• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Dissonance of Brothers - Striaton Trio

FinalArcadia

♡ knight in shining armor ♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. Any
Hi, and thanks for your time, if you decide to read this. This is my first fic, and it's about the Striation Trio, with an emphasis on Cilan and Chili, but it doesn't support or not-support any ship. I won't say that it might not be kind of OOC for Chili, but honestly, I just wanted to get an idea that I've had down on paper (or the computer, as it may be). XD So, without further ado...

Dissonance of Brothers
Table of Contents
Chapter I - Day In, Day Out

Chapter I - Day In, Day Out

“Welcome to the Striaton City gym!” bellowed Cilan. His enthusiasm for the next challenger battle was palpable.

“…I can’t stand when he does that… it’s just not…”

“And who would you like to challenge in today’s delectable battle? Myself, a grass-type connoisseur?” asked Cilan to the young challenger.

“It’s all wrong… Still all wrong…”

“Or would I be a more palatable opponent, as a master of the flowing elegance of water-types?” added Cilan’s brother, Cress.

The challenger was a young girl named Heather, and she appeared to be about the same age as the gym leaders themselves. She adjusted her glasses to stare at the other boy standing next to Cilan and Cress. He wore the garb of a waiter, just like the other two… yet he hadn’t spoken a word since Heather entered the café-themed gym. Finally noticing the questioning glance of the bespectacled trainer, Chili proceeded to introduce himself.

Quickly, he forced a smile. Fortunately, he had long since grown used to such forced actions.

“As the blazing expert on the fiery strength of fire-types, I am also up for a challenge!” His own unease would not stop him from fulfilling his gym leader duties, even one as mundane as an introductory speech. However, Chili couldn’t help but notice Cress slowly glance at him, only to swiftly turn away as their eyes met.

Completely oblivious to the unspoken conversation taking place between the brothers, Heather made her decision. Breaking the short silence, she spoke with a determined voice.

“For the Trio Badge, I would like to face Cilan,” stated Heather. With all his charisma and friendly banter, Heather figured that Cilan would be the most enjoyable to battle with. And as she had with her a normal-type Patrat and a dark-type Purrloin, there was really no type-advantage to be gained, no matter who she chose. The maximum potential for a fun battle was all Heather was basing her decision on.

“As you wish! Of course,” smiled Cilan with that playful grin of his, “I don’t intend to go easy on you!”

“Of course she would choose him,” thought Chili as the others walked to the arena. “He’s truly ‘Mr. Personality.’” His face revealed a distressed demeanor, his mouth fixed into a subtle, barely noticeable frown.

The source of his reaction toward his brother was not one of jealousy. Quite the opposite, in fact. The triplets had always been close, and there existed a powerful bond between the three.

No, jealousy was not the issue at hand here.

What plagued Chili’s mind was guilt.

I'm a big Cilan fan, so I decided to read this. :3

Not bad, though it's rather short. I prefer longer works, but that's just me. The length is up to you. :)

Also, I noticed that your trainer, Heather, has a Purrloin. It'd be interesting, and probably funny, if Cilan chickens out when he sees it, seeing as he's afraid of them. Or are you not going by anime canon?

Not bad, though it's rather short. I prefer longer works, but that's just me. The length is up to you. :)

I plan to add at least a couple more chapters. Though I would like to leave the ending a little up for interpretation, if I can get it to work out that way. ^^

Kelleo said:
Also, I noticed that your trainer, Heather, has a Purrloin. It'd be interesting, and probably funny, if Cilan chickens out when he sees it, seeing as he's afraid of them. Or are you not going by anime canon?

Aha, good catch! I'm trying to combine the game and anime canon, and his fear of Purrloin will be included.

Thanks for your feedback! XD

I plan to add at least a couple more chapters. Though I would like to leave the ending a little up for interpretation, if I can get it to work out that way. ^^

Ah, I see. I meant that the chapter is short, though lol.

Aha, good catch! I'm trying to combine the game and anime canon, and his fear of Purrloin will be included.

Thanks for your feedback! XD

Ah, awesome! I actually wrote a oneshot about that, so it was easy for me to notice. :p

Ah, I see. I meant that the chapter is short, though lol.

Oh, sorry, I see what you mean now. I agree, it is a bit short. I couldn't get a good feel for how long it would be to readers, but now that I know, I'll extend the length a bit. ^_^

Oh, sorry, I see what you mean now. I agree, it is a bit short. I couldn't get a good feel for how long it would be to readers, but now that I know, I'll extend the length a bit. ^_^

Mkay, if that's what you want to do. :p

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom