• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you actually take time to clean your badges?

pokechamp116

THE ULTIMATE PSYCHO
Reaction score
In the newer games, you can polish your gym badges. does anyone actually take the time to clean those things? I only do on special occasions when I'm trying to show off.

I agree, I only do it at those times too. It's a cute feature but that's about it.

Younger kids would love it though. It brings them closer to the anime, you know, whenever Ash would take the time out of his training scheduale just to polish them?

I do occasionally. I hate to see them get dirty, but at the same time, it's kind of pointless, so I'm at a strange conflict of interests.

^_^ I like hearing the notes make an octave. I'm a music nerd like that. So yeah, I polish them.

I do it whenever I look at my trainer card, which isn't too often. But I've been known to borrow my friends' versions and shine their badges when they're not looking though.

Only during the playthrough.

One has to wonder how they get so dirty in a sealed case.

I do on occasion, I won't let them get too dirty so it's a mini-habitat I have every now and then. XD

Never do. Might as well of put lumps of coal in their place.

Wait, taping on them is polishing them? I thought it was used to play musical numbers...

I do it every now and then. Because I hate to see them be all dirty and grimy.

I'm a freak for cleanliness, so I clean them whenever they're dirty enough.

Only during the playthrough.

One has to wonder how they get so dirty in a sealed case.
That's a intersting point. How do they get dirty?

I would understand it if the player was constantly showing them off or something...

Rust.

Surfing, walking/biking through rainy areas I imagine would get the badge case exposed to moisture. I get the impression the badge cases aren't quite airtight.

^_^ I like hearing the notes make an octave. I'm a music nerd like that. So yeah, I polish them.
Yeah, well have you ever deliberately left the Cobble, Mine and Icicle badges partially unpolished so it made a minor scale? If you haven't, I win. :3

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom