• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Notice Do Not Mention these Users within Fun & Games

Reaction score
Users have the right to request not to be mentioned in a thread or section, and you all must respect that decision. From this post on, unless there are changes in circumstances, contacting these users through mentions is not permitted and if done so will result in action being taken. These actions will likely be editing the post to remove the mention, and a reminder to be aware of this list. It is very unlikely that we'll be handing out infractions over this, so please don't think that is enforced purely to catch out people. Abuse is handled much differently to accidental mentions.

Moving on:

Do Not Mention the Following Users:

• Snowy (mentions are permitted for The War Room and threads they are actively participating in, and for staff related reasons)
  • Arylett Charnoa (Random Messages only, can mention elsewhere)
  • Superuxie (Mentions are permitted if they are actively participating in the thread)
  • chibighost (Mentions are permitted if they are actively participating in the thread)
  • Ducky Mioda (Random messages only)
If you would want to be put on this list, get in touch with a F&G staff member.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well hello there everybody. Recently the F&G staff has noticed a few instances of mention spamming occurring in the Random Messages thread.
What is mention spamming, you might ask. Excellent question, allow me to explain.

Mention spamming is when you mention somebody without any particular reason for doing so, and in a section that that person might not have any interest in.
Doing so can be disruptive to that person, since mentions send alerts to that user, and they may not want to scroll through inane alerts whenever they next login.

Please refrain from mentioning anybody in the F&G section who is not a regular poster in this section, and, when mentioning someone, please try to have some semblance of a reason for so doing. Much like what is said above, it is very unlikely that we will actually be handing out infractions over this matter, but please be aware that it is an issue.

As always, feel free to contact the F&G staff if you have any questions regarding mention spamming or any other aspect of the section.

• AussieEevee (mentions are permitted for The War Room)
I'd like to amend the exception for this to if I am actively participating in a thread.

The main reason I got annoyed about this two and a half years ago was that I was being tagged in RM and Kingdom of Pokemon, and other threads I hadn't even heard of or was ignoring, and it was just spamming my inbox... But now I'm venturing out of TWR for the first time in two years so...

Can I request to be on this list?

Guideline. If I'm online, let it slide if you can.
Hi Dragostea D'Entei :)

Yes you can request to be on the list but allowing mentions only if you are online would be difficult to cater for as people could easilly mention you thinking you are online when you are not, for example if you were to log out a few minutes before someone completed making a post. It would need to be all the time but you can request specific threads to be exeptions where you can be mentioned though.

I would request to be on this list too, b/c it seems like it would be VERY annoying! XD
(any thread, board, post, conversation im not *"actively" participating in [*at least more than 2 posts])

I would request to be on this list too, b/c it seems like it would be VERY annoying! XD
(any thread, board, post, conversation im not *"actively" participating in [*at least more than 2 posts])
I have added you to the list. Please note that this list does only apply to F&G and its subforum.

Back
Top Bottom