• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Differences in versions

I'd actually like this idea. Since in the past all the other games have had minor differences this could actually be worth it. Same region different climates. If this were to happen, I'd buy these both possibly.

I like this idea too. If this happened, I would buy both versions. Also, if they made new Pokemon that were version exclusive and you had to get so far into the game inorder to trade for the other ones.

While I don't think they'd go quite as far as having two separate regions, I do think if they tried to accomodate changes in both versions, the experiences between the two would make each worth getting.

Let's say, instead of two different lands, just make it one, but each character starts in the opposite place as the other. Then, you work your way through the regions and gyms in a reverse order. Maybe have something like the 1st Gym for Version A is the 8th Gym for Player B (with levels swapped). Player A hits towns and places that Player B wouldn't visit till later in his game. Make obstacles different for each player but not radically so. Toss in a legendary Pokemon to tie the story arc together and you've got two separate tales without making two totally different games.

Sinnoh would have been nice with its whole East and West divider. Most of the games have really awesome potential. If they were to create the future generations with as much pizazz as Platinum or HGSS, then I'd be happy.

Yeah, indeed, different weather in versions would be so groundbreaking, would require SO much effort, and would make buying both of them reasonably.

Are you people serious?

How about each version having an additional region, but each one have a different one, with different characters, different plot, different Pokemon? How that would be amazing.

In fact, a whole additional region for each version isn't even required. I'd say that each version having some different locations (with the respective characteristics as mentioned earlier, of course) would be awesome enough, compared to Ruby and Sapphire, and (God, they were the same) Diamond and Pearl.

Well, either way the dual version is an interesting concept. I don't care about the reason why Game Freak actually uses it, but I know that it works just fine for aim it was originally thought for; you can find people with the same version as you, people with the different version, people with the third version as their main game.

That gives even further personalisation to each Trainer, and it's very important that the concept that needs to be kept on, even if no serious changes are made to make each version more different to the other.

I really hope this happens- it's not about which legendary you get anymore. I mean, besides the different Pokemon is there even a difference anywhere else? In RS the team was different. I would like to see this stuff more often.

I kinda like the idea that someone posted on another thread a while back, with one version being set in the past and one beign set in the future, with both versions having unique pokemon due to extinctions/genetic engineering.

That way while most of the map would stay largely the same (but with building styles changed, say), certain specific features of it may be vastly different; what was a trainer-filled castle in the one version would be a ruin filled with ghost pokemon in the other, what was a forest may now be a city, and what was water route may now be a lake, a dam and a land route.

That is seriously the greatest idea ever, but it is a little flawed. The trainers and gym leaders of the past would be completely different to the ones of the future. How about this? Just after you choose your starter, Team Time (or something equally cheesy) completes a time machine, which backfires and engulfs the whole region, sending all humans through time. In one version everyone ends up in the past and in the other you end up in the future. That way each game has different Pokemon and different landscapes, but the characters are the same in both versions. I'm not sure how they'd incorporate a third version though.

I kinda like the idea that someone posted on another thread a while back, with one version being set in the past and one beign set in the future, with both versions having unique pokemon due to extinctions/genetic engineering.

That way while most of the map would stay largely the same (but with building styles changed, say), certain specific features of it may be vastly different; what was a trainer-filled castle in the one version would be a ruin filled with ghost pokemon in the other, what was a forest may now be a city, and what was water route may now be a lake, a dam and a land route.
yeah thats was my Idea:kawaii:

somewhere in this thread
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=52826&page=6

It would be awesome if they make something like that :)

That is seriously the greatest idea ever, but it is a little flawed. The trainers and gym leaders of the past would be completely different to the ones of the future. How about this? Just after you choose your starter, Team Time (or something equally cheesy) completes a time machine, which backfires and engulfs the whole region, sending all humans through time. In one version everyone ends up in the past and in the other you end up in the future. That way each game has different Pokemon and different landscapes, but the characters are the same in both versions. I'm not sure how they'd incorporate a third version though.

The 3rd Version could be the Present
or more abstract, a fusion of past, present and future

though I dont know how it would look like after they are fused together:uhoh:

Very nice. The thing with this gives the characters different looks(winter/summer clothes? Sandstorm/snowstorm clothes?) the Pokemon can look different for the differences and so on. That can give the Pokemon a collective style in that you can have like a winter fox and a summer fox.

Nah - just have a character in a house saying "the gym leader in this town is Dave, just like his father before him, and his father before him - I think there'll always be a Dave in this city's gym" or somesuch.

Third version could involve time travel to a greater extent.

Nah - just have a character in a house saying "the gym leader in this town is Dave, just like his father before him, and his father before him - I think there'll always be a Dave in this city's gym" or somesuch.

Third version could involve time travel to a greater extent.

Okay, I gotta say, that actually sounds like an interesting idea.

I'm not really into the "same region, different climate" idea, at least the specific one that got suggested. I wasn't a fan of the huge monotonous water area in Hoenn, and I don't think I'd be a fan of a gigantic snowy or desert area either - I more want to see thoroughly varied climates.

The different-eras idea is definitely intriguing, though it might be a better idea for the two-game set than the three-game set.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom