• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did you think that Mother 2 (known in the North American SNES version as Earthbound) was the best-selling original Super Famicom game in Japan?

thomaswiencek

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
What's happening, everybody? Have you thought that Mother 2 (known in its North American Super Nintendo Entertainment System version as Earthbound) had become the best-selling game originally for the Super Famicom in Japan? Why? Please let me know, thanks. :)

According to this article on Earthbound Central, Mother 2 sold under 500,000 copies, less than half the number of copies that the 48th best-selling SNES game sold (according to Wikipedia).

Considering Mother 2 sold fewer copies than even the bottom best-selling games, I don’t think it was ever best-selling nor do I think that anyone has thought so either considering its obscurity.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom