. I don't remember. The only thing I remember that I lost for about 3 times.

He owned me first go, primarily because I had poor typing and my pokemon weren't even 50. orz The second time was almost a close call, but I used Bulbapedia to help me use advantageous moves. XD

Hydreigon was EVIL. Was SO hard to beat that thing!

I don't use legendaries (do catch them, just don't battle with them) but I caught Reshiram in one go, beat N, including Zekrom, in one go (in fact my Krookodile beat Zekrom, Zoroarok and one other all in a row - Moxie ftw!) but Ghetsis was a fucking beast. Took me several attempts to finally beat him.

Given that I did 3 of the elite 4 on one poke because the others got ko'd in the first battle (I was heavily under leveled but could hit strong fast super effective attacks on everyone else), I had almost no chance at winning against ghetsis, 2nd try I battled very unusually and won.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom