• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Dis-Questria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Celebi

Aimless Traveler in Space and Time
Reaction score
It was a beautiful day in Ponyville. But there was one pony who was not spending anytime enjoying it. The Doctor, or as he decided to call himself, Time Turner, was running around looking for anything out of the ordinary. He saw the future, and he wanted to do anything that he could to change it. But still, he had no idea exactly what would happen.

He kept looking, trying not to raise too much attention, he didn't want any possible panics to break out. Still, everything seemed perfectly normal. He sighed, he knew that he had to do his job at some point, he also had to make sure that every clock in Ponyville was in sync, to keep up his identity as Time Turner. He started going to every clock in the town, checking every one. While doing this, he promised to himself to keep searching after he finished. He also hoped that if something came up, he, or at least somebody could handle it.

Sign-Up Thread

Discussion Thread

Last edited:
I just don't know what went wrong.....
So today, I was playing around city hall playing with muffins and eating a ball, when I noticed... I got that mixed up, what I mean to say is that I was eating a muffin and playing with a ball, sorry about that, now back to what I was saying. I noticed a small hole in the wall, so I decided to go investigate. I wisely stuck my hoof into the wall and I found a bit! Unfortunately, when I applied pressure, it squished and brown stuff came out the side, so I decided that it must be a counterfeit, I figured that there must be more of them and that I must be the one to turn them in. I tried to force my head through the hole, it worked! Unfortunately, I could not get my head out, after I got over the initial panic, I noticed a huge mound of the fake coins. I was shocked with how many there were, there must have been at least 200 of them, I then knew what I must do. I must pull my head out.

After about an hour of pulling, and about 40 nervous ponies walking by (I could tell they where nervous because they were laughing... nervously), I finally got my head free, well sort of. I busted part of the wall out, and hit a support beam. When I saw the support beam fall, I rushed to catch the falling... roof thingy. Unfortunately, I missed, and smashed through the wall of town hall. Luckily, the Mayor cushioned my landing. I immediately rushed out of the window, which for some odd reason wasn't as open as I was expecting, and saw more pillars collapsing, so I rushed and missed it by a little and broke another pillar. The entire time I heard some weird kid crying about losing his chocolate bits, silly kid this is town hall, not chocolate. When I realized it was a lost cause, I rushed in and saved the Mayor, who was trapped, I pushed her out of the window, and I hopped out the other side, so no one saw me hop out. For some odd reason, the ponys were cheering, so I flew up to see what they were cheering about. They all stopped when they saw me, so obviously, I was blocking it. I couldn't see anything, so I shrugged my shoulders, and I figured that I must have missed it. So I went home and took a nap.

Last edited:
I frowned down at the leaves in my tea cup. "Oh dear me indeed, the future is darkened by greed." I murmured. The future held terrible suffering and chaos... but there was a stallion who could stop it. I had to get to Ponyville and find him! But if I left now, my potion would cause a nasty explosion. I really hoped I would be able to leave in time, as I cast an anxious glance at the bubbling cauldron.

Ignoring whatever commotion was happening in the town square, s small purple dragon lay on his basket-style crib underneath a large blanket and reading a paperback comic book with amusement. The book, titled Power Ponies: Mane-iac's Hairy Revenge, was a interesting book suited for reptilians and ponies of his age alike, and detailed the valiant efforts of the Super Six Equestrians as well as their sometimes-trusty sidekick, Humdrum. "Darn, I thought Humdrum would get more love in this issue, but nooooooooooo EC never gives any character support to ol' Humdrum!" The purple dragon shouted out loud to himself, but then quickly covered his mouth in realization that he might have disturbed Twilight and her studies.

It was just a normal day as I remember it. I was out in the woods collecting ingredients for a new batch of cupcakes I was going to bake. I gave a great whiff of the ingredients. Mmmm! They smelt delicious! Excitedly, I ran back the Ponyville to take the ingredients to the Sugarcube Corner so I could start baking right away. Oh my, I was so happy, I could write a song just about how fantastic these cupcakes were going to be!
Nothing could stop me! I was on a roll, and making those cupcakes was top of my priority list!
Well, when I say nothing could stop me, I was kinda lying about that. Suddenly, my leg began to twitch and shiver. It was pinkie sense playing up again. It was like my leg had a mind of its own! It picked me up, span me around and then dragged me over to the Sugarcube Corner faster then Rainbow Dash can fly!
When it finally stopped, I noticed that the sky was beginning to turn grey very slightly.
"What are those weather ponies up to?" I thought, and headed inside to start my cooking.

Last edited:
I heard a series of loud noises, so I dropped everything, and ran to where the sounds were coming from. As I ran there, I thought I heard cheering, but I shrugged that off. By the time I got to where the sounds were coming from, Town Hall, I was horrified at what I saw. The whole place was destroyed, and there was a crowd of silent ponies staring at it. I felt so bad for them, it must be tough constantly having the building be destroyed. I waited until the crowd separated, and I went into the remains of the building. I wanted to see if there was any sign of what did this. The damage was horrible, it had to have been something large. But than how could no pony see it? I had to admit, I was a bit lost as to what happened.

I left the site, and as I walked, I noticed the sky got somewhat darker. I needed to get a closer look at this. I ran back to my time machine, the TARDIS. I ran to the console, and I left. Only to reappear in the sky. I made sure to land in the middle of a cloud. It would now be difficult to see my blue box from the ground. Just as I was about to open the door, I heard a crashing sound, and I felt the console slightly vibrate. Soon there was a constant knocking at the door, along with a crack starting to appear in the window. I ran over to answer it, only to get hit in the face a few times by a grey Pegasus.

Last edited:
A muffin in hoof is better then one in the eye
I woke to the sound of poorly made special effects, I wondered what it was so I quickly threw together a pack full of all of the necessities, like muffins and scratch & sniff stickers, I quickly threw open the door and ran over some poor mail pony, I threw him a cinnamon apology muffin, for some odd reason he caught it with his eye, I wish I could do that, his shrieks of delight faded away as I flew, trying to waste no time I ignored the cloud in front of me unfortunately a silly looking blue box was in it, there was a door so I decided I must knock on it, I started to knock as fast as I could I heard a cracking sound so I looked away to see if anyone was looking at me up in the cloud, the door got squishy all of the sudden and when I looked back the door had turned into a funny looking pony.

Shining_Armor_smiling_S03E12.png

It was midday when the train from the Crystal Empire finally pulled into the Ponyville station. Among those who disembarked was a strong looking unicorn with a white coat and blue mane, wearing a red cap. With Princess Cadance as busy as she was with preparations for the Equestria Games, Prince Consort Shining Armor had had to make the trip to visit his sister Twilight by himself. Cadance had said that if she could find the time, she would join him in Ponyville, but it seemed unlikely that he would see her until he went back home. After all, the crystal ponies could spare their head coach for a week—practice would go on without him—but they couldn't spare their princess. Princesses were indispensable. He looked around to see if any familiar faces were there at the station, but it looked like Twilight must have gotten caught up in a book again. Neither she nor her little assistant Spike were at the platform. That was all right; he knew the way to her library treehouse.

Levitating his bag behind him with a minor unicorn enchantment, he walked through the small city at a leisurely pace. It was so different here than it was in either Canterlot or the Crystal Empire. More space and less bustle. It was a nice. As he rounded a corner, the sky began to darken ever so slightly, so he began to hurry. He didn't want to be caught outside if it began to rain. He noticed that a building lay demolished at one end of the town square, and he wondered what had happened. A crowd still milled around the building, so maybe it had come down only a short time ago? He didn't know. Maybe Twilight would. Within minutes he was there at her treehouse, and knocked on the door with one hoof.

Spike's talking awoke me from a deep slumber. I groaned, the smell of paper in my nostrils. I was sitting at my desk, a pile of drool covered books in front of me. Had I fallen asleep? How long had I been studying? I looked over at the candleholder. The candle was all but done for, only a small nub left, with a tiny glowing ember on it. I put it out, wiped the drool off my muzzle, and sleepily walked into the main room of the library. Spike was too engrossed in his new comic book to notice I had awoken. I rubbed my eyes, and grabbed some breakfast; a cup of tea, and a slice of toast. Halfway through my breakfast, there was a knocking at the door. I flew over to see who it was, yawning the whole way. I peeked through the window to see who it was. Gotta be careful, especially nowadays. When I looked, I was surprised to see a white unicorn colt with a blue mane. I opened the door.
"Big brother!" I exclaimed happily, hugging him. "What a surprise! What brings you here?" I ushered shining in warmly. We had a lot of catching up to do.

The punching stopped. But I was in shock for a moment, what could I do? A Pegasus just stumbled into the TARDIS. There's no real way I can talk my way out of this. I'll probably have to tell her everything now. I sighed. "Well, I'm sure that you'll want an explanation for what you're seeing here." She responded, "Yes, where did you get the box?" Should I give her the details? No, she's not ready to hear it. I put a hoof on the console. "Well, I got her from a place, a place that's very far away." Her attention still seemed to be on the TARDIS. "That's pretty cool, does it do anything else?" I started to smile, now would be a great time to blow her mind. "Yes actually. It is able to travel anywhere in space and time, impressive right?" I waited in anticipation, I have seen various reactions to this fact. "Nah, Unicorns can use magic to time travel, does this box come in gray?" The smile left my face, well, that was a new reaction. She didn't even point out that it was bigger on the inside. Her asking about the color made me remember what the TARDIS looked like when I first got her, just a silver cylinder. "Well, I guess it used to." She just stared at me blankly. "The makes no sense, do you want a muffin?" I realized that she is starting to get too close to the dangerous life I live. Although a muffin does sound good at the moment. "It's probably better that way, yes, thank you." The Pegasus kept pressing though. "Why is is better that way? Gray is my favorite color. What flavor?" I have no way out of this, I pretty much have to keep answering her.

I sighed again. "Well, she was able to blend into her environment, but now she's stuck as as the police box we're standing in. Also, it would be safe if you just forgot about this encounter. Um, would you happen to have any chocolate chip muffins?" She responded right away. "How could I forget? I have already seen it." She handed me the muffin while saying that. This pony's tough, she will not forget anything about this. What do I do? Maybe if I just continue with what I was going to do, something will come to me. "Thank you. Now could you please step back for a second, I'm about to collect a sample from the sky." I walked over to the doorway, bottle in hand. I then realized that I never asked this pony her name, that was rather rude of me. I looked back at her. "I'm the Doctor by the way, and you are?"

(Out of Character: Derpy Dash did request that I used his character in this post, I do have his permission)

"The train, silly!" Shining joked with his little sister, as he stepped inside. "Honestly, though, I was just bored. With all of the fuss for the Equestria Games going on, I hardly even get to see Cadance, and when I do, you can bet Ms. Harshwhinny isn't far away. Cadance doesn't seem to mind too much, but I was going crazy! And there wasn't much for me to do. Between the Crystal Ponies and the Games committee, all anypony wanted me to do was "oversee" things, and sign off on deliveries. You know I'd rather be doing real work than any of that bureaucratic stuff. So I thought—well, actually it was Cadance's idea—that I should come see you in Ponyville for a while. I mean, I haven't had a chance to see you since your coronation!"

Princess_Cadance_announcing_the_Equestria_Games_to_be_held_in_the_Crystal_Empire_S3E12.png
She's always around these days.

"What kind of doctor? Oh and my name is Derpy Hooves and I am flying so I can't step backwards. Why do you want to eat a cloud?" I wonder why he wanted to eat the cloud I have tried it and it is honestly not all that good, I guess an earth pony wouldn't have much of an opportunity to do it so I flew inside is box so he could reach the cloud.

As he got out of his bed after having an excellent adventure with the Power Ponies, Spike yawned for eight seconds and headed down the creaky stairs of the tree-house he and Twilight lived in. Opening the door to go to the the library (in hopes of the next issue already being out), he instead rammed into Twilight's leg and fell back onto the floor. "Twilight?...What are you doing outside? You're usually never outside!"

I sighed in relief as my potion was finally finished. It had been forever, and I cast an anxious glance out the window to see clouds gathering, dark gray clouds. "The sky is angered by cruel spells, soon Ponyville will be nothing but a shell! Twilight Sparkle must be warned, that Ponyville will soon be charmed." I muttered as I quickly bottled the potion, throwing a cloak on as the sky threatened rain, and any rain from an enchanted sky isn't pleasant.

I charged out the door, masks and jars rattling from the speed of my passage, as I slammed the door behind me and plunged into the trees.

Ah, I love it when ever I get a question like that. "I'm just the Doctor," I said with a smile. I continued, "Ah, Derpy, great name, it suits you." I found it amusing that she thought that I would be eating the cloud. Oh, that's just silly, you can't eat clouds... can you? I'll be sure to try that later. I reached out, and got a sample from the cloud. Now, it's time for me to be brilliant. I quickly opened the bottle, and snorted the contents. I started coughing like crazy, but I did it. I figured out the reason behind everything. The dark sky, town hall being destroyed. "THAT'S IT!" I yelled as I tossed the bottle to the ground. "It's so obvious now!" There were faint traces of smoke, and combined with the massive amounts of destruction, it must mean only one thing... "Dragons," I muttered to myself.

After a while of discussing outside, I looked up at the sky. "Whoa, It looks like it's going to storm. Maybe we should get inside?" I turned around to walk in, but instead of going inside, I tripped over spike. "Spike, what are you doing there? Get inside." I said firmly, ushering him in. "Something about this weather doesn't seem... Natural."

"Hmmph, I'm not afraid of a little rain and thunder." Spike said in defiance. "Hey, is that really Shining Armor in front of you? How come he's here? Did something wrong happen/ Am I asking too many questions? Should I stop asking so many questions?..."

"Does that mean you are a general surgeon?" I looked up from my great task of pressing every flashy button on the central thingy but he was too preoccupied sniffing the cloud to hear me. When he said dragons I looked up and asked "Why did you say that?"

Last edited:
"Think about it... what else could cause so much destruction to the Town Hall, while causing there to be an abnormal amount of smoke in the air." But how could no pony notice that? Is there something larger going on that I'm not seeing? Should I also tell Derpy about the horrible future that I saw? No... She's not ready to hear that, no pony is. My track of thought was broken when I started to hear the TARDIS's emergency bell start to go off. "What happened!?" I looked over at Derpy, she was stand right next to the console. "Did you touch anything!?" Right as I finished asking, the TARDIS started shaking, and was soon falling out of the sky. I knew that a crash was imminent, I was able to check the console, at least it seems that we're going to crash outside Ponyville. Still, I'm afraid that the impact might be hard enough to cause me to regenerate, and I'm too busy for that. I looked at the console itself. YES! We're in luck, I can fix this! I immediately got to work. Looks like I don't have to regenerate after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom