• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Discussion about saving the new VAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
I have a question for SONVA and I think it would be more appreciated if I created a thread here in the anime forum rather than posting it in their club thread. Before I begin I would like to note that I am not a member of SOVA. Additionally, I am off to Uni next month so I don't need to care about the voices in a series I will not get to watch. However, the fandom tension over the VAs is still something I am affected by and a thread like SOVA got may help things. With that in mind...

What are you guys trying to prove? The VAs already have a secure job. PUSA has made it very clear that they are not going to reverse their decision. How do the new VAs need "saving"?

Habunake, if you don't like the fandom tension over the VA change and find the situation irrational then why did you create a faction to directly oppose SOVA rather than just letting the whole thing blow over?

Oh, and have you guys decided how much of a threat SOVA is yet? Because I'd rather not have this another thread with the same people claiming that SOVA both poses no threat and is a massive threat. One or the other, please.

Well, I really think I should've called it "Support The New Voice Actors", if any mod in Club Forum could change the title for me...

Plus, if SOVA suceeds, then the New VA's will love their jobs. The only reason I see of the Old Voices returning is if 4kids somehow reobtains the show...which I DON'T want to happen.

SOVA, in my eyes, seems like good fans, who simply are overreacting and I think are really going a little too far in things (Calling themselves "the voice of the fandom") and everything.

Well I'm more worried about SOVA alienating PUSA from the fandom, if anything. No, they are not going to change their minds, but I'd rather that the fans stay on good (or at the very least, neutral) terms with PUSA.

I don't like how SOVA is saying PUSA "tore apart the fandom", it's more like the people who can't accept change did.

And as I said, SONVA is more about giving the new voices the respect they deserve.

I've not seen much supporting from you. In that thread you've just repeatedly stated that you don't want Pokémon to return to 4Kids.

If we're going to quote then I don't like how SONVA is saying it can "save the fandom from pointless arguing". It's like AdvanceShipping entering as a counter to PokéShipping. It is only guaranteed to create further arguing.

Eh, I didn't make that banner, I also didn't like it either. It seemed more like something I should post when Scott is around...lol.

And I'm sorry I don't like what 4kids was beginning to do with it. I simply think they were slowly beginning to "edit" the dub even more, with the sandwiches and the "x.x"'s being erased. Who know what could be next?

Plus, PUSA has a better track record then 4kids as a whole. Of course, their is no way to be sure PUSA won't do the same thing, but I'll be positive.

If you ask me, it seems like SOVA was the one who "tore apart the fandom" =/

I like the new VA's. Sure there are some problems, but still. I'm willing to give them a chance. Especially Ash's new VA, who hasn't done a voice in her lifetime. Give her a chance. Three episodes doesn't make a pure judgement...and neither does four...

People forget it took about...20 some episodes for the old cast to get into voice?

Hell, Maddie didn't come till like later then that I believe.

^^^^
What are you talking about? I think if we can have people wanting to go on National TV to get back the old ones, I can start a club on the internet to respect the new ones.

If you ask me, it seems like SOVA was the one who "tore apart the fandom" =/

I like the new VA's. Sure there are some problems, but still. I'm willing to give them a chance. Especially Ash's new VA, who hasn't done a voice in her lifetime. Give her a chance. Three episodes doesn't make a pure judgement...and neither does four...
So if we can't make a proper judgement yet... then why are you so commited to them?

Seriously, keep to the actual topic please.

The funny thing is, New Brock, New May, New Max...are effectively screwed over anyway......

Damn, I'd hate to be them.

What are you talking about? I think if we can have people wanting to go on National TV to get back the old ones, I can start a club on the internet to respect the new ones.
And here is a big problem: Comments by certain SOVA members are being twisted to make the entire club look bad. Pie has made her stance against that idea very clear.

But you know there is nothing in danger of them being released or taken back, it was parody of the SOVA thread.

I personally dislike how SOVA says they are "The Voice of The Fandom".

That pretty much f**** anyone who likes the new ones, as it seems to me like that says "Join SOVA, or your not part of the fandom".

SONVA, is simply to support the new voice actors, as fans of Pokemon should do, since they ARE Ash, May, Max, Brock, Meowth, Jessie, James, and Misty now (Tracey remains to be seen...0.0). And as fans, we should support the dub no matter what.

Of course, that doesn't mean forget the old ones, as they still have reruns and like....300+ episodes on DVD.

But you know there is nothing in danger of them being released or taken back, it was parody of the SOVA thread.

It was more of a "Hey, why can't we support the new voices?".

..........yeah.

I watched the 4kids dub all the time, even if I was annoyed by some of their practices.

So if we can't make a proper judgement yet... then why are you so commited to them?

Seriously, keep to the actual topic please.

Like I said, I'm still having trouble with them, but overall, they're OK. If you had read the post like you should, you should have figured out that I was simply talking about Ash's voice and no one elses. The others are ok (I still have trouble with James though.)

..........yeah.

I watched the 4kids dub all the time, even if I was annoyed by some of their practices.

And yet now all you're doing is complaining about everything they did wrong and insisting PUSA is awesome because of it.

Real supportive.

And to be honest? I challenge the idea that we should just sit down, shut up, and accept everything the dubbers put out. No one ever held back criticism of the 4Kids dub, not even me. Why should we hold back criticism of the PUSA dub?

When we felt 4Kids screwed up, we spoke up, and they responded. Did they respond to everything? No. But was it worth it anyway? I think so. Why should we give PUSA the luxury we never gave 4Kids?

I haven't seen really anything to complain about yet!

So, I really can't complain.

I'm sorry that I DISLIKE 4KIDS!DISLIKE 4KIDS!DISLIKE 4KIDS!DISLIKE 4KIDS!DISLIKE 4KIDS!

And, as Maddie keeps pointing out, the old Voice actors don't work for 4kids, so I don't see how hating 4kids = hating old voices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom