• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Disturbing music from Non Horror video games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaos - Fire Emblem: Awakening Music Extended - YouTube Chaos- Fire Emblem Awakening
Master Core - Super Smash Bros. 3DS - YouTube Master Core - Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS (only parts of it, really)
Pokemon Platinum - Extended Giratina Battle Theme - YouTube Battle! Giratina - Pokemon Platinum (Not as bad as the others, though)

And finally, the dreaded, the horrible, the worst offender out of all these, so much that we don't speak it's name:
Pokemon X & Y OST Lumiose City Music - YouTube

Last edited:
The music that plays in the Twilight Relm, the music that plays when fighting Shadow Beasts, the City in the Sky music and the Zant battle theme from Zelda:Twilight Princess instantly spring to mind.
City in the Sky is creepy mainly for the citizens.
The Princess Zelda battle in Twilight Princess is also pretty freaky sometimes.

EDIT:Why do people think Chaos from Fire Emblem:Awakening is creepy?I find it sorta soothing.And action-packed.

Last edited:
When I was a tiny little thing, I thought the castle theme in Super Mario Bros was a little scary. The lightworld dungeon music in LOZ: Link to the Past also freaked me out so much that I could only play those levels on mute. It's kind of funny how the lightworld dungeon music was scarier than the darkworld dungeon music, at least to me. =D

Pokemon-related, the Pokemon Mansion theme in Red and Blue. I could never listen to that theme at night because it just sounds like something is going to sneak up behind me.

The Lucavi Boss theme from Final Fantasy Tactics. Then again when you consider that you're fighting a demon from hell with moves based on driving targets insane it's a bit appropriate.

The music that plays in the Twilight Relm, the music that plays when fighting Shadow Beasts, the City in the Sky music and the Zant battle theme from Zelda:Twilight Princess instantly spring to mind.
City in the Sky is creepy mainly for the citizens.
The Princess Zelda battle in Twilight Princess is also pretty freaky sometimes.

EDIT:Why do people think Chaos from Fire Emblem:Awakening is creepy?I find it sorta soothing.And action-packed.

Chaos is creepy because of its weird background noises, primarily. Looking back on it, though, I find Annihilation much more horrifying.

I find a lot of people find the reverse world music to be freaky. As a child, I would sit and listen to it for hours on end :)
One song I find truly horrifying is...
Trés bien from phoenix wright - trials and tribulations.
And I hate both the temple of the ocean king and ghost ship themes from Phantom hourglass.
Chaos is amazing in every way.

Apparently, the River Twygz from Super Paper Mario is Giygas's bathing grounds.

not really from a game but this music really freaks me out when ever i hear it (had to sit through the ride a few times and freaks me out every-time) compared to all horror games i have played ranging from Dead Space, Dino Crises, Resident Evil, P.T, Silent Hill etc this is the one that freaks me out the most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tbm4Au3dZ0

Speaking of Portal 2, there's the Rattman's Ghost, aka one of the few things in a video game that has actually given me nightmares. For anyone who hasn't heard this one, it only plays in a few Rattman's Dens if you get close to the graffiti. It's usually pretty quiet, but if you listen closely you'll hear what sounds like psychotic rambling, presumably from Rattman himself, although no one knows exactly what he's saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom