• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Differences on Raising Pokémon In The Anime

Owain

My Sword Hand Twitches!
Reaction score
Hi There!
I Started this thread in order for us to Indentify wether or not Raising Pokémon in the Anime is radically Different than in the games, if this thread has been done before, please close it; In My Oppinion, It is different, because the Trainer's Skill and Experience along with Strategies seem to matter more/equally to the Type Matchups, and even Un-Evolved Pokémon can become powerful fighting assests, so... Discuss.

In the games, all you have to do is go to the Pokemon Center. :/ Well, you also have Potions, Revives, Carbos...Huh. Raising Pokemon in the games is thougher than I first thought.

Well I figure anime training is harder cuz the pokemon actually have to be trained in real time (like teaching a dog a trick). And I've never seen trainers utilize items during battles like in the games.

^^
1) they do things off-screen you know...
2) Mira's Sandshrew knows how it is
3) above number implies that they don't need to eat when they are in their Pokéballs, so yeah...

I think anime training is harder because in the games your pokemon dont have much personality.

I wonder how poeple in the anime would react to trainers mass breeding their pokemon and abandon anything which doesn't have perfect stats.

^ Paul would be mad he didn't think of it first.
Kind of reminds me about Team Rocket's creation of Mewtwo.

You just made my day lol

I also wonder how the anime people would react if they knew they can mate siblings.

There Ya Go...

Brock: It's Sad, But I Already Knew It...
Misty: OMIGAWDWHAT?
Tracey: WHA-WHAT?
May: I Think I'm Gonna Throw Up...
Max: You Didn't Know That, May?
Dawn: EEK!
Iris: U MAD?
Cilan: It Doesn't Have a Good Flavor To It...
Paul: Perfect IV's... Giggity.
Ritchie: That's Just Wrong...
Zoey: Can Two Females Do It too?
Kenny: A-ACK!
Drew: ...... NO, Just No...
Harley: It Doesn't Have ''Elegance''! A Big No-No! (Shakes Hips).
Gary: Gross...
Soledad: *BLEAARHG*
Barry: I'm Fining One Million Poké To However Does It!
Conway: (Creepy Glasses Shine).
Ursula: So... What's The Big Deal?
Nando: Ah~! A Good Thing That Is Not~
Shooti: But That's Just The Basics...
Ash: What is Mating Again?

It is vastly different, but more realistic, I think. It could only get more real if it turned into Digimon (which I don't think is a good thing)

There Ya Go...

Brock: It's Sad, But I Already Knew It...
Misty: OMIGAWDWHAT?
Tracey: WHA-WHAT?
May: I Think I'm Gonna Throw Up...
Max: You Didn't Know That, May?
Dawn: EEK!
Iris: U MAD?
Cilan: It Doesn't Have a Good Flavor To It...
Paul: Perfect IV's... Giggity.
Ritchie: That's Just Wrong...
Zoey: Can Two Females Do It too?
Kenny: A-ACK!
Drew: ...... NO, Just No...
Harley: It Doesn't Have ''Elegance''! A Big No-No! (Shakes Hips).
Gary: Gross...
Soledad: *BLEAARHG*
Barry: I'm Fining One Million Poké To However Does It!
Conway: (Creepy Glasses Shine).
Ursula: So... What's The Big Deal?
Nando: Ah~! A Good Thing That Is Not~
Shooti: But That's Just The Basics...
Ash: What is Mating Again?

You sir are awesome. xD

^Thank You!
[/Clown Hat]

[Serious Fedora]
But Now On Topic:

In BW005 we Witnessed Corn and his Panpour dealing a beatdown to Pikachu, Panpour has a Type Disadvantage, but due to Corn's Startegy, Pikachu was Beaten, so... do you guys believe that this match was:
1) Pikachu Lost To A Water-Type? WTF!
2) Strategy and Experience Play an Important Part in the Anime Batlles.

2) Strategy and Experience Play an Important Part in the Anime Battles.

Corn knew he was at a disadvantage so he planned a strategy to deal with Pikachu's electric attacks.

^^
1) they do things off-screen you know...

But Ash and Dent were surprised to see it, and I doubt Iris was running off alone to feed it every day.

3) above number implies that they don't need to eat when they are in their Pokéballs, so yeah...

See, I don't really understand the nature of Poke Balls... we see the gang sometimes needing to feed and clean their Pokémon and it's been established that a Pokémon is conscious while inside the Poké Ball, yet sometimes Pokémon have apparently gone for weeks/months without being let out.

Thats something thats been bothering me...when was Iris going to introduce Satoshi and Dento to Doryuzu? We saw Kibago eating with the group before the Pendra episode so WTF Iris?

^^ That is Sooo True!

And @WatcherMark Idk about the first but in the second You're Right.

2) Strategy and Experience Play an Important Part in the Anime Battles.

Corn knew he was at a disadvantage so he planned a strategy to deal with Pikachu's electric attacks.

^^ And Yet, we've got people bitching about it... as if they've never did it in the Games...
also the Shooti Match in BW001, i think Zekrom's Electrical Discharge didn't just steal Pikachu's Electrical Powers, but it may have Damaged Pika aswell, and Satoshi Calling out Attacks without knowing it was its own downfall, but people say things like:
''Lv88 Pikachu lost to a Lv5 Snivy? What The Hell''

yet they don't realize that Numerical Levels don't Apply to the Anime
Amirite?

Yeah, people tend to the forget that some game mechanics dont apply to the anime.

^^ i was checking and they talked about levels in the 9th episode, and Giselle said that Pikachu should be around Lv25 at that point, but i think it was dropped later on... mentions of numerical Levels have vanished, but ''Power Levels'', get a mention in the show's Crossroads of time here and there

Yeah, I remember that ep but I guess the writers decided that It wasn't a good Idea to use numerical levels.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom