• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Digimon or pokemon-your pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokefan8

Reaction score
Digimon for me. They can talk, thay are much stronger, the anime though did not recieve as much fame taught lessons instead of "oh beat this trainer, get hurt, win me money." Kids would learn from those. Also, rookie digimon (just type in gooogle search) they are so much cuter. Megas look stronger..and who wouldn't want to be in a vertual world to get away from the real world once in a while?:cool: Yeah yeah, I know a lot of you are die hard poke fans *lol, my username, so ironic. I think I just failed:banana:* Anyway, tell me what you all think. there are some games for digimon, like digimon workd ds. Try it. Its quite hard. Much harder than any pokemon game and the cut scenes are full of story line.

I admit, I liked the Digimon series ALOT more than the Pokemon series. The story telling was way more compelling, the characters were better developed and as you said the Mon's could talk which was a huge selling point for me because I always wished Pokemon could talk.

I mean I guess technically Pokemon can talk like Mew-Two or Meowth but they're the exception not the rule.

Here's one for you, who were better trainers? Pokemon trainers or Digimon Trainers? Ha.

I admit, I liked the Digimon series ALOT more than the Pokemon series. The story telling was way more compelling, the characters were better developed and as you said the Mon's could talk which was a huge selling point for me because I always wished Pokemon could talk.

I mean I guess technically Pokemon can talk like Mew-Two or Meowth but they're the exception not the rule.

Here's one for you, who were better trainers? Pokemon trainers or Digimon Trainers? Ha.

I would have to say pokemon trainers *only because I haven't watched the digimon series to often. Never really saw them fight much, except for the corrupt ones with the gears. Thanks/

This is going to end well... :banana: But to answer your question, I know just about everything when it comes to Pokemon, but barely a thing about Digimon- I thought it was dead, isn`t it?

This is going to end well... :banana: But to answer your question, I know just about everything when it comes to Pokemon, but barely a thing about Digimon- I thought it was dead, isn`t it?

I'm not too sure. I heard it still comes on some channel in the mornings, but yeah, its dying. I still love it, just as chrismsx had stated in his post, thats why I think it overall was better. But once agian this is just my opinion. I'll always still play pokemon though.

Digimon. The show is much better then Pokemon, which has the worst anime ever. The games for Digimon are in varied quality, ranging to underrated but awesome (Digimon Story Series) to the AVGN would review this (Data Squad/Savers Another Mission), while Pokemon has awesome main series games but varied quality spinoffs.

As for character design, I've been kinda split lately between them.

Oh, and to the OP, you should watch Xros Wars. It's awesomeness.

Digimon. The show is much better then Pokemon, which has the worst anime ever. The games for Digimon are in varied quality, ranging to underrated but awesome (Digimon Story Series) to the AVGN would review this (Data Squad/Savers Another Mission), while Pokemon has awesome main series games but varied quality spinoffs.

As for character design, I've been kinda split lately between them.

Agreed. also, pokemon is the same when you look at it- catch them all. (with all this wi-fi and event pokemon just "catching them all" is near inpossible for some people. So the tag line is ruined. AVGN needs to review some of these games. The plots were epic. Heck, Im still struggling agianst the demon lords in DW ds.

He would probably only review the terrible ones like DW4 or that one other game I mentioned. But he could make up for that with a review of Hey You Pikachu.

As for the games being repetetive for Pokemon, I know one reviewer docked some points off BW for being a letdown and not changing much in terms of core gameplay other then adding triple battles, something that has been in many many non-Pokemon RPGs.

I do like the gameplay though, and I am currently playing through Silver.

Ha I'm the same way.. I know pretty much EVERYTHING about Pokemon and I've never even touched a Pokemon game. I've just seen the Digimon series minus the terrible season where the kids were their own Digimon. 0_O

I love the pokemon games and I don't watch anything but the news on television so......

I like the show A LOT better but I haven't played any games. Pokemon is my favorite game series but I kinda hate the show. Digimon was really cool and entertaining. And Sora is really hot.

Let's just close this little sucker up before something happens that we can't take back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom