• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Digimon Odyssey (my thoughts for a new Digimon season)

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
(reader's note 1: Some Digimon that feature in this story will be of my own creation, I will try to describe them the best I can.)
(reader's note 2: This fic will try to copy the style of the original Japanese versions of the Digimon anime, but will use dub terms for Digivolution such as Rookie, Champion, Ultimate, and Mega. Also, since I suck with Japanese names, I will give the human characters more American names.)
(reader's note 3: This fic is T-rated due to mild to moderated monster-based violence, and will include some Digimon being deleted [aka dying], some semi-frequent instances of profanity [mostly damn, crap and hell, but a few scattered instances of some stronger language later on], human death may also be referenced, but not implicitly shown since it happens prior to the plot of this story, and mild teen romance buildup will possibly happen)

Prologue synopsis: November 19, 2021, a new Virtual Reality MMORPG called Digimon Odyssey has released worldwide. The players get their own Digimon partners, and must save the Digital World inside the game from the evil Demon Lord Digimon Barbamon, before the games' world collides with the world of the humans. A group of international players and their ragtag team of Digimon partners, are the key to saving both worlds before it's too late.

Last edited:
Preview of Chapter 1 (the rest coming June-ish, assuming work doesn't completely drain me out of ideas)

"Hold on... You skipped the main tutorial?!" The mysterious female Tamer remarked, shocked at Eric's eagerness to jump into a game he never even played before, then turning to her partner Digimon who looked like a large purple hamster with bat wings for ears. "Tsukaimon, do you REALLY think that helping this noob is a good idea? Or should he just uninstall this game and go back to... Zoo-Crafter 3!"

Suddenly, a ferocious-looking cyborg Digimon that looked like a Deinonychus with metallic, blade-like wings, and yellow fur, lunged at Eric and the other Tamer at high speed. This was Raptordramon, the "Test Boss", and a Champion-level Digimon.

Eric shoved the "salty" Tamer out of harm's way, then looking at her with a sort of arrogant smirk as a sarcastic way to say "You're welcome!"

"So how do we beat this thing?" Eric asked, his partner Gekkidramon clinging to Raptordramon's tail, the smaller lizard-like Digimon hanging on for dear life.

"Tsukaimon, I guess we don't have a choice..... You're gonna have to Digivolve."

Arc 0 Chapter 1 part A:
Eric Nakamura, a Japanese 8th grader, had just finished installing Digimon Odyssey on his M.O.V.R (Massive Online Virtual Realms)( acronym pronounced "Mover") Headset, and within seconds, he was literally sucked into a Digital World. He arrived in what appeared to be a clearing in the forest. Suddenly a window in his headset read "Would you like to take the tutorial? YES or NO"

Eric laughed "How about... NO!" Eric said, not realizing nor caring about the mistake he clearly made blindly running into a game he's never played before. "If this is anything like Realm of Sky Wars, this online game should be easy to learn."

Eric then noticed that his clothes, changed from his real-life pajamas, into something to fit this world more. Green goggles, a red leather jacket which is partially covering a blue T-Shirt, also wearing black shorts, and yellow sneakers with white socks.

Eric dozed off for two minutes or so, only to wake up to a strange looking bipedal reptilian creature that looked like it part Spinosaurus, part leopard gecko, and part Chinese dragon. It was a weird shade of orange, with big gray eyes, bright purple stripes on its limbs, and dark brown blotches on its face and tail, and a turquoise underbelly. This was Gekkidramon, Eric's Digimon partner for the game. Gekkidramon was jumping up and down on Eric's stomach.

"Eric... Wake up. You're in some very real danger! Get up and follow me." Gekkidramon said in a voice resembling that of the Disney character Stitch, only with a slightly Scottish-sounding accent.
"Uh, OK.... Are you a Digimon? Also, HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?!" Eric replied a bit confused.

"Yup, I'm Gekkidramon, and I'm YOUR DIGIMON. Nice to finally meet you, my friend!"

Eric kept running until he bumped into a mysterious female Tamer.
She had dark mocha-colored skin and dreadlocks, wearing a gothic attire with fake cobwebs on her shirt and skirt.
Her Digimon was flying above her, circling the area for any enemy Digimon to fight. Eric couldn't really make out the shape, but looked no bigger than Gekkidramon.

"Hey! Watch it, you frickin' noob!" she said in an African-American accent, and was clearly not happy about almost being pushed over. "Tsukaimon, did you find anything?!" She shouted

Her Digimon flew down, revealing itself to be a deep purple hamster-like creature with yellow eyes and pale underbelly, no teeth or visible nose, no whiskers, and bat wings for ears, hence why it was flying. This was Tsukaimon.

"Keisha, I saw a Raptordramon headed this way at full spe--- Hold on! Who's this kid?! He looks to me as if he's JUST your type!" Tsukaimon said.

"Keisha, huh? I'm Eric Nakamura, at your service. And honestly quite flatte---"
"Shut the HELL up, noob!" Keisha shouted, interrupting Eric, tempted to slap him across the face, but resisting, since this type of aggression automatically starts a PvP match, which Eric was clearly not ready for. Keisha wanted more of a challenge.

Gekkidramon intervened by saying "Eric's my partner, and if you're messing with him, you gotta deal with ME!"

"This game is a lot like Realm of Sky Wars, maybe I should've played Zoo-Crafter 3 instead." Eric muttered. "Now I wish I DIDN'T skip the tutorial."

"Hold on... You skipped the main tutorial?!" Keisha remarked, shocked at Eric's eagerness to jump into a game he never even played before, then turning to her partner Digimon "Tsukaimon, do you REALLY think that helping this noob is a good idea? Or should he just uninstall this game and go back to... Zoo-Crafter 3!"

Suddenly, a ferocious-looking cyborg Digimon that looked like a Deinonychus with metallic, blade-like wings, and yellow fur, lunged at Eric and the other Tamer at high speed. This was Raptordramon, a Champion-level Digimon, which Keisha was tracking.

Eric shoved the "salty" young woman out of harm's way, then looking at her with a sort of arrogant smirk as a sarcastic way to say "You're welcome!"

"So how do we beat this thing?" Eric asked, his partner Gekkidramon clinging to Raptordramon's tail, the smaller lizard-like Digimon hanging on for dear life.

"Tsukaimon, I guess we don't have a choice..... You're gonna have to Digivolve." Keisha shrugged.

Tsukaimon nodded. "Fine..." and her Digivice appeared from her pocket, and shot a beam of purple light at Tsukaimon.

^ Part B of the above
"Tsukaimon, Digivolve to...." the purple flying rodent said, preparing for the digivolution process, changing from its current form, to a demonic, wolf-like Digimon with small bat-wings over its eyes and shoulders, and bladed paws. "SANGLOUPMON!" the newly Digivolved being howled.

"Sangloupmon, Ima need you to get this noob's Digimon away from our opponent" Keisha ordered "Without hurting it!"

Raptordramon let out a screeching roar, Eric covering his ears. Meanwhile, Sangloupmon jumped onto Raptordramon's back, rescuing Gekkidramon, then jumping down and hurling the small lizard-like Digimon towards Eric, who grabbed it.

"Good aim!" Eric exclaimed.

Sangloupmon grunted slightly, then proceeding to attack Raptordramon by shooting a quick flurry of razor-sharp blades, from its paws, at it.

"STICKER BLADES!" Sangloupmon howled, while doing so.

Gekkidramon decided to go in to get back at Raptordramon, jumping out of Eric's arms, and darting past Keisha.

"Frenzy Flare!' Gekkidramon used its signature attack, spitting a barrage of noxious flames at Raptordramon, who was barely affected by it.

"Control your Digimon! He's only a Rookie, and he's going after a Champion-level Digimon!" Keisha shouted at Eric.

"BLACK MIND!" Sangloupmon attacked by vanishing, and then reappearing behind Raptordramon, delivering the final bite to the back of the neck.

Raptordramon's data scattered, and Gekkidramon somehow levelled up with 1/3 of the experience his "comrade" Sangloupmon obtained.

Sangloupmon jumped down and reverted back to Tsukaimon.

Gekkidramon wanted to find out what his Champion form will be.

"Wow." Eric said. "That.. was... AWESOME! Hold on... Sangloupmon is Tsukaimon again?"

"Digivolution isn't permanent, so don't go wasting it on weak foes. And Yes, Sangloupmon is Tsukaimon's Champion form. I have yet to reach Ultimate, let alone Mega!" Keisha explained. "I guess you're gonna have to stick with me for now, since YOU were too LAZY to do the tutorial! I want to train you into being a competent Tamer who is NOT a noob."

"Ok." Eric nodded. "So Gekkidramon leveled up from 1 to 5. Can he Digivolve soon?"

"You have to take a quest from an NPC Digimon in order to unlock the Champion slot. 5 is the minimum level for Digivolving to Champion. Consider yourself lucky." Keisha answered. "You should be getting a quest soon. The Digimon that sends the quest is often different for each player. It's always a Rookie. Strabimon sent me one yesterday. This is only the second time Tsukaimon Digivolved."

"You're WELCOME!" Tsukaimon remarked sarcastically. "Your scaly hide would have been beaten to a pulpy pile of data if it weren't for me."

Eric then noticed a quest from Ryudamon called "Catch the Egg Thief!, with the reward of "ability to Digivolve to Kengemon".

"Alright, I'll accept!" Eric said, "Now to find Ryudamon!"

Episode 1 OVER

Episode 2 (part one)

Eric and Keisha were now walking into Byte-Burg town, the nearest, but smallest hub in the Digital World.

Suddenly, another player, more experienced than Eric, but not as much as Keisha, a boy with blue hair, red eyes, and a green jumpsuit walked up to them.

His Digimon was a green primate with a weird hair bun and a slingshot. This, was Monmon.

Monmon's partner pointed at Eric and attempted to challenge him.

"You do realized he skipped the tutorial, right?" Keisha interrupted. "His partner can't even Digivolve yet!"

The kid in the green jumpsuit was Bobby Clayton, a British player.

Tsukaimon, who was resting on Keisha's head, woke up shocked.

"Uhhh. Are we doing PvP?" Tsukaimon groaned.

Suddenly, the small alleyway turned into a blank slate.

Bobby, the player who initiated the PvP match, chose the battlefield. "Gigawatt Jungle!"

Eric was in awe, and Gekkidramon was overly excited to watch a PvP match!

Suddenly, a white light surrounded Monmon and Tsukaimon.

Monmon digivolved into a large, green mandrill-like Digimon with a blowgun and a loincloth. Simiamon!

Tsukaimon digivolved into Sangloupmon.

RUMBLE!

RULES OF BOBBY VS KEISHA PVP MATCH:

Digivolution level: Champion

Get your opponent's health down to ZERO to win! No EXP or Bit will be earned for PVP! NO ITEMS MAY BE USED! TIME LIMIT... 5 minutes!

Simiamon jumped towards the vampiric wolf Digimon, "BABOON BARRAGE!" The large green monkey shot several darts of energy toward Sangloupmon using its blowgun.

Sangloupmon got hit twice out of a possible five times.

"Black Mind!" Sangloupmon melted into the shadows, and re-appeared behind its adversary, pouncing.

"YIKES!" Gekidramon shouted from the viewing area.

Simiamon was knocked to the ground.

The green primate got up, and Sangloupmon looked like the victor so far.

However, Simiamon had a plan, jumping into the trees.

Sangloupmon used its Sticker Blade attack towards a large grove. It caused Simiamon to fall, nearly defeated.

Simiamon got up, with low health, and used an all-or-nothing final gambit attack.

"HOWLING KNUCKLE!" Sangloupmon was defeated by a mighty punch, and both Digimon reverted back to their Rookie forms. The alleyway was back to normal.

(part 2 of the episode coming soon)

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom