• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do pokemon get eaten?

Turtle soup:
I highly doubt they hunt and kill Blastoise...

after a certain size, I doubt Pokemon are hunted for food.

Blaziken Meat! Already roasted!!

EDIT: what I mean is I don't think they'll go after big Pokemon for food.

What would Snorlax be by the way?

deja0entendu said:
Turtle soup:
I highly doubt they hunt and kill Blastoise...

What would Snorlax be by the way?
Well, with a couple of sniped shots to the head.... o_O Or they could use Squirtle....

Who said Snorlax had to be anything besides Snorlax? Though I'm interested in what Pokémon are based on, I wouldn't say that they are what they are based on. Shellder may be scallop-like, but it's not a scallop, it's a Shellder; Meowth may be (vaguely) cat-like, but it's not a cat, it's a Meowth. Pokémon appear to be totally different life forms, and that's the way they are in my head. I do wonder what Pokémon meat is like and how (if) it differs from "normal" animals' meat, though.

Ursaring steaks.

Actually in the fanfic I'm writing, their eating fried rice made with Combusken meat and broth.

As for turtle soup. I doubt they'd use Blastoise, too tough. Squirtle would be a better choice.

I highly doubt people eat Taurus, (I thought they where in the safari zone because they where so rare and needed protection).

Ive always wondered about this, I remember in G/S you can get Militank milk, from a farmer, (and he doesn't have cows, only militanks) so I would assume he just uses them for milk, (although this could be untrue). But I imagine that if there are milk farmers for Militank, there would be Meat farmers too. We say there are only 380-ish pokemon, but there are probably many different varities, and breeds of these, with different patterns, colours, (as seen with Red Gyarados) etc. Harking back to the Militank example, there might be some milk producing ones, (like a Jersey cow) or ones more suited for being made into meat, (like an Angus cow).

Lol, I guess im reading too much into it

Cheres Liam

Whenever a character is shown eating or cooking meat, either the source was obviously a real-world animal, like a lobster or a fish, or it was simply not mentioned. This leads me to believe that most, if not all of the meat they eat merely comes from regular animals.

It's just hard to comprehend that people could eat such intelligent creatures, whom many consider as friends and companions. Not to mention this intelligence, paired with their attacks and abilities enable them to fight back if someone would try to harm them - advantages a chicken or a cow don't have. Knowing that real animals do exist in the Pokémon world, it would be much easier, and much less disturbing to just eat normal animals.

I'd have to go with what was written in this one fic I found. I warn you now, it's Shoujo-ai/Yuri, and a little LEMON-y, but you can probably skip over those parts. This is the part I'd refer to about this:

""Spearow, right?"

Misty nodded. "One of the only pokemon I don't mind eating," she
agreed with a touch of malice, "Those things are just vicious!"

"So much for no pokemon being innately malevolent," Miranda
chuckled, grabbing a plate and putting together and proper fajita,
"Although I'd argue that that umbreon we saw tonight wasn't
exactly Miss Congeniality."

"The glowing red eyes threw me off," agreed Misty with a shudder,
reaching for a plate as well, only to have Miranda hand her fajita
one she'd been putting together, "Thanks."

"Hey, you made it," replied Miranda with a loving smile as she
went about fixing one for herself, "And anyway, I wouldn't let red
eyes throw me off if I were you. Bulbasaurs have red eyes."

"Yeah, that's true," agreed Misty as Miranda poked at the
guacamole skeptically, "But bulbasaurs are cute. And they make
flowers grow and stuff."

Miranda chuckled at the thought. "Cute?" she inquired, giving
Misty an amused look.

"Mmm, hm!" assured Misty, nodding with a mouthful of fajita.

"Well, I have heard that they're quite loyal, I can't argue with
that," pondered Miranda, taking a bite of her food and chewing
thoughtfully as Misty swallowed hard and reiterated her statement.

"In a strange, lizard with a flower growing out of its back kinda
way," she said thoughtfully before glancing mysteriously at her
food, holding the fajita to her ear and whispering quietly out of
the corner of her mouth, "Bulbasaur!" causing Miranda to cover her
mouth laughing.

"Last I checked, their on the 'No' list in cerulean as far as
eating goes," she replied with a smile as Misty gave her fajita an
alarmed look and took another bite, "Something about 'sufficient
sentience' or something?"

Misty nodded as she finished chewing and swallowed. "Yes," she
agreed, suddenly remembering she'd forgotten to bring them
anything to drink, "It's only legal to consume certain types of
pokemon in most major cities. Even then they usually have to be
only up to a certain evolution and can only be hunted for food at
certain times of the year."
"

The fic's URL is http://www.shoujoai.com/fanfics/?series=pokemon&fanfic=cerulean&parte=1
and it also happens to be a sequal to another fic. But that can be found in the author(ess?)'s profile.

I'd have to go with what was written in this one fic I found. I warn you now, it's Shoujo-ai/Yuri, and a little LEMON-y, but you can probably skip over those parts. This is the part I'd refer to about this:
that's actually a good theory, but why would they be eating sparrows?:D

That pudgy Pidgey ep made me think that Pidgey could possibly be like a chicken.

I think it's been getting so that the main anime characters are moving towards vegetarian-style cuisine to dodge the issue (though Pokémon byproducts such as Moo Moo Milk are still allowed).

Still, it's hard to determine whether Pokémon can be used as meat sources. In any event, most would consider it highly appalling (as you are killing a Pokémon, thus disrespecting it in a profound manner).

I've never seen a burger in a pokemon world...and i barely saw any restaraunts abd any real meat in pokemon anime and games...and manga.

Going back to the pokemon eating pokemon thing...I would assume that Zangoose eat Serviper. Seeing as Zangoose are based on Mongoose, that eat snakes...
Just a thought.

The reason stated in the show was "they're nothing but skin and bones! No meat!" So, no animal would go after it.

Except Pidgeot's Pokedex entry explicitly states it eats Magikarp.

Think wurmples get eaten a lot by things like tailow or whatever.

Could feebas be eaten like magikarp?

Deep fried Magikarp anyone? Wait... actually who wants garydos? Its fine as long as you don't mind dragon breath and a ice fang or two...

Actually, I have often wondered if pokeomn could be killed, (I know they can die, mt pyre etc proves that) but seeing them battle with eachother, does prove they are very resistant to being killed (But some pokemon can eat other pokemon so proves they can be eaten and killed) but by humans can they be killed?

I guess by now we've already established the fact that Pokemon do get eaten, though which Pokemon and by what tend to vary.

With that said, is it too out of the question to be under the assumption that there are 'relatives' of more well known Pokemon that were at some point domesticated solely for the purpose of being eaten? After all, based on the anime, many of the newer Pokemon are treated as though they've been around forever, so isn't it possible for there to be 'Pokemon' or at least creatures that branched from the same tree as Pokemon, but were not seen because the whole point of the games and its spin-offs to display a friendship with the creatures?

Actually, I have often wondered if pokeomn could be killed, (I know they can die, mt pyre etc proves that) but seeing them battle with eachother, does prove they are very resistant to being killed (But some pokemon can eat other pokemon so proves they can be eaten and killed) but by humans can they be killed?
Well, during the Kanto region games, the Lavander town storyline mentions about Pokemon that had been killed by Team Rocket.
So, it would be fairly plausable.

The pokemon that I know off the top of my head that were attempted to be eaten by people were Krabby and Magikarp. While not really being attempted to be eaten, Ash did worry that Krabby would be eaten by Prof. Oak. And Meowth tried to eat Magikapr after the St. Anne sank.

Pokemon do eat other pokemon as well (Pidgeotto tried to eat Caterpie) and Miltank's milk is still consumed too. So I guess like animals, pokemon can eaten too

Pokemon are supposedly more inteligent and have more reasoning than animals. Therefore, while you could eat them, it's not considered something too respectful or something.
It might be like eating some animals like uhh dolphins or monkeys.

Then again, some pokemon might eat humans as well, as they eat other pokemon. So maybe it isn't that bad to eat other pokemon. In fact magicarp could be perfectly eaten if it were edible. And Gyarados could eat a human if it happens to be in its food.

Also, there can be normal animals in the world of pokemon. So probably that's what gets eaten normally by both pokemon and humans. Humans eating pokemon and the other way doesn't seem like something that'd happen usually.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom