• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do pokemon get eaten?

Really late for this but I remember seeing one episode where Meowth tried to eat a Magikarp and its teeth broke. That leads me to believe that Pokemon ARE eaten, because if Meowth tried to eat a Magikarp, it must mean that other Pokemon are eaten as well.

before Ash caught Charmander, there were a group of Spearos that looked like they were waiting for it to die so they could eat it.

The inconsistencies get me.
Pokemon are near-sentient creatures and human beings have the nerve to eat them >:O

Might I remind everyone, as I had commented earlier, that it has already been established that Pokemon eat Pokemon. What this thread has been attempting to be a debate for was whether Humans eat Pokemon.

As Third Wheel Spectacular pointed out, in the library at Canalave in Sinnoh there are two texts stating that Humans do. As this has been established by the game and, as some have pointed out, the anime, I believe the case is closed in favor of "Yes, humans do eat Pokemon" with a side note of "And Pokemon eat each-other too"

as some one has already pointed out there's already a refrence in the game to possable victrebell eating humans here's another in the anime. jessie james and meouwth were hanging from a tree or was it a boat that just happened to be in the middle of a waterfall (yeah i know kind of fakey but it definetely happened.) and a garados kept leaping at them and trying to bite them. the obvios conclusion since they weren't shown angerying it is that garados thought they looked pretty tasty. garados eventually blasted them off by accident i think any ways i imagine pokemon as glorified animals take a very intellectual survival of the fitess approach. i don't want to die i am going to try and avoid dieing and as long as i am still alive i am going to fight to get a way but at the same time if another of my kind is killed or i am unable to get away and am killed it;s perfectly natural as long as i or it am used for food. thereful as long as i/other of my kind is used for food i/other of my kind who is still alive won't go looking for vengence even though we are intellgent creatures capable of getting angery if said creature isn't used for food. humans some of them at least might take this approach to as it's stated that wild pokemon are dangerous and there are some instances of pokemon trying to eat humans (the garados trying to eat team rocket and the araidos trying to eat dawn and piplup) but not really any reprisalls from humans.

I'd say no. What about berries, anyway? And there is possibility of the presence of tofu and/or regualar animals that aren't Pokemon.

People need to stop being in denial, or atleast form a valid arguement supported by information given in the games or any other canon.

I'd say no. What about berries, anyway? And there is possibility of the presence of tofu and/or regualar animals that aren't Pokemon.
Where is the basis for your view? You should back up your opinion with facts or references that are canon? I agree with "L" on this, stop being in denial over this...

Earlier,when I was playing Diamond,I noticed there was 2 book that's that referenced to Pokemon eating in the libary in that sea town.One was about eating fish pokemon,and the other was about a guy who killed and usually didn't eat the pokemon.
And in the anime,they referenced quite a bit of times to people pokemon eating...And of course they referenced to pokemon eating pokemon in the games,with all the prey things,and they even said it straight foward.The anime has made reference to that too..So,I'm more then sure pokemon are eaten,but I think not that many people do anymore in their world.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom