• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Digimon Tri rewrite ideas

Nicolas721

Reaction score
Hi guys, during the last few months I-ve had some ideas on how this disaster of a series could improve and I don't have anywhere else to post them so I might as well do it here. I won't do a full fanfic as I'm a bit lazy for that, but if for some reason you want to use the ideas just talk to me. Also feel free to suggest changes.

Spoilers for Digimon Adventure, Adventure 02 and Tri, not for 2020.

OVA I: More or less the same, but episode 3 has better pacing so it introduces Meiko and makes the group warm up to her. She specifically search the group has she claims Meikomon has been acting "strange". Then in the middle of the Alpha vs Omega battle, Meicoomon attacks some of the partner Pokemon and almost kills them, shocking everyone. Also, everyone is worried about the 02 kids and wondering where they are, with TK and Kari remembering that they say Gennai wanted them to unlock the Ultimate forms of their Digimon, so they didn't go with them.

OVA II: Meiko bonds with Kari instead of Mimi, but the OVA is still about Joe and Mimi with Sora added into the mix. Instead of fighting Imperialdramon they fight Valkirymon and SlashAngemon and they got very confused, but their Digimon reach Mega stage. Leomon's life is spared, but he can appear in a segment where Izzy contacts ally Digimon about what could be Meicoomon's sickness.

More to come, though I spoil you there'll be more than 6 OVAs.

Last edited:
OVA III: Well, the reboot idea has its problems, but without it you're left with the boring Meicoomon stuff and I feel it had some potential, so I'll keep it, including the drama of the Digimon refusing to lose their memories and Izzy being unable to find a cure. The main battle is Imperialdramon vs Seraphimon and Ophanimon, which also takes place in some kind of Digital space when TK and Kari can see the 02 kids imprisoned. They are able to save them, but back on the real world, Meicoomon digivolves and starts infecting everyone....

OVA IV: Meicoomon is defeated (she doesn't die, she just faints), but it's too late and the Digimon keep going crazy. The battle is similar to the one in the real OVA III, where Tentomon evolves while trying to save everyone. Like in the original, the reboot is initiated, and mere seconds later Izzy discovers the backup has been stolen by Maki. Devastated, the group tries to find answers, and eventually Daigo reveals how they were the first chosen kids and Maki's plan to restore her Digimon, also it tells them how wild the Digital World was when it started. Also, Ken reveals he has also befriended a rebooted Wormmon, which lacks any memory of what has happened. Everyone goes to the Digital World, and leave Ken in case something happens. Daigo explains it'll take a while before Veemon, Hawkmon and Armadimon reappear, so Davis and the others agree to stay behind. In the Digital World, the chosen kids find their Digimon except for Gatomon and Meicoomon in their In-Training stages. Huckmon attacks them, but after a protective instint leads them to Digivolve he allows them to continue their quest.

OVA V: The group slowly befriends their Digimon, but without separating. Their lead is to find the domains of the Four Sovereigns, so they cross the sea, but a storm and some wild Digimon leave them stranded on File Island, which is ruled by Devimon, yet thankfully they are able to hide. The group fights but eventually reconcile while remembering their past. They beat Devimon and obtain some Adults in the process, including Angemon, as TK explains that he has already lost Patamon in the past so he's able to bond with him more easily.

OVA VI: The group approaches Azulongmon's domains, but they are attacked by Maki who is revealed to have an alliance with Etemon and other minor villains. They capture the group except for Kari and Meiko, who decide to go after their Digimon, and Kari's idea is to go to Myotismon's castle. While they are caught, Mimi and Joe bond with Etemon and start to think he can be reedemed. Daigo appears with LoaderLeomon (his original partner) and together with Matt and Izzy make a plan and escape the danger. Meanwhile, Kari and Meiko find Gatomon and Meicoomon, but Myotismon was waiting for them and launches an attack. Gatomon and Meicoomon digivolve easily and beat him, with Meicoomon being fully cured now. However, Kari senses a call...

Last edited:
Hi guys! The second part of OVA VI has been updated, so be sure to read it.

OVA VII: Izzy leaves the group mysteriously. Following some clues from Daigo, the group finds Zhuqiaomon and Ebonwumon, which have been corrupted by Yggdrasil. The group fights back and unlocks more evolutions, and learn about Yggdrasil's goals. Meanwhile, Kari and Meiko arrive on the Dark Ocean, and Dagomon reveals that Kari coming close to the dimensional portal is how it sensed her presence. He beats them and Kari starts being filled by darkness, but Meiko consoles her, and remembering the help of her friends Kari becomes a being of light that not only defeats Dragomon, but also destroys the Dark Ocean with their Digimon being purified and teletransported to the Digital World. It is revealed Kari absorbed a part of homeostasis when she first meet Botamon many years ago.

OVA VIII: The group meets with Azulongmon, and together with Daigo's partner they manage to stop the Dark Masters before they're even born. Afterwards, they discover they must go to a special desert where Alphamon is attacking the nearby Digimon. Huckmon digivolves and tries to stop it, but is killed. Meiko and Kari reunite with the group and battle Alphamon, who proves is too strong, but eventually Tai and Matt unlock their full power and become able to use Omnimon, and after a long battle they finally beat him. Alphamon laughs as he dies, and launches a dark virus onto Meicoomon...

OVA IX: Kari tries to heal Meicoomon with her light but is unable to. Meiko has the idea to fuse Meicoomon with Gatomon as she just saw Omnimon, but Kari refuses as that may cause the virus to spread. Meiko convinces Meikoomon to control Gatomon by force, breaking Kari's trust in her, and they become Ophanimon Falldown Mode. Meanwhile, Izzy finds Maki, but she attacks him with Megadramon, but he is saved by Etemon which evolves into KingEtemon and they beat her. Izzy discovers that knowledge isn't always the answer, and using compassion and empathy with Maki he convinces her to gave him the backup. Maki agrees with Izzy and is spared of a sad ending, as she promises to enjoy her remaining time with Bakumon (foreshadowing Kizuna). Ophanimon evolves into Ondinemon, and with a lot of work and Rosemon and Phoenixmon's abilities they beat her. The gate to the real world opens, and everyone agrees to cut ties with Meiko and return to the Real World, alongside Izzy and Maki.

only one OVA left!

OVA X: Meiko wants to make up for her mistake, so she travels alone to the Digital World in order to learn more about Meikomon. She has a terrible time with the survival stuff and wants to return, but after she realizes it's impossible she has to continue and develop her skills. She becomes progressively better and more confident, and unlocks Meicoomon's good evolutions along the way. Eventually she finds an incomplete Apocalymon and discovers Meicoomon is its reincarnation, but she confesses that it doesn't matter and that she will always love her no matter what. Meicoomon becomes Razielmon and destroys Apocalymon's remants.

OVA XI: We make a small fast forward to Tai, Matt, Sora, Izzy (he skipped a grade) and Meiko's graduation. Everyone is ready to leave school and keep following their dreams, but deep inside they want to keep having adventures with their Digimon. The Digimon have regained their memories, but Kari is still depressed because of Meiko's betrayal. Kari makes a small wish that the real world should have more order. This allows Homeostasis to take on a Digimon form and appear in the real world, and Yggdrassil appears too, wanting to digitalize the real world. A big battle takes place with all digimon participating (including the 02 group), and Meiko uses Razielmon to show she's on the good side, and apologizes to Kari. Kari remembers all the adventures she's had during the 3 series and how all changes made ger better, and stops the battle, and the gods return to the Digital World. The kids admit the Digital World will always follow them no matter where, so they choose to embrace it and give their careers a Digimon focus. Meiko moves away.

THE END

(yeah I said only one OVA was left but the idea of OVA X came when I was writing the ending)

TLDR version:
OVAs I-II: Similar to the real ones, but more focused.
OVA III: Similar to the real one, expanded to solve the mystery of the 02 kids
OVA IV: the end of the real OVA III and beginning of OVA IV, expanded.
OVAs V-VIII: New Digital World Arc which explores the characters and the consequences of the reboot.
OVA IX: End of the real OVA V, expanded and with more drama.
OVA X: Meiko and Meicoomon development.
OVA XI: New final battle that actually uses Homeostasis and Yggdrassil.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom