• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RP Everyone Digital Odyssey (IC thread)

@Arylett Charnoa

His mind hesitated to follow the girl, but his body took off without him. After all, he wasn't going to get anywhere by standing around here.

"Hey!" yelled Agumon as he came charging after Zip. "Where are you going?! Come back here and fight me!"

But he didn't even hear the little orange reptile. His brain was going a mile a minute trying to process the information that he'd been given.

"So, let me get this straight," he said to the girl. "We've been transported into some kind of a... a virtual environment? Like a video game? And we're supposed to partner up with these 'Digimon' things to fight some malevolent force that's threatening it?"

As he verbalized all of this out loud, his fear and shock gradually gave way to excitement. He was inside a video game. This couldn't have been more perfect—at last, a chance to really put his skill set to the test.

"Awesome! Moete kita zo!
That's got me motivated!
"

@Glitchipedia

"That's... what I understand of all this," She responded to the boy, ducking to avoid a tree branch. Kudamon only sped up more, her small unathletic legs struggling to keep up with the Digimon.

"But a video game may not be an apt comparison... for we have no knowledge how events in here will affect our bodies. Can we actually get hurt or die?" The young woman paused cautiously. "Did I... really think this through?" She uttered more to herself than to him., hearing a small giggle from her Digimon.

"This is no laughing matter! Especially since your kind insists on being so vague..." The small weasel would ignore her, still slithering effortlessly through the brush. Did her supposed partner have to be so... mocking? They could've assigned a more agreeable sort, these Ancient Warriors. But it seemed they operated on that same otherworldly logic that powerful beings often did in works of fiction.

@Arylett Charnoa

"Hey, come on, lighten up!" Zip insisted, his normal enthusiastic demeanor finally returning to him. "I bet it's like a monster-training RPG. We'll be fine as long as we let the Digimon do the actual fighting; all we gotta do is help them level up and find a good strategy that works for them—whoops!"

He nearly tripped over a root, but managed to catch himself.

"Agumon, you want to fight, right?" he continued. "I'm gonna need all your vital statistics so I know how to play to your strengths."

"My... what?" Agumon replied, lagging behind a good few feet.

"Come on, just tell me how to pull up your status screen!"

"What's a status screen? Can I fight it?"

"Ugh, this game's interface is a disaster. Never mind, I'll just improvise. Man, is Koharu gonna be jealous or what!"

He sprinted a bit to try and get alongside the girl.

"Hey, by the way, I didn't get your name," he pointed out, starting to pant a little. "If we're gonna be working together, we should be properly acquainted."

He didn't immediately offer her his own name, instead waiting to be asked for it.

@Glitchipedia

"That kind of thinking will only get you killed boy." A mysterious voice echoed from behind Zip. The group turned around to see a young man appear from between the trees, a labrador looking creature close behind him. "I'd rather we skip the introductions so let me get to the point with this..."

He raised his left hand to the group which had been hastily bandaged with a ripped off piece of his undershirt - the bandage was tinted red with the stain of dried blood. "While off training to catch up to the Rookie Level, I had an idea to try slashing my hand open with a rock to see what happens. My old man had a saying when it comes to fighting beasts of the sea - 'if it bleeds you can still kill it' - Digital World or not what do you think happens if you 'Game Over' here huh?" Having finished his demonstration, Xiaolong turned away and leaned against a nearby tree, absentmindedly putting his headphones back on.

"Uhh...What the Boss was trying to say is that you humans likely don't reincarnate like we Digimon do so if you get killed it's probably for real so you need to be extra careful." The dog creature that had remained silent until now finally stepped forward and spoke, "I'm Labramon by the way and the grouchy Boss over there is my partner Xiaolong. It's so wonderful to meet you all." Labramon bowed his head to the group once he had finished talking.

@Glitchipedia @Timaeus

She crossed her arms, shaking her head slightly in reaction to the boy's words. It truly did seem like he had no idea what situation they could've gotten themselves into. Honestly, she didn't have it in her to try to talk sense into him. It would be something he'd have to realize on his own.

As she was about to offer her name, Kudamon turned back around, coiling around her neck. Moments later, another person had appeared.

"Found them!" Kudamon proclaimed happily in response to the newcomer's berating of the boy.

This one's behavior seeming to veer in the opposite direction of her new companion, acting more negative and cautious about their situation. The young woman scrunched her nose unpleasantly at his bandaged wound. A bit on the nose, though it got the point across. Why hadn't she thought of that?

His appearance, as with most people, didn't capture her interest. She was far more fixated on his canine Digimon, his... soft looking cream fur, and pleasantly cute shades of pink. Without thinking, she would outstretch a hand and make to place it upon the creature's head, noting his little head fluff.

"Hmm, yes... it's quite all right, Mr. Labramon..." She responded to the Digimon vaguely, the meaning of his words slipping away. Such a polite boy! How envious she felt that this couldn't be her Digimon. Kudamon scoffed somewhat, squeezing the nape of her neck slightly. This jolted her back to reality, delayed thoughts suddenly entering her mind all at once.

"Ah! Right, my name... I never told you, did I? I am Audrey," Audrey addressed both of them awkwardly, in spite of believing that "Boss" over there may not have heard her over his headphones. "You could tell me your names if you'd like. It would probably make things easier. Though it would be more pertinent to find a safe haven."

@Lone_Garurumon sorry I took so long to reply to this!

Eric and Tentomon agreed to follow Gaomon.
"Alright, lead the way, Gaomon!" Eric said.

Tentomon then sensed something was following them.
Apemon jumped from a nearby tree in a rage.

"Don't mind us. Just passing through." Tentomon told the simian.

Apemon grabbed Eric and bolted.

Eric was caught off guard. However, Tentomon became surrounded by the light of digivolution.

"Tentomon, Digivolve to...."
Tentomon became an extremely large blue rhinoceros beetle with lots of sharp teeth.
"Kabuterimon!"

Kabuterimon flew after Apemon. Eric was still confused, yet terrified.
"I'm coming, Eric! Don't move!" Kabuterimon shouted

Apemon put Eric into a hollow stump and attacked Kabuterimon with a giant femur bone.

"Electro Shocker!" Kabuterimon shouted while blasting a ball of lightning at his adversary, stunning it long enough to ram into it with his massivehorn for the victory.

Eric climbed out of the stump and onto Kabuterimon, who flew back to where Deck and Gaomon were.

"I did not see that coming." Eric remarked, wiping the sweat off his brow.
Kabuterimon placed Eric down and reverted back to Tentomon. "That was intense to say the least!"

@Arylett Charnoa @Timaeus

Zip halted in his tracks at the appearance of the newcomer, nearly causing Agumon to crash into him. Though he was briefly unsettled by the boy's injury, his impatience grew evident the longer he had to listen. Even Labramon's more relaxed demeanor did little to ease the tension.

"I already figured that out," Zip said flatly. "The human body is too complex for even the most advanced program to reconfigure for a different rule set—the attempt by itself would probably be lethal. Ergo, we don't do any actual fighting ourselves. We're the brains, the Digimon are the brawn. The most physical thing we have to do is maybe dodge a lot."

He had clearly considered the scenario of physically entering a video game before, if only as an impossible fantasy.

In any case, introductions were now in order. Zip's body stiffened when Labramon identified his human partner as "Xiaolong"—while he hesitated to base his opinion of the boy solely on his nationality, he nevertheless carried the generally unfavorable view of China that was common among Japanese people. Still, he supposed this was hardly the time to think about that. He relaxed slightly as Audrey introduced herself, finding her to be more pleasant overall.

"I'm Takahashi," he said with a polite bow. "Shinichiro Takahashi. If that's too hard, you can just call me Zip."

"And I'm Agumon," said Agumon, "and that's Kudamon. Introductions over. Now will one of you fight me?!"

Zip facepalmed. "Urusai.
So annoying.
"

Eric and Tentomon agreed to follow Gaomon.
"Alright, lead the way, Gaomon!" Eric said.
"Alright then," Gaomon said, turning to point in a direction, "it's off in that direction, so we've just gotta start-" They were cut off as Apemon burst from the trees in a rage.
"Don't mind us. Just passing through." Tentomon told the simian.
"Uhh..." Deck started. "I'm not really sure that's a good idea..." And surely enough, their concerns were proven justified as Apemon grabbed Eric and ran off. "Crap!" They shouted. "Gaomon, can you chase them down?" Gaomon began to run after Apemon, only to travel maybe ten feet before doubling over and panting.

"Nope. No way. Not after before." They said between gasps.

"Come on." Deck said as they scooped Gaomon up into their arms and began running themself. A few moments later, Tentomon flew past them at high speed, glowing as they did so, before transforming entirely into the much larger Kabuterimon. Deck's run slowed to a stop as they looked on in awe at the digivolution taking place before their very eyes. "W-whoa... Is that what you did?" They asked Gaomon, who had nestled quite comfortably into their arms.

"Yeah, more or less." They replied. The pair watched as Kabuterimon made short work of Apemon before returning with Eric.
"I did not see that coming." Eric remarked, wiping the sweat off his brow.
Kabuterimon placed Eric down and reverted back to Tentomon. "That was intense to say the least!"
"Yeah yeah," Gaomon said, "it was all very cool, but I'm still hungry and I bet you're hungry now too after all that, so come on, let's get going! It's still this way!" They rambled, pointing in front of where they were standing.

"Uhh, yeah, sure, ok." Deck said, heading off in the direction indicated as Eric and Tentomon followed behind.

***​

A few minutes later, Gaomon - who had been shifted to piggyback for easier carrying - gave their final instruction and directed their group to push past a group of leaves.

"Tah-dah!" They said as they gestured forward the promised food.

"Is that... Meat?" Deck wondered as they looked upon a field of what appeared to be chunks of meat on the bone sticking out of the ground.

"Yeah! Pretty good field, innit?" Gaomon said, holding on to stay upright as Deck moved up to get a better look. Deck leaned in to get a better look at the... Plants? If they could be called that? They took hold of one of the bones and gave a tug. The bone shifted a little in the soil, so they gave a stronger tug, causing the bone to be released. The meat looked just like any other they'd seen, somehow it even seemed warm, as though it'd been recently cooked. They brought the meat up to their face and gave a tentative sniff. It smelled like any normal piece of meat as well. They cautiously took a bite, prepared to spit it out at any moment if something didn't seem quite right. However, it was quite the opposite. The meat was delicious! The skin was nice and crispy, and the meat itself was so tender it practically fell off the bone.

"Oh... Oh wow." They said as they swallowed and took another bite. "It's good to eat." They said, turning to face Eric and Tentomon. "Definitely really good to eat."

"Hey, come on." Gaomon said from their shoulders. "Pass me up a piece!"

"Oh, right, yeah, sorry." Deck pulled another hunk of meat from the ground and handed it up to Gaomon, before placing them down on a nearby log and sitting next to them to eat.

Eric and Tentomon began eating.

"Wow! This is good stuff!" Eric exclaimed in between bites. "It's like beef, chicken, and pork all in one!"

Tentomon was full before Eric.

"I'll be back in a few minutes." Tentomon said.

The insect Digimon needed some privacy to do.... Something....

When he returned to Eric's side, he looked relieved for some reason.
Eric was done eating at this point.

"Thanks, Gaomon!" Eric said. "I really needed this!"

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom