• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do Pokemon Makers Regret Raichu Creation?

Do Pokemon Makers Regret Raichu Creation?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rare Candy

Want them in PokeMart?
Reaction score
So what do you think?

Such a cute and famous Pokemon like Pikachu, evolves into an orange ugly mouse (<-personal opinion). I guess Game Freak hates Raichu.

Everyone have different opinions. While some may think that raichu is an ugly mouse, some thinks differently, so you can't say that Gamefreak regrets making raichu.

They've made Raichu plush toys, Raichu cards, Raichu figures. They've made money off Raichu. So no, they wouldn't.

I adore Raichu. I think Raichu is really, really cute, actually. If I had to pick between a Pikachu and a Raichu toy, I'd pick Raichu every time.

So....no. I dont think they do.

Nope. I don't think GameFreak regretted creating Raichu (even though it has less popularity than Pikachu).

It was not originally in their plan for Pikachu to get all the attention. Besides, just because you think Raichu is bad doesn't mean that Gamefreak intended it that way. If anything, they may be praising Raichu with the fact that it's been shown to be stronger than Pika many times. True, Pika always defeats it, but it is unquestionable this is supposed to be an underdog overcoming adversity. Besides, I have not yet met the person who would rather not evolve Pika. I know Pika is more popular, but Raichu is by no means ignored, and Gamefreak certainly did not intend it to be so.

Raichu is stronger than pikachu in the game so once pikachu learns the moves I want it evolves. Now pikachu is much cuter than raichu. :p

So what do you think?

Such a cute and famous Pokemon like Pikachu, evolves into an orange ugly awesome ass-kicking mouse angel of electricy, mousey death. I guess Game Freak hates loves Raichu.

Fixed that for you

Okay then I guess I'm the only one that doesn't like Raichu >_>

But still, if Game Freak had the chance to delete (or replace) some Pokemon from the games, I think Raichu would be one of them.

Fixed that for you

This. About 100 times over.

Raichu is my favorite pokemon, hands down. I'm glad they decided to upgrade the little rodent to something so manly, yet, at the same time, delicate enough for a female to handle.

Surely, when creating Raichu, Gamefreak took a step back, gasped, and fainted at the sight. They must have thought, "My.....god....how did we create something so....majestic? There is no possible way for us to improve upon it's design or composture....we must just....leave this thing be. To think....that ugly, pudgy rat turns into this!? I-it's just...unfathomable...Surely, owners of the disgraceful Pikachu will INSTANTLY transform it into this beautiful god send. But Wait! If we make it too easy for just anyone to posses, then the world will be over run with them! We can't possible have so much concentrated awesomeness in one place, can we? The earth....well, it would simply implode! No no, we must make this creature harder to obtain....."

And thus, Pikachu requires a Thunder Stone to evolve.

That and the whole merchandise thing - I doubt they regret making Raichu.

They regret making Raichu because you don't like it.

That makes sense.

looks aside raichu should be stronger given the dominance of pikachu in the tv series

Okay then I guess I'm the only one that doesn't like Raichu >_>

But still, if Game Freak had the chance to delete (or replace) some Pokemon from the games, I think Raichu would be one of them.

Why? Sure, Raichu isn't a popular as Pikachu or Pichu, but that's because Gamefreak marketed Pikachu and Pichu more.

What makes you think GF would replace Raichu?

I don't think Game Freak regrets making anything besides Jynx, and that's only because of the "blackface" controversy.

Why? Sure, Raichu isn't a popular as Pikachu or Pichu, but that's because Gamefreak marketed Pikachu and Pichu more.

What makes you think GF would replace Raichu?

Actually, Pichu and Pikachu look very similar. Raichu doesn't. Maybe Raichu being yellow would've been much better...

Some kid who never played Pokemon, saw Pikachu, and he liked it, then he buys the game.. gets his first starter, and he soon learns that Pokemon evolve.. then he goes to catch his first Pikachu, tries to evolve him, and he can't. After some time he finds out that Pikachu evolves with a Thunder Stone, he has a hard time finding it, and he finally finds the Thunder Stone, and uses it, expecting to see a very... (Wtf has happened to my Pikachu)... he's desperate. I'm sure he won't like it.

Then the story continues.

seriosly raichu is waaaaayyy better than pikachu I like how he looks way better too!

Actually, Pichu and Pikachu look very similar. Raichu doesn't. Maybe Raichu being yellow would've been much better...

Some kid who never played Pokemon, saw Pikachu, and he liked it, then he buys the game.. gets his first starter, and he soon learns that Pokemon evolve.. then he goes to catch his first Pikachu, tries to evolve him, and he can't. After some time he finds out that Pikachu evolves with a Thunder Stone, he has a hard time finding it, and he finally finds the Thunder Stone, and uses it, expecting to see a very... (Wtf has happened to my Pikachu)... he's desperate. I'm sure he won't like it.

Then the story continues.

To find out that Pikachu evolves with a Thunderstone, he'd have to be aware that it evolves into a Raichu. Every guide book ever has pictures of the pokemon that evolve.

To find out that Pikachu evolves with a Thunderstone, he'd have to be aware that it evolves into a Raichu. Every guide book ever has pictures of the pokemon that evolve.

In your case, the boy does not evolve his Pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom