• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Disney XD Japan to air Pocket Monsters in May: Diamond & Pearl series to premiere in

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Disney XD Japan to air Pocket Monsters in May: Diamond & Pearl series to premiere in May

Pocket Monsters is all set to premiere on Disney XD Japan. Diamond & Pearl series to make the anime debut on the respective channel in the month of May, 2011

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Disney XD Japan to air Pocket Monsters in May: Diamond & Pearl series to premiere

...for some reason this is funny to me. But its probably cuz i think of Disney XD as stupid...oh wait

Re: Disney XD Japan to air Pocket Monsters in May: Diamond & Pearl series to premiere

...for some reason this is funny to me. But its probably cuz i think of Disney XD as stupid...oh wait

A very gentle step taken by Disney XD. I won't mind if PUSA moves to Disney XD US instead of airing it on CN since Cartoon Network doesn't care much for the anime, XD might help it promotions and stuff.

Well, looks like Disney is officially the new channel of Pokémon globally... I won't be surprised if eventually the US move it from Cartoon to Disney too, while in Japan it'll probably continue the weekly new eps on TV Tokyo but make it a tradition to air previous series on Disney

A very gentle step taken by Disney XD. I won't mind if PUSA moves to Disney XD US instead of airing it on CN since Cartoon Network doesn't care much for the anime, XD might help it promotions and stuff.

Some of us don't have Disney XD (me for one). I mind very much.
Moreover, how many BMGF users does this affect? (No really, how many?)

Sorry. I'm still a little bent about them buying Naruto Shippūden some time ago.
This doesn't affect me any (I didn't even know Japan had that channel), so I say "way to go". Sinnoh wasn't bad

I do hope Disney XD US eventually gets Pokemon as well. CN doesn't deserve it. Five minute commercial breaks every five minutes, good lord.

Let's hope Disney doesn't dub it if they get it in America. I heard they raped the Digimon dub when they had it.

Nah, it's probably gonna stay with Tpci if it gets moved to DXD.
I don't see the English dub of pokemon moving to Disney XD though, because the dub's had a relation ship with Warner for a while ( Warner is CN's parent company, too, right?)

Oookaay, this is new. & good timing for me, considering I'm actually really into Disney if I'm not obsessing over retro Pokemon stuffz. It'll be nice not giving CN any ratings at all if they eventually move. & if they get the dub altogether, I at least hope they just treat it right.

& please, I don't want to go into any "bah, Disney's crud" or junk like that. I'll respect your faves if you respect mine, thanks. =) *in any responses to this post, I mean.

Ah, great for any1 who wants to see the DP-bust again for 4 years

Disney XD Japan picking up an old series doesn't effect the dub at all. Pokemon isn't moving anywhere.

Its interesting that they're only re-airing the DP series, but given it was the most recent saga, it makes sense.

Disney XD Japan picking up an old series doesn't effect the dub at all. Pokemon isn't moving anywhere.

Starting with Season 11, Pokémon moved to Jetix/Disney almost everywhere over the world... so I won't be surprised if EVENTUALLY it'll move in the US too (not saying it'll happen in the near future or at all, but it might happen)

Will give me a chance to see early and mid DP in their original versions. I'm very glad with this news.

Edit: I'll also lightly express my dislike of Disney XD UK as there just seems to be better alternatives that are willing to show Pokémon, such as CITV.

Last edited:

Well, anything's better on XD...I don't have it anymore since I moved out though. Then again, I don't watch TV that much these days.

Some of us don't have Disney XD (me for one). I mind very much.
Moreover, how many BMGF users does this affect? (No really, how many?)

Sorry. I'm still a little bent about them buying Naruto Shippūden some time ago.
This doesn't affect me any (I didn't even know Japan had that channel), so I say "way to go". Sinnoh wasn't bad

Lol, I live in Pakistan and we don't have CN US, Disney XD or TV Tokyo but I still catch all the episodes right on time. I don't think that would be a problem for us. :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom