• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do warnings and Infractions ever expire?

Riku

Reaction score
I'm still a newbie here, as I don't come on very much, and don't know the intricacies of everything yet. Do your warnings and infractions ever disappear. I have a warning that expired last month, but its still on my infractions page, I was wondering if it will eventually disappear after a period of time has elapsed, or if it will be there for my whole time on Bulbagarden.

Yes, they expire, but they never disappear from the list. And no, expired points don't count towards a ban.

it will be there, but no-one can see infractions anyway except for mods and admins I think.
repeated infractions in the same catogory will increase the amounts given, so I think they leave them so they can keep track.

Edit: Crap, ninja'd

Ok thank you for clearing that up for me. I have one final question, if in the future say a year from now, I applied to become one of the staff would 2 small warnings affect my chances?

We consider everything we can see about a user, including past warnings and infractions. But two old warnings obviously carry less weight than recent active, useful, constructive posts.

Is 1 point serious? I mean, so far I've got 1 infraction point and its for a minor thing (double post.) I remember reading somewhere if you got a certain number of points you were banned, which is kind of worrying that I'm on 1 already. I can't seem to find that page again, I have looked, and so I was wondering how many points it is until a ban, and are infraction points like warnings, do they expire too?

Is 1 point serious? I mean, so far I've got 1 infraction point and its for a minor thing (double post.) I remember reading somewhere if you got a certain number of points you were banned, which is kind of worrying that I'm on 1 already. I can't seem to find that page again, I have looked, and so I was wondering how many points it is until a ban, and are infraction points like warnings, do they expire too?

I think all infraction from 10 to up are major infractions, but for info just visit the Rules thread,

Riku said:
Ok thank you for clearing that up for me. I have one final question, if in the future say a year from now, I applied to become one of the staff would 2 small warnings affect my chances?

Not really. In fact, you can prove yourself mod-worthy as long as you make useful posts recently before consideration for modship. (I'm sure that could make more sense...)

Take for example, PorygonZ, who I think is now Virtual-Z. He made an ass of himself (I think he was browsing drunk or something... the thread's in a forum that can only be viewed by mods) and ended up with a ban last summer, then got his mod powers back within a MONTH.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom