• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Discussion: Dream jobs and current jobs

Well, my one goal in life is to be a game designer. I find this because I've always been fascinated by how technology works, and how the pictures on the screen move, ever since I found my brother's old Pokémon Yellow game and his Game Boy. Of course, if that doesn't work, then I'd be a mechanic.

Well, I went to Uni to study to be a therapist. Hated it. I was so disappointed as it was my dream, but it just wasn't for me. I soldiered on and completed my degree then thought - damn - what the hell am I going to do now?

I fell into a job in a pet shop, and I love it. Its challenging (I have to take tests and exams all the time on everything from water chemistry to how cats break down protein!) and I know I'm good at it. As I have a degree, I can progress pretty quickly within the company, so hopefully I'll be a manager in a year or so, or I could apply for a more 'graduate' job in head office.

I love what I do though! Surrounded by Pythons and rats all day!

It actually took me quite a long time to figure out what I wanted to do with my life, I'm still in high school but I should really make my life choices quicker I mean it took me twelve years to decide my favorite color lol. Anyways, I realized what I really want to be is a writer. I'm not a very prolific writer right now, though, I am working on a few fanfics but it'll be a long time before they're ready to post. Really, writing is magical, one of the best things in the world is a beautifully written story. I owe a lot to literature, a wide vocabulary and more active imagination for one thing, and Owl City for another because I got into in literature class when my teacher played Vanilla Twilight because it was poetic lol and I liked it so I searched for more of his songs on Youtube lol and I don't care that writers don't earn as much as other jobs, writing is what I want to do with my life.

My dream job is to teach. I'm currently in the process of earning my degree. I'm excited to work in a field where I can directly guide youth through their formative years. I especially want to work in the inner city where I can help those who are most in need.

I am currently a student, I work a couple jobs on campus. I'm a financial aid consultant, stock shelves at Walmart and drive a cab.

I would LOVE to be a veterinarian. But, there will be a lot of stress associated with the job. Then I'll start working on domesticating the squirrel.

Current job: Cashier at a bookstore.

Dream job: I would love to be a translator or interpreter or some job pertaining to foreign language. I do freelance translate occasionally at the Twitter Translation Center for French, so I'm getting experience and practice.

I'm still not 100% sure what I want to do for a career, but I'm thinking some sort of lab or research job (preferably in the field of math or physics).

I used to pursue science - biology particularly, but now I've found a new interest in literature, and I'm planning to get a degree in both fields. I'll probably keep my mind on being a researcher of some sort perhaps.

My dream job is to be a Language Arts Teacher.

I'm not sure if I want to teach middle school or high school, since I haven't even started high school yet, but I'm definitely not going to be teaching little kids in diapers. Not a chance.

I aspire to be a novelist, focusing mainly on the apparent paradox of Christian fiction, and graphic novels. I can't draw (much less color inside the lines) to save my life, but if someone is eager to draw out my worlds, and I like their art style, I'm eager to work with them.

I am currently unemployed. I do, however, have an opportunity to be an orientation leader at my school, which I'll take up on Monday.

Umm, I'm not really sure about a specific job, but I'd like to do research on the field of Chemistry, or Physics, or Biology. Something that allows me to make a difference in the world and isn't too boring. I've considered taking a degree in Maths (my favorite subject), but what would I do afterwards, teach? No way. I've also considered doing something related to writing, but I realized that my writing, while good, was merely a hobby.

I can dream, but with the world like it is, who knows what might happen? If all else fails, I'll just settle for something that can provide me enough money to live well.

My dream job would be a traveling musician or to be a teacher. I enjoy music and on the other hand, I'd like to be a positive influence on children, try to instill a love of learning and proper critical thinking skills. Help them grow into...not sheep.

I'd like to be a well respected chef and a music critic on the side :p I studied business in college, but my heart isn't in it. Not anymore, whilst cooking and music are my real passions in life. I might go back to school and start a cooking course, I mean I can cook, but I need to learn as much as possible. Maybe I will when I'm more mentally fit for it.

You sound just like me. Growing up I had a hatred for business and anything financial and/or legal, and I was dangerously attracted to the Arts and Entertainment Industries.

And I had a love for nature.

Mom told me I was different.

Another user on here mentioned landscaping. I think this is interesting.

My hobbies as a child was reading, playing video games, taking long and solitary walks, listening to music, and thinking about collecting things (arts, animals, bugs, stamps, coins, jars, anything and everything).

In school I was the best at Reading and Science and I actually sucked at Math and English. I really hated Math and English.

Someone on here said they were really good at Math, though.

So imagine my shock.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it come down to this. Either something in entertainment, or Political Science, mainly Psychology. Maybe law enforcement, that's a last resort though.

Well, at first, it was a paleontologist or geologist because I was into fossils and earth's history and all that. But I couldn't do so well with the class in college and I found I had enjoyed the computer classes I took in high school much more.

So yeah, my heart now is in electronics, mainly computers and video games, but I'd like to learn more about others as well, like ipods and cellphones (I do have one of the latter, but compared to what I know about computers and video games, my cellphone knowledge sucks) and get into the electronic retail business, perhaps a career with Best Buy. I like to call Best Buy Electronics Paradise, so yeah. lol

Well I current work in an Accounts department but this couldn't be further from my dream jobs. I'd love either of the following.

1. To be a member of parliament for my country, maybe get into Cabinet, and even if I'm really pushing my luck, Prime Minister. I also wouldn't mind going into the European Parliament, and possiblly joining the EU commission, and becoming Commission president.

2. To have my own business, which owns lots of smaller businesses across the world. Similar to how Richard Branson owns Virgin, but you can't really ask what does Virgin do because it does so many things, Virgin Radio, Virgin Planes, Virgin Tv, Virgin Mobile etc etc. My business would have loads of these different sorts of business and be represented in every continent in the world, and most countries.

3. A massive Pop singer, but the fact I can't sing and don't know how to get into this really competitive business is probably going to stop that.

I was an intern for the local university's engineering department and I loved it dearly, but it finished recently. As for the same field . . . I want to head into aerospace engineering someday. You know, designing those beautiful planes that belong in the black-works division of the government programs. And in addition to that, become an astronaut. Just thinking about space gives me the jitters, and the idea of becoming an astronaut and being a rocket science is far too mind-boggling to handle.

I haven't got a job, on account of my age. But I would love to be a writer. But there is one hurdle, to be a writer I have to write things. Crazy I know!

While I am studying to be an English teacher because I have wanted that since early adolescence, the possibilities of working with the language (being a non-native speaker) have posed new dream jobs for me. Personally I would love to be a translator in the diplomatic area and an interpreter as well, since I am interested in public affairs and enjoy seeing cultures and customs meet.

Being a teacher is not that bad either, especially because I could spread the importance of knowing English nowadays to young children, but right now I do not think I have the personality for it even though I know I may or may not develop it in the future...

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom