• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Difficulty Setting

Do you think they'll be a Difficulty Setting in USUM?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Um, maybe it's just me, but SuMo were a LARGE upgrade in terms of difficulty compared to XY and Gen V, so I'd be willing to wager than USUM don't even need them, but OFC, I'd love to see them implemented~
They were ok if you don't use exp share.. the thing that makes them seem more difficult are the totems which are 2v1 and also the bad balance of levels

I don't use exp share in pokemon because it ruins everything, and still, in Moon, and somewhere on UlaUla, I found myself like 10levels below the wild pokemon and trainers, and it's not even a matter of not having enough trainers to beat for exp, it's just that the levels of everything spike up that much after a fight, maybe with Lusamine, I forgot. While I appreciate that spike of levels, it was still badly balanced and before that segment, well it wasn't that much difficult than usual, but if you're nuzlocking, it's pretty hard

I had a quick read on what the challenge mode/ easy mode in B2W2 entailed, as I never had the opportunity to avail of it, in order to answer this question. Which was to change the opponent's difficulty by the levels that their pokemon is in relation to the player's pokemon level, as well as altering the E4's Pokemon's movesets and held items, in addition to including an extra member. I do not feel there will be a difficulty setting, and I do not mind this as for me it isn't a priority, I also would not like it to intrude in the way of conceptualising other details for the game.

I do not necessarily hope for a difficulty setting a la what was set out in B2W2, however what I would love to happen - considering Sun and Moon specifically - is a feature to switch off bothersome elements such as move-type effectiveness of moves against a Pokemon (even if this occurs after the second time you encounter said Pokemon, I tend to forget instantly so I would like the challenge regardless), as well as Rotomdex having a pointer as where to go to complete certain tasks - leave me alone, Rotomdex. Let me find my own way. I think these features are fantastic for some players so they should be maintained, however for me, being used to the older system and preferring it, it does dilute the experience for me - so I would like if they were optional. This is the "difficulty setting" I had in mind, I suppose. In terms of levels and movesets, I have no preference - I found XY to be more of a cakewalk in terms of battling than I did with SM, actually (the initial champion was... tougher than I had anticipated) - as far as my Pokemon gaming experience has been, I have found that the adversities I have faced with particular games just depends on my team match-ups and movesets really; it's different for everyone, I suppose.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom