• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do they revive people like Fossils?

hehey

Reaction score
I dont know if this has been wondered or discussed before, but you know how they can revive fossils in this world, how about people who die?

(also, why do they got poke graveyards?)

I think it makes sense that they can clone the thing from a fossil and create a new individual of the same species, but they can't revive the original.

I mean, the laboratory where they revived fossiles is in cinnabar, which is where they cloned Mewtwo. The two proyects could easilly be related.

Right. I'm pretty sure they are cloning organisms, not reviving them.

Well, fossils take a long time to form, and they're like perserved forms of the pokemon. Someone would have to preserve their body for millions of years, and why would anyone want to be revived then?

Well, fossils take a long time to form, and they're like perserved forms of the pokemon. Someone would have to preserve their body for millions of years, and why would anyone want to be revived then?

I'd love to see if they get the LHC up and running by them.

It seems that all it is is cloning. They are taking preserved DNA (would any exist?) and replicating it. They could technically do the same with people, but I doubt they would want to.

DNA could be preserved in some situations. Usually too much is damaged or missing, and we don't currently have a way to clone from plain DNA (we need a functioning cell, or at least nucleus I believe). However, that's a pretty small venture from reality compared to what the universe usually does.
I'd love to see if they get the LHC up and running by them.
Oh, but if that happened, the planet would be destroyed by a black hole anyway. :rolleyes:

DNA could be preserved in some situations. Usually too much is damaged or missing, and we don't currently have a way to clone from plain DNA (we need a functioning cell, or at least nucleus I believe). However, that's a pretty small venture from reality compared to what the universe usually does.Oh, but if that happened, the planet would be destroyed by a black hole anyway. :rolleyes:

Oh far from it. I took a molecular genetics class (bad memories) this year and the code for every cell is in a single strand of DNA. It would not take much to clone something. And following the logic of pokemon, they are lightyears ahead of us.

"I forgot. Lightyears measures distance, not time."

Oh I didn't say it's impossible, I just said we can't do it yet. Or possibly we can, but that'd be news to me.

Well they seem to have advance technology in the Pokémon World, so it's possible. I mean in every major region aside from Johto they've been able to revive Pokémon from fossils, and they cloned out Mewtwo.

Oh far from it. I took a molecular genetics class (bad memories) this year and the code for every cell is in a single strand of DNA. It would not take much to clone something. And following the logic of pokemon, they are lightyears ahead of us.

"I forgot. Lightyears measures distance, not time."

Why do Humans still hath asthma then? Wally. Not Beyond the impssible.

Why do Humans still hath asthma then? Wally. Not Beyond the impssible.

Was wally revived from a fossil? I'm not saying that the pokemon world allows people to be genetically altered prior to being born. Even our society has issues like that. This is not about genetic engineering, this is about cloning dna from a fossil. Obviously the cloning is different than real-world cloning since it takes next to no time to clone something.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom