• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RP Everyone Digital Odyssey (IC thread)

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
@Glitchipedia @Spy07 @Lone_Garurumon @Timaeus @Arylett Charnoa
(Note: Sorry it took so long to start up this thread! Your first post should have you waking up in the Digital World and whatnot)
The Digital World, a strange place, quite similar, yet somehow, vastly different to the world of humanity.
Six young humans have somehow made it here, each chosen by one of Ten Legendary Warriors from the ancient past.

Eric Visser was one of these young humans. His dark brown hair was spiked up slightly at the front. The seventeen-and-a-half-year-old was helping his parents on a wildlife reserve in his native South Africa, and they received word that poachers were after a herd of elephants not too far away.

Eric was feeling dizzy, but didn't think much of it. In his defense, his mother was driving pretty fast in her Jeep, in order to confront these poachers before they killed any elephants.

Eric suddenly passed out, and when he woke up, he was in a tree, with this giant ladybug-looking thing nudging him to get up.
"Eric, you need to get up, bruh!" The insect thing shouted.

Eric kinda panicked. "Whoa! A giant dung beetle... That TALKS?!" He shouted
"Dung beetle? First off, my name is Tentomon, a Digimon. And I am certainly MUCH cleaner than this 'dung beetle' you seem to think I am." Tentomon retorted.
"Is this a dream?" Eric asked. "Also.. HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?!"

Tentomon thought for a moment. " Dude, calm down.... This is not a dream. And we've both been chosen to save this Digital World I call home." Tentomon remarked

Eric then said "Sorry, uh... Tentomon...."

"Don't worry about it." the red insectoid said.

Suddenly, a large, green, reptilian-looking flightless bird Digimon darted past the tree Eric and Tentomon were in. This forest was pretty big.
Eric tried to scream but Tentomon slapped him.

"What was that for, Tentomon?" Eric whispered.

"Diatrymon is rampaging. The reason you're up in this tree, is because I brought you up here! Keep quiet so it can't find us." Tentomon explained

Diatrymon seemed to go off in another direction. That was close!

Deck Gryphon sat at their laptop, slowly filing through their emails as they tried to find the email that described their latest class assignment, when they glimpsed an odd subject line with an even stranger sender attached.

AncientKazemon - You are stronger than you know

"Oh, that's some spam if ever I saw it." They said to themselves. "Might as well read it, I could do with a laugh." They clicked on the email, to be greeted with an image of what appeared to be a human woman in white armour, with long, flowing rainbow-coloured hair. Before Deck could even think about what they were looking at, the monitor began to flash a rainbow of colours, as Deck felt themselves slowly slipping into unconsciousness.

***​

As Deck slowly returned to the waking world, they became aware of a voice, as well as the fact that they were being shaken. "Hey... Come on." The voice said, cutting its way through their daze. Deck groaned.

"Deck, if you don't get up right now I swear I'm gonna punch you in the nose."

"Mrgmrgmrgmmm..." Deck mumbled as they slowly pulled themselves out of the last dredges of unconsciousness, for the first time noticing the dirt beneath them. "Wha? Where am I?" They asked, lifting their head to look around.

"Oh, that's easy!" said the voice he'd heard before, as a blue, canine face shoved its way into their vision, revealing itself to be the owner of the voice. "You're face-down in a ditch." Deck simply stared at the creature now kneeling before them, looking for all intents and purposes very much like a blue akita dog on two legs, with boxing gloves and a headband.

"You are a talking dog." Deck said with an even voice.

"Hey!" The dog squeaked, puffing its fur out indignantly. "I have a name, you know!"

"Oh, uhh, sorry." Deck managed, still very confused by the entire mess they'd found themself in. "What is it?"

"I'm Gaomon!" The dog said, grinning and pointing a thumb at itself. "And I'm your partner!"

"Uh-huh." Deck said, rubbing the back of their neck sheepishly. "Should we, uh, try to get out of here? Feels like it's not the best place to be." They looked around at the slopes on all sides (Gaomon had indeed been accurate when they'd said they were in a ditch), trying to find the easiest one to climb up and out over.

"Yeah, sounds like a good idea." Gaomon said. "There should be others around, too. Maybe we can find some of them."

"Others?" Deck thought as they helped the much smaller Gaomon out of the ditch, wondering just what kind of mess they'd wound up in.

One headache, forty headaches, six hundred headaches, how many had she had in her lifetime?

It didn't really make much of a difference, she supposed. As long as this headache wasn't one of those migraines that made her bedridden for hours. And most definitely, it hadn't gotten to that point yet. Her eyes would peer placidly at the computer screen, rubbing a finger upon an overstressed brow, before removing her spectacles to clean them. No thoughts would come to her now, only those of the usual drudgery of existence. She had been creatively spent, and could no longer continue to weave her story upon the word processor.

BEEEEP BEEEEP BEEEEP!

The loud alert startled her so fiercely that she had inadvertently fumbled upon her keyboard, pressing the "confirm" button to a request to webcam chat on her previously dormant instant messaging program. She hurriedly put her glasses back on, only to be blinded by a brilliant light. A booming voice echoed deep seemingly beyond her ear buds, reverberating directly into her skull.

"You who is in darkness... touch the light... escape... as you wish..."

She did not respond, coaxing her watering eyes to vision. Her entire screen was taken up by the bright light, with only a shadowy, mysterious visage in its direct center. Try as she might to find the cursor to close out whatever virus her machine may have contracted, she could not.

"Do not fear. We will work together to escape these dark times... the Ancient Warriors... and the Chosen Ones. Come..."

"Annoying ads... Must they always be so vague? I haven't any interest in your stupid game." She sighed dully. Her headache only grew more taxing.

"Touch the light..."

"Get to the point, ad. I want to be done with this nuisance already."

"Reach your hand towards my light... and all will become clear..."

On the screen, the shadowy being transformed into a glowing circle... a circle resembling a button. Though her computer had no touch screen capabilities, she instinctively felt the need to reach out and press it.

And then, her entire world was washed away into the endless brilliance.

_____​

Something was poking her.

Repeatedly, she felt it bump against her forehead, in a playful rhythm. Her eyes gradually flitted awake and met straight with a pair of two sizable golden ones. She shrieked and jumped backwards, hearing a similar, feminine shriek mirror her own. The young woman rose in a panic to her feet, looking around frantically, only to find a peculiar... furry serpent (?) on the forest floor.

Wait a second... forest floor? Her eyes drank in the greenery and trees of this picturesque clearing.

This was definitely not where she had been a moment ago. Was that a moment ago? Had she fallen asleep? How long had she been asleep? Was this a dream?

The serpent eagerly floated into view, wriggling its body to and fro in excitement. She analyzed its features silently - mammalian, ivory, furry, adorned with jewelry of some sort around its neck. Someone's pet? Why, she had never seen something so uniquely cute and majestic before. She reached out her hand carefully, and the creature immediately responded by nuzzling into it.

"Yes, it is you! You, mistress!" The voice startled her into pulling her hand back.

"H-hello...?"

"Hello! It's nice to finally meet you, mistress. Kudamon, I am at your service."
There was no mistake - the creature was speaking. She had seen its mouth move on two separate occasions now.

"Kudamon...?" The young woman went silent for a moment, adjusting her glasses. Kudamon immediately plopped herself unto her shoulder.

"Yes, that is me. We're partners now, for time immemorial," Upon seeing her new human companion freeze in silence yet again, the Digimon would add: "Do not overthink it. Only do in the moment. I will help you."

The girl shook her head vaguely in response, her mind still trying to process everything around her. Mental gears churned rapidly against the molasses that encapsulated her thoughts constantly, struggling, resisting. Panic and excitement were in equal measure. Was this place dangerous? Could she trust this "Kudamon...?" But also, more importantly...

"This is the Digital World...? And you are... a Digimon?"

Her new companion nodded.

"No more questions! It's time to go find them." Kudamon slithered impetuously off of her, now wrapping her tail around the young woman's wrist and dragging her off in another direction. She followed passively, allowing her body to move as her mind only buzzed more loudly with the possibilities.

Last edited:
Furious typing filled the silence in the air as Xiaolong Yang sat at a computer desk in the darkened IT room at his university. "Phsaw, what weak security. But don't blame me, it's what you get for kicking me out over a minor deal." The sun had already set and Xiaolong had to periodically check that campus security had yet to sweep this wing of the university. "Okay I'm finally in. Now let's see, what dirty laundry can I find…Hmm? What's this?" Buried deep within the server was a name Xiaolong recognised - "Paomon Research Project? That V-Pet raising Sim that was all the rage a while back?" But as he tried to access it the screen suddenly started to glitch up and the letters swirled around until they formed a message:

YOUNG MAN. DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO FACE THE DARKNESS THAT LIES WITHIN?
Y/N?

Xiaolong just started at the screened dumbfounded for several moments before clicking his tongue. "What is that, some kind of challenge? Don't underestimate me!" With that he slammed his fist onto the mouse to accept the message. All of a sudden the screen started flashing and the light poured forth, enveloping the room and then the world went dark.

*****​

As Xiaolong's consciousness slowly returned, he rolled off his back to try and compose himself, only to be surprised when he felt sand beneath his hands. Once his vision had fully returned he stood up, dusted himself off and looked around to find himself on a beach of sorts. Nearby a phone booth stood alone, abandoned amongst the sand. Xiaolong entered the booth and picked up the receiver, to his surprise the dialling tone came on and so he punched in all the numbers he was familiar with but to no avail as each time he got an automated response saying the target could not be reached. Next he tried flipping through the phonebook but that was also futile as all the writing was in some unknown language which looked like a bunch of scribbles. Frustrated, Xiaolong kicked open the door and exited the booth. "I guess I'm not in Shanghai anymore huh?"

"Yup! You're in the Digital World!" A small voice said behind Xiaolong who spun around to see a small mammal sat beside the booth.

"You...I know you, you're that V-Pet Paomon - no wait, you're one of the other forms uh...?"

"That's right!" The little puppy like creature squeaked. "I'm Xiaomon, kinda like your name Boss!"

"Great" Xiaolong snarked as he picked up the creature and examined it. "No doubt about it, you're definitely real." The puppy licked his face in response, causing him to wince. "I remember having my own Paomon V-Pet toy. Didn't manage to Evolve it and threw it into the trash after a week." Hearing this the puppy looked as though it was about to cry so Xiaolong hastily changed the subject. "Say, don't you have a final form? A labrador or something?"

"Uwu~ that's a sore subject Boss." Xiaomon jumped back down to the ground and addressed his new partner. "I'll explain along the way. But first we should get somewhere safe before the sun sets. C'mon Boss!"

Xiaolong cracked his neck and sighed. "Fine, I'll go along with whatever little game this is...for now anyways." With that, he ran after the little creature into the distance.

Eric began to remember a strange email from someone named AncientBeetlemon.
"Are you ready to electrifyingly change the world for the better? Y/N"

"Hey, uh... Tentomon?" Eric asked. "You wouldn't happen to know someone named..... AncientBeetlemon?"
Tentomon nodded. "Yes, he's the Digimon who chose us to be partners. There are other Ancient Digimon who selected humans and Digimon to help save both of our worlds!"

Eric looked around to see if there were any other humans around. Diatrymon was running towards some kid with a blue boxing dog Digimon.
Tentomon flew after the terror bird looking Digimon, and Eric jumped down from the tree.

Eric followed Tentomon, who shouted "Super Shocker!" While firing electricity from his body towards Diatrymon. It didn't do a lot of damage, but Diatrymon was getting even angrier, and turned it's attention towards Tentomon.

The giant bird ran towards Eric, who picked up a small rock and hurled it towards a weird building that kind of looked like an outhouse. Diatrymon ran towards it. Luckily, the structure had no signs of any life inside it, but it was completely demolished.

It didn't smell foul at all, however, the aroma smelled like freshly ground coffee. Tentomon carried Eric away before he could get himself hurt.

"I was trying to help!" Eric shouted.

"I have a feeling that they can handle this. Trust me!" Tentomon replied. "I have a feeling that Gaomon there might digivolve soon!"

"Digivolve?!" Eric asked. "I don't know what that means. Is that like evolving? Evolution doesn't happen overnight, Tentomon!"

Tentomon landed with Eric on a nearby boulder.

"Digivolution is a temporary transformation us Digimon can have to become stronger in a fight. And that Gaomon and I are both Rookie level Digimon. Diatrymon is a Champion, which is the next stage up!" Tentomon explained. "Digivolution goes from Fresh to In Training, to Rookie, to Champion to Ultimate, and finally Mega!"

Eric nodded in understanding.

So there he was. One minute, Zip had been playing a refreshing session of Nobunaga's Ambition: Taishi on his home desktop, and the next, he was waking up sprawled out in a forest somewhere. Had he somehow gotten drunk without realizing it? Not likely; he'd know if something in his food tasted like sake smelled. Forcing himself to his feet, he looked around for anything that could clue him into where he was.

He heard something rustling in the bushes behind him. Whirling around, he put up his fists like a character from Street Fighter, cautiously taking a couple of steps backward. When nothing emerged, he relaxed somewhat, lowering his hands. Seriously, where in the world am I?

"Hyaa!"

Something slammed into his back, knocking him back to the ground. It felt like someone had thrown a large rock at him. Painfully, he struggled to roll over to see who or what had attacked.

"Had enough yet? Huh? Huh?"

Zip blinked. He couldn't have been seeing what he thought he was seeing. Standing before him appeared to be a tiny, orange Allosaurus about half his height, bouncing from foot to foot with its claws raised up like a boxer. And it had spoken to him.

"Come on, get up! Put 'em up! If we're gonna be working together, I have to know that you're strong!"

The dinosaur was still talking. It was verbally articulating its thoughts. This was too much for Zip to process. There was only one thing he could possibly think to do in this situation.

Panic.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

Some minutes prior to Eric and Tentomon's moment, Deck and Gaomon were wandering the forest.

"So, what exactly is it that we're looking for?" Deck asked after they'd been walking in silence for a little. "Who are these 'others'?"

"Well, I guess the easiest thing to look for is humans, like you. We don't really see a lot of those around here, so if we find any, odds are they're more of us."

"What do you mean by 'us'?" Deck asked, cocking their head to the side a little.

"Y'know, more chosen ones. Didn't you get the explanation?"

"No. Is there something I should know?" Deck asked, becoming somewhat worried.

"Ok ok, lemme start from the beginning." Gaomon said, waving their hands in a placating gesture. "Y'see, there's these big, really important Digimon, things like me, except usually not like me, anyway, they figured out that... Something, really bad is going to start happening some time soon, real end of the world stuff, and so they chose me, and you, and, uhh, some others? I dunno, there's ten of them so maybe there's ten of us? Anyway, we all together are gonna do something to save the world. I think your world was in danger too, somehow?" They explained, tilting their head as they finished, trying to recall any additional points. Deck chuckled a little.

"Seems like you're not totally certain about the details, either." They said.

"I may have zoned out a little during the explanation." Gaomon shrugged, "AncientKazemon really likes her big speeches and they just drag on and on and, wait... Can you hear that?" They cut themself off as they stopped in their tracks, suddenly becoming entirely silent as their ears swiveled on top of their head.

"Huh? No I can't-"

"Shush." Gaomon said as they turned to their left, having pinpointed the source of the sound. "There." Sure enough, as Deck cupped their hand around their ear in the direction indicated, they could hear the sound Gaomon was referring to. A rapid clicking, steadily growing louder as it approached. Deck tried to say something, but found themselves paralysed by a deep seated fear, as though, on some instinctual level, they could tell that this could very well be one of the last sounds they'd ever hear. After what felt like hours, but was in fact mere seconds, a jagged beak came into view from behind the shrubs, followed by the rest of Diatrymon's figure. The massive bird simply stared at them for a few moments, as though sizing them up. Deck atampted to make a slow step away, but their foot caught unexpectedly on a rock, causing them to fall backwards with a yelp. This seemed to trigger something within Diatrymon, as it screeched and charged. Deck scrambled along the ground to avoid the charge, narrowly avoiding being trampled by the blades that made up its talons. It was fast, but fortunately appeared poor at changing directions, as it skidded to a halt after missing, needing to turn around from almost a full stop before it could charge again.

"Leave this to me!" Gaomon shouted from Deck's side as they began to dash towards Diatrymon, before being unceremoniously lifted off of the ground by Deck.

"Are you insane!?" They cried. "That thing looks like it's half made of knives!"

"I can take 'em!" Gaomon shouted, flailing their limbs around in an attempt to gain traction. "It'll be easy!" Deck dove to the side as Diatrymon made another rush. The moment the bird-like Digimon had passed, Deck sprinted off into the trees, dragging Gaomon along by the glove.

"We are not fighting that thing!" They screamed. Diatrymon sped after them, tearing through foliage as it went. As they heard it almost reach them, Deck suddenly veered to the right, casing Diatrymon to rush straight past them. And so it continued for a few more passes, barely evading as it got close. Deck knew that something had to change quickly though, they weren't exactly fit, and adrenaline could only carry them for so long, while this thing seemed to have boundless energy. Just as they could feel themself wearing thin however, a voice rang through the trees.

"Super Shocker!" Deck wasn't really sure what happened after that, only that there was a bright flash of what looked to be lightning, followed by the strangest scent of coffee. As they looked around to see what had happened, they noticed a red insect carrying a human away from the scene, and briefly wondered what all that was about. Unfortunately, that was the moment of distraction needed for Diatrymon to lock its sights back on them and charge unnoticed. It slammed into Deck, knocking them to the ground and sending Gaomon flying. Before they even knew what was happening, Diatrymon had brought its foot down hard on their chest, their head wedged between two of its bladed talons as it stared down at them, a bestial glee in its eye.

"Double Backhand!" A small blue and red tornado shot through the air to slam into Diatrymon's face, smacking it multiple times. As the attack ended and the tornado unfurled, revealing itself as Gaomon, Diatrymon simply smacked its wing into them, sending them flying into a nearby vending machine, cans of drink spilling out around them. Gaomon watched in terror as Diatrymon turned back to their partner and opened its beak, lowering its head towards Deck's face. "NO!" Gaomon cried as they picked themself up off of the ground and dashed towards the pair.

From Deck's perspective, a multitude of things then proceeded to happen almost at once. First, an incredibly bright light shone from an area that was slightly unclear from their viewpoint, but seemed to be somewhere below their torso. In the midst of this light, Gaomon's voice cried out. "Gaomon Digivolve to!" A deeper, more bestial voice followed the cry. "Gaogamon!" At which point a blue dog the size of a bear crashed into Diatrymon, sending it flying some distance away. Deck rolled onto their hands and knees to see the massive bear-dog standing protectively over them as Diatrymon clambered back to its feet. Gaogamon grinned as they stared down Diatrymon. Things were about to get fun.

Last edited:
"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"
Like a shattering vase, the scream pierced through the peace of the forest.

Abruptly, her mind stopped, heart pounding at maximum velocity. Yet her companion, as ever, seemed unphased.

"There's one!" An enraptured Kudamon said in glee. This was the point when the young woman would start to resist her furry grip, and the two of them came to a halt. Immediately, Kudamon rounded on her.

"Tsk, tsk. You're overthinking it again."

"I am not!"
Responded the girl indignantly. Finally, she would give voice to some of her pressing thoughts.

"Perhaps for you Digimon, it's easy to suppress fear, but not for me! Do you know how dangerous it could be? What if whoever screamed was heavily injured, or killed?!" Her voice was rising loudly, face reddening in irritation.

"I understand. But you must understand too - this is the way to go. If any danger happens, it is my sworn duty to protect you." Without waiting for a response, the Digimon pulled her with what felt like superhuman strength. Resisting with her weak, poorly trained arms was too difficult, and she would sigh the same dull sigh she had back in her room. Unfortunately, this was only the beginning. For the relative peace would not last long. Angered screeches, lights flashing from some distance, more shouts from a different voice. What in God's name was happening?

@Glitchipedia

Such was her distraction that she did not notice herself flung before another person's feet. Hastily, she dusted herself off, face flushed with embarrassment. Kudamon was already spiraling around this green-haired teen, her usual enthusiasm undisrupted.

"I.... ah. My apologies for that," The young woman chuckled nervously, before attempting to compose herself. Unfortunately, no further words came when her gaze had settled upon the... miniature dinosaur (?) nearby. She stood there in sudden silence, processing these events further.

Last edited:
He couldn't move. He couldn't do anything. He could only gawk at the impossible sight before him. A sight that was growing more impatient by the second.

"Come on, get up and fight me!" the little dinosaur demanded. "Show me what you've got!"

Refusing to believe what he was seeing, Zip tightly shut his eyes.

"O-Ochitsuite, Shin'ichirō,
C-Calm down, Shinichiro.
" he muttered to himself. "K-Kore wa... akiraka ni yumeda. Neitta ni chigainai.
Th-This is... obviously a dream. You must have fallen asleep.
"

"What's that you're—?"

The sound of footsteps drew the little monster's attention, followed by an undignified thud as someone fell at Zip's feet. When he opened his eyes, they were greeted by a most welcome sight—a fellow human being. A foreigner, by the looks of her, which she confirmed by apologizing in English after getting to her feet and dusting herself off, but a human being nonetheless.

"U-Uh... I-It's okay," he managed to reply, in a perfect American accent. "L-Listen, I need some help—KYAA!"

He scrambled to his feet as another little monster appeared, vaguely serpentine in shape but mammalian in features.

"Motto aru?!
There are more?!
" he yelled, awkwardly shifting from foot to foot to try and keep the new creature from touching him.

"Perfect!" the little dinosaur exclaimed. "I've been hoping for a good free-for-all!"

"Nani ga okotte iru?!
What is going on?!
"

The light of Digivolution that surrounded Gaomon could be seen for hundreds of meters.

"So that's what Digivolution looks like, eh Tiny?" Xiaolong said as he shielded his eyes from the light with his hand. Having heard the screams, both he and his partner had taken cover underneath some nearby bushes as they covertly surveyed the action.

"Ayup. From Rookie to Champion no less, I'm so jealous...wait, who're you calling 'Tiny'!?" Squeaked the diminutive Xiaomon crounched down next to Xiaolong.

"That'd be you pipsqueak. Your real name's a pain since too similar to mine, so hurry up and Digivolve to Rookie already."

"Uwu, that's a low blow Boss." Tiny mumbled but Xiaolong had already turned his attention back to the fight so Tiny instead changed the subject. "Should we go and help them out though?"

Xiaolong cracked his neck as he considered their options. "No. At this rate we'd be unnecessarily exposing ourselves to danger without being able to do much to help. That Gao-whatever-mon looks like it can handle itself so let's discreetly move to a better spot, and if we have to reveal ourselves only if absolutely necessary."

With that the pair quietly retreated back into the foliage and disappeared...

Eric and Tentomon witnessed Gaogamon from a safe distance.
"That, Eric... is Digivolution." Tentomon mentioned
"So I wonder what you will become if you Digivolve, Tentomon." Eric replied "I'm guessing a giant scorpion, smarter than an entire troop of baboons, bigger than any elephant, taller than a giraffe, more vicious than a honey badger. Oh, with powerful jaws like a crocodile! And faster than a cheetah! That breathes toxic lightning bolts! And has big horns like a rhinoceros! Oh, and that can soar like an eagle! And kick like an ostrich"

Tentomon looked at Eric.
"I don't know. But when it happens for the first time, we'll find out... Together!" The bug replied. "Also, I don't know what any of those things are. Can you tell me? Are those all... life forms from your world?"

Eric nodded. "Yes, Earth has a lot of great animals. And all those I named can be found where I live, in South Africa. This is my first time away from there. To think... I spent all my life in one country, and the first time I ever leftit, it's literally for another world. I am worried about my friends and family, though. I was with my mother, on our way to stop some poachers."

"Poachers? Those sound terrifying! What's a poacher?" Tentomon asked

"They kill animals illegally for profit. They are among the worst people on Earth." Eric explained. "Now let's watch this fight. And root for Gaogamon!"

@Glitchipedia

It only startled her further when the boy had started screaming in a different language, as she tried to wave her arms in an attempt to calm the chaos.

"It's fine, it's fine!" She shouted over him, her arm waving becoming more frantic as she tried to breathe. "She won't hurt you...!"

"So silly, so silly~"
Kudamon seemed to sing out, smiling, and continuing to circle the boy teasingly. She ignored the small dinosaur's words, speaking over him. "Humans are silly, aren't they?"

"Will you stop that?!"
The young woman placed her hands on her hips, looking sternly to her wayward Digimon. Kudamon serenely floated over to her, thankfully leaving the boy alone.

"Goodness me... I never thought Digimon would be such troublesome creatures," She groaned, wiping a bead of sweat that had formed on her forehead. There was that headache again.

"Now that that's over... let us focus upon a more pressing matter. I assume that you are in a similar situation, yes? No idea how you got here or what is going on? And... I also assume that one is yours," The girl pointed towards the yellowy reptile, mentally noting that he also seemed just as excitable as Kudamon and just as unlikely to give good answers to her questions either.

Gaogamon and Diatrymon stared each other down for another few moments before Diatrymon screeched and charged. Gaogamon rushed forward to meet it, slamming into it with the side of their body. Diatrymon stumbled from the unexpected direct collision and fell sideways. Seizing their chance, Gaogamon leapt onto Diatrymon's prone form and rolled onto their back, holding it in the air with their fore paws and raking their hind claws along its chest.

As Deck watched from their position on the ground, something twinged within them. They had no idea why they felt such a profound connection to this creature they'd met ten minutes ago at most, but for some reason the thought of Gaogamon in this life-or-death struggle, fighting simply to save Deck's life, terrified them in a way that they didn't fully comprehend.

Diatrymon flailed atop Gaogamon, flinging its wings and talons in all directions. By chance, the blade on one of Diatrymon's wings slashed across Gaogamon's cheek, causing them to wince in pain. Taking the moment, Diatrymon increased the fierceness of its squirming, breaking out of Gaogamon's hold and running a short distance away, being sure to rake its claws across Gaogamon's stomach on the way off. Gaogamon pulled up onto their feet as Diatrymon skidded to a stop before putting all of its force into its next charge, wing blades pointed forward and jagged beak open wide, screeching at the top of its lungs as it did so. Rather than making another charge of its own however, Gaogamon took a wide stance and chuffed, tiny whirlwinds escaping the sides of their mouth. "Spiral Blow!" Gaogamon opened their mouth wide, releasing a massive cyclone centered on their gaping maw. Diatrymon squawked as it was caught in the attack, being lifted up off the ground by the force of the winds. With more effort, Gaogamon increased the force of the gale, sending Diatrymon flying skyward. Diatrymon flailed in the air as it began to fall back down, its near featherless wings making even a glide impossible. Gaogamon charged forward, leaping into the air as the claws poking out of their boxing gloves glowed bright blue. "Dash Claw!" Bringing their claws down in an X-shape, Gaogamon slashed Diatrymon across the chest, the bird-like Digimon screaming as they did so. Gaogamon landed gracefully in front of Deck as Diatrymon crashed to the ground. Gaogamon looked over their shoulder and saw Diatrymon's form glitching ever so slightly as it lay motionless on the floor. Content that Diatrymon wasn't going to be getting up anytime soon, Gaogamon turned back to Deck and smirked. "See? Told you it'd be easy." Gaogamon then glowed blue and shrank back down to Gaomon, who placed their head in their hand and stumbled for a moment, exhausted. Tears burst from Deck's eyes as they wrapped Gaomon in a tight hug. Gaomon's eyes widened as they recoiled briefly, before softening and returning the embrace. "Hey, I'm glad you're ok too, buddy."

Eric and Tentomon watched the fight, and were glad Diatrymon was defeated so easily.

"That was intense!" Eric remarked

They both jumped down from the boulder they were on, and walked slowly towards Deck.

Suddenly, a humanoid lion Digimon, Leomon, leapt out from a nearby shrub, and landed in front of Eric and Tentomon.

"Relax, Eric... Leomon is a good Digimon. He's just never seen a human before." Tentomon told Eric, who was a bit confused and startled.

"That is correct. I never thought I'd live to see the day the prophecy would become reality." Leomon explained, having a mild London accent. "And I see Diatrymon has been defeated. I'm glad somebody finally put an end to its rampage."

"Wait.... What prophecy?" Eric asked. "Never mind. I think I kinda know what it is. This world is in danger?"

Leomon nodded. "The Prophecy of the Warrior Ten each choosing a human and Digimon to help save both your world, and ours, my human friend." He began to explain.

"Well I know there's definitely at least one other human here." Eric remarked.

"There are definitely more that you don't know about.... Yet...." Leomon replied. "Go find whoever it was who stopped Diatrymon first. SOrry to interrupt you."

Eric and Tentomon waved goodbye to Leomon.
"Apology accepted." Tentomon said, before he and his human partner began cautiously walking towards Gaomon and Deck.

After a few moments, Deck released the embrace and began to fidget.

"Sorry." They said sheepishly. "That was probably really sudden."

"No, it's ok." Gaomon said. "I was just kinda surprised, is all." They then noticed movement from behind Deck, and moved to stand in front of them, making very certain to keep a hand placed on Deck's waist, trying their hardest to hide their light-headedness. As they got a good look at the pair of Eric and Tentomon approaching though, they visibly relaxed. "Hey, look! A human!"

"You said that'd be good, right?" Deck asked. Gaomon nodded.

"Hey!" They called, waving down the pair. "You're more chosen ones, right? More save the world people?"

Saturday morning, before heading for his training, Spy played video games. Then he heads off for his school basketball court and like always he brought his phone. On his way home, he played video games on his phone, when he remarked an unusual button. So he touched the button then suddenly a portal opened in front and because of his curiosity, he entered it. After entering the portal, he felt light-headed. Then he heard a voice calling him
- Iara , Iara, you have been chosen.
- Chosen for what? He asked, where am I? Who is that?
- I am AncientMermaimon. You're at...
All of sudden, it all stopped. Then a voice wakes him up, "Hey you why are you just laying there?"
- Who are you? Ahhhh. A talking sea lion, am I dreaming?
- No you're not, said Gomamon as he scratches Spy whit his sharp claw. See you are not dreaming. Now get up.
- So who are you? And where am I?
- I am Gomamon, a digimon, but you can call me Leo. You are in the Digimon World specifically at the sea.

@Arylett Charnoa

Zip took several deep breaths to calm himself, finally planting both his feet on the forest floor. He then quickly dismissed the notion that this was a dream—if it were, his back wouldn't still be killing him from what he assumed was the little dinosaur headbutting him earlier. Besides, he couldn't remember the last time he had a dream in English.

"Don't look at me, I don't know whose it is," he said, a little irritably. "I don't even know what it is. At least tell me this much, am I still anywhere near Yotsuya?"

"If I say yes, will you finally fight me?" the little dinosaur huffed. "And by the way, 'its' name is Agumon."

He blinked.

" 'Agumon'?" he repeated, incredulous. "As in aguagu monsutā
sound of biting + monster
? How... appropriate."

"Darn straight!" it said, obviously not getting it. "Among all Digimon, everyone knows the name Agumon!"

There was that word again. Digimon.

"Alright, hold on," Zip interjected. "Just what the heck is a 'Digimon'?"

He glanced between Agumon, the human girl, and the other creature, hoping one of them would have an answer.

@Glitchipedia

She tilted her head curiously. Yotsuya? That sounded like an area from a far off country, perhaps Japan...

"It would seem that this Digital World connects to any region of the real world... so long as there is a computer, perhaps? Probably a mobile device too? Hmm..." She would start uttering to herself, scratching her chin as she got lost in her contemplations once more. His question halted her thoughts.

"I can't say I know the exact details of everything, I'm afraid. What I know is based on the scattered rumors of message boards. Digimon stands for "digital monster," and they are said to be unique entities who live in a Digital World... a world made from the data and networks of our computers. A world where... anything is possible," The young woman hesitated oddly, a small grin flickering onto her features for but a moment before it dissipated into a neutral expression.

"I have been searching for a way to get into the Digital World for some time... so perhaps I finally... somehow figured out a way in? That is not to say that... well, I am not certain as to why you're here as well," She scratched the back of her head in bemusement.

"You are the Chosen Ones," Kudamon suddenly chimed in a calm, vague whisper.

"Of what, exactly? Were we chosen by this world to battle an epic force of sorts?"

"The Ancient Warriors summoned you here, to be our partners. With you, we can be strong enough to save the world."

"Us? What makes us so special?"

Kudamon did not respond, her ears perking up as she rapidly shot into the bushes, following the sounds of conversation in the distance.

"Hey, wait! Where... where are you going?!" The girl was about to give chase, but then stopped in her tracks and looked back at her new human companion. "I... I'm going after her. She has more answers, I just know it." She motioned for him to follow, before rushing off into the bushes as well.

Eric noticed Deck waving, and waved back.

"Yeah. I'm Eric, and this is Tentomon." Eric introduced himself and his Digimon. "And you guys are.....?"

Eric was glad he wasn't the only human around.

Eric's stomach began to rumble slightly.

"Oh boy... I think we're being watched... Oh wait, Never mind. I think it was Eric." Tentomon said

"Yeah, it was me. I haven't eaten since last night. I could go for some breakfast right about now." Eric remarked.

"I'm Gaomon!" The Digimon in question piped up. Deck was silent for a moment, before receiving an elbow to the waist from Gaomon.

"Yeah, hi, I'm Deck." They said, not really making eye contact with either of the new arrivals. Gaomon shrugged at this as Eric commented on his current state of hunger.

"Well, if it's food you want, then I know a great place not too far from here. I'll even show you where it is, since you seem cool enough." Gaomon said, giving a thumbs-up and a wink.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom