• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do Psychic-types use their brain as the source of their power, or demons?

However, Psychic-type trainers are shown levitating Pokéballs and doing various other unnatural feats that would obviously require the use of demonic assistance (just some examples being Psychic Sayid and Psychic Robert on Kalos route 10), so that could also mean that their Pokémon do the same.

Levitating objects is done by means of telekinesis which is a mind power. It has nothing to do with demonic forces.

Last edited:
Is just mind power, I hate when people think Telekinesis and Demonic Force is the same thing, well is not.

Um. Like everyone said, brain power. This is especially obvious with mons like Alakazam and Metagross which are explicitly said to have high intelligence. Psychokinesis, PK, TK, it'ss all about manipulating things without physically doing it, it's done with the mind and strong will.
I don't really see the demonic connection your trying to make here. If anything I'd say it's the opposite.

Definitely brain power. Alakazam is said to have extremely high IQ - which means his brain power is overwhelming. Metagross is highly intelligent - better than a super computer as well.

As for demonic power... maybe Houndoom (hell hound), or Froslass (a yokai) would use something like those, but not Psychic types.

Then again, there's Malamar... :/

Keep in mind that these games are Japanese in origin. In Japan, psychics are generally viewed in a far more positive light than the rest of the world, to the point where their powers are frequently seen as being divine in origin. They're typically depicted fighting off demons in stories, so there's little reason to assume that Psychic-type Pokémon get their powers through demonic means.

I think psychic types get their psychic powers from brains. But i wonder why dark and ghost types learn so many psychic moves.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom