• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do any anime characters remind you of real people?

Misty-Moo

I give up
Reaction score
viola_in_the_anime_2.png

When I first saw Viola in the anime, it struck me how much she reminded me of someone (a school friend with whom I shared a special & life-defining moment with). My friend had brown eyes, but everything else is so similar, such as her hair & the way she dresses.

So, what about you? Do any anime characters remind you of old friends, relatives, etc.?​

Serena at the moment reminds me of myself, as I too don't exactly have a clear idea on what I want to do with my life. And I like her, I feel a certain amount of pressure since it's my second year in college. And as a further testament to that, just like she noted Ash, Clemont, Shauna, Tierno and Trevor's explicit goals, I'm also surrounded by people who know what major they're pursuing and/or what career they want.

Of all people, Ash himself vs me! Ash left Pallet Town travelling for golly-knows-how-long, and I've also left my family in Japan to live in Australia, 11 years and still counting. Both of us has been quite determined to live our dreams (him being Pokémon master vs me actually settling down in Australia and make my mark career/family-wise) as well. And come to think about it, both Ash and I are outside of (Poke-)Japan; him in France and me in, as I said before Australia.

Trip reminds me off a jerkass kid next door. Must be why I hated the guy so much.

Killer Bee from Naruto Shippuden reminds me of Hulk Hogan. Freaking epic.

It's bending the rules a bit, but Pachirisu reminds me of an albino squirrel at a college I attended for a semester and a half.

Diantha, the Kalos champion looks like Audrey Hepburn
qdexbmfl9eiyrrqmhsod.jpg

Whenever I watch an episode featuring Grant, it sounds to me that the dub actor is doing a Barack Obama impersonation

Mae and her brother Max both remind me of my younger cousins, who are coincidentally siblings too. The way they interact most of the time really reminds me of them. I already pointed this out to them.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom