• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do pokemon get eaten?

I highly doubt that the Pokemon world outside of civilization is a peaceful place. As much as you might say otherwise, pokemon are indeed animals, with instincts. They're simply animals that are more than beasts.

In the untapped wilderness, I'm sure Pokemon kill and eat each other plenty.

Probably. If Pokemon are the only 'animals' in the Pokemon world, they'll be the only meat available. But then I go back to episode 2 of Pokemon, where Ash dressed up as a cow and did his corny joke. Maybe both animals and Pokemon coexist together, but you don't really find animals in the wild, since they're maybe eaten by both Pokemon and humans? I don't know.

After the first season, we didn't see too many references to "real animals" however.

Maybe for Omnivorous or Herbivorous Pokemon like Tauros, Miltank, or Raticate (first names to pop into my head), but seriously, do you think a Gyarados with all it's sharp, pointy teeth is an Herbivore?

This thread's more about humans eating Pokemon than Pokemon eating Pokemon, as that is already established in game to be true

lol

Actually, I believe what bub777 meant was that the first Pokemon eaten in show was a worm eaten by a Pidgeotto. I didn't realize there was a Pokemon called Worm. And it couldn't have been Wurmple as their kind didn't exist yet.

Of course. >_>

At that time, unless you wanted to see a Caterpie about to be eaten, I think a worm would of been the best option.

the first pokemon eaten was by pigeotto which was a worm

WTF?

Isn't it possible that there are some domesticated Pokemons that are raised and bred as lobotomized versions of the originals? This would definitely settle a bunch of things.

I might just win this thread(something I say in brawl central). I don't know if it has been brough up, but anyone remember the Veilstone Myth from DP library? This guy finds a sword and uses it to kill and eat pokemon, then a pokemon convices him this is wrong. Im actually suprised that they would put that the game. Here is a link to the article. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sinnoh_myths

Well, when Misty scolded Ash for sending out a Caterpie to catch a bird-type Pokemon ("Birds eat worms, Mr. Pokemon Master!!"), I assumed that some Pokemon eat others. They're glorified animals, so there's gotta be some kind of food chain going on. It would be unavoidable in the wild. In the case of people eating them, however, I would imagine it might be used in poor areas or as a special delicacy for the rich (if watching Iron Chef and Top Chef has taught me anything, it's that people will each almost ANYTHING), if used at all.

I just can't see Ash knowingly eating a Pokemon (such as a miltank burger or smoked goldeen) since he loves them so much (well, OK, there was the St. Anne episode, but still... I think it was the desperation talking). Since there's "real" fish that I've seen there's gotta be other "real" animals. Eating a Pokemon would be like eating your pet dog, you know?

Last edited:
Even Giovanni will eat this pokemon:
Then again, anyone would eat someone with bananas around their neck.
:banana::banana::banana:

But, maybe, like in some animals, pokemon aren't exactly hunted by humans, but raised to be food? Like... Salmon ---> Goldeen thus not endangering the species to extinction. So, maybe some Squirtles are 'raised and breed for turtle soup. And some Pidgeys as broiler. Thus the wild ones would stay for the trainers to catch.... just a theory though

I think there are real animals in the Pokemon world... the mongoose in one of the episodes, although created by Gastly seems to hint at that possibility... And thus it’s possible that not all meat base food is made of Pokemon… But on the other hand The Pokedex did say Farfetch’d was considered a delicacy… so Pokemon apparently get eaten every now and then at least…

Do Pokemon get eaten?

vlcsnap493216eo0.png

According to episode 2 and P-O Subs, they do.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom