• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

MEMO: Do Not Mention these Users within Fun & Games

dig

-
Reaction score
  • Staff
Users have the right to request not to be mentioned in a thread or section, and you all must respect that decision. From this post on, unless there are changes in circumstances, contacting these users through mentions is not permitted and if done so will result in action being taken. These actions will likely be editing the post to remove the mention, and a reminder to be aware of this list. It is very unlikely that we'll be handing out infractions over this, so please don't think that is enforced purely to catch out people. Abuse is handled much differently to accidental mentions.

Moving on:

Do Not Mention the Following Users:

• AussieEevee (mentions are permitted for The War Room and threads they are actively participating in)
  • Arylett Charnoa (Random Messages only, can mention elsewhere)
If you would want to be put on this list, get in touch with Maniacal Engineer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magnificent Entertainer

Metallic Executioner
Reaction score
Well hello there everybody. Recently the F&G staff has noticed a few instances of mention spamming occurring in the Random Messages thread.
What is mention spamming, you might ask. Excellent question, allow me to explain.

Mention spamming is when you mention somebody without any particular reason for doing so, and in a section that that person might not have any interest in.
Doing so can be disruptive to that person, since mentions send alerts to that user, and they may not want to scroll through inane alerts whenever they next login.

Please refrain from mentioning anybody in the F&G section who is not a regular poster in this section, and, when mentioning someone, please try to have some semblance of a reason for so doing. Much like what is said above, it is very unlikely that we will actually be handing out infractions over this matter, but please be aware that it is an issue.

As always, feel free to contact the F&G staff if you have any questions regarding mention spamming or any other aspect of the section.

AussieEevee

Emergency, DekaMaster!
Reaction score
  • AussieEevee (mentions are permitted for The War Room)
I'd like to amend the exception for this to if I am actively participating in a thread.

The main reason I got annoyed about this two and a half years ago was that I was being tagged in RM and Kingdom of Pokemon, and other threads I hadn't even heard of or was ignoring, and it was just spamming my inbox... But now I'm venturing out of TWR for the first time in two years so...

Rainbow Cloud

Dragonite!
Reaction score
Can I request to be on this list?

Guideline. If I'm online, let it slide if you can.
Hi Dragostea D'Entei :)

Yes you can request to be on the list but allowing mentions only if you are online would be difficult to cater for as people could easilly mention you thinking you are online when you are not, for example if you were to log out a few minutes before someone completed making a post. It would need to be all the time but you can request specific threads to be exeptions where you can be mentioned though.