• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you agree with N and Team Plasma's intentions?

Do you think Pokemon should be separated from Humans?

• Yes, it's wrong.

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • No, Pokemon like being our partners.

Votes: 61 92.4%

• Total voters

Oshawhat!?

No Miju. Osh*****
Reaction score
As far as we know, both N and Team Plasma intend on separating Humans and Pokemon, saying that owning Pokemon is cruel. Now I was wondering, do you guys agree with what they say? Personally in a way I do. Think about it; you're an Empoleon living with your mate and baby Piplups. Then comes someone from the League, and captures your babies to give as Starter Pokemon.

Now I know that probably isn't what happens, Starters are probably bred, but it has to happen once and awhile when a Pokemon is captured against its will. So I ask you, do you agree that Pokemon should be separated from humans?

It's kind of like agreeing with PETA. If dogs were treated like humans, they'd have to use public bathrooms to piss. That's just retarded. Anyways, Team Plasma has KKK ultraconservatism written all over them. It's the terrorist counterculture from hell!

I really couldn't give a toss.

I'm sure there'll be some malarky made up about how humans and Pokemon coexisting together helps both species to grow into better lives. But does it matter to me? Heck no.

The fun part is how you lump N and Team Plasma together, however if those characters were given a voice I'm sure they would argue their differences. Even amongst the naysayers there will be dissenting opinions. Your perception on the issue matters very little to them.

I mostly agree that Pokemon like being partners with Humans, and that it isn't wrong to catch them, but on the other hand I remember Pokemon like Charmander and Chimchar. The Charmander in the beginning of the series was treated so horribly, that it almost died outside in the rain. Wouldn't it have been better of if Humans never interacted with it? But then I guess it would have never met Ash....

It's all very confusing, but I have a feeling we'll learn more about it in B/W.

Edit: 150th Post, WOOT!

Their intentions are good, but they're going about this all the wrong way. Pokemon & humans have gotten along just fine in the games & that won't change. Hell, if it weren't for humans, some Pokemon wouldn't be able to evolve (Eevee into Espeon & Umbreon, Riolu into Lucario, Budew into Roselia, etc.) or even exist (Castform, Porygon-line, Mewtwo, etc.). It's like how in real life some people don't wanna do things that risk endangering nature (hunt, tear down forests, etc.) because all those animals would suffer. I think that's how N & Plasma started, but somehow got really confused along the way.

I mostly agree that Pokemon like being partners with Humans, and that it isn't wrong to catch them, but on the other hand I remember Pokemon like Charmander and Chimchar. The Charmander in the beginning of the series was treated so horribly, that it almost died outside in the rain. Wouldn't it have been better of if Humans never interacted with it? But then I guess it would have never met Ash....
Well then I'm sure that would be the basis of their reasoning on their side of the argument.

Of course, characters representing the other side would probably mention something about risks vs. reward, and how even though there's the chance a trainer could be abusive towards a Pokemon, ultimately not all trainers, and in fact people, are like that. It would almost be akin to falling in love, that the experience of being with a human is better, whether negative or positive, in the long run since it promotes growth, and not having that experience makes a Pokemon feel empty.

no, because if the pokemon were angry enough they'd turn on their masters. wait, does this mean N and team plasma don't have/use pokemon?
sorry i don't know anything

Well if they think owning pokemon is cruel than how do they plan on stopping me from stopping them. Are they gonna try to get into a fist fight with my pokemon?

no, because if the pokemon were angry enough they'd turn on their masters. wait, does this mean N and team plasma don't have/use pokemon?
sorry i don't know anything
They definitely own Pokemon, which is completely bonkers considering that's what they're trying to stop. But I guess in their minds, owning Pokemon and using them for the greater good is what needs to be done.

As far as the games go, Pokemon seemingly like being captured against their will and being forced to fight each other for the fame and fortune of their trainers. So yeah, why not?

I wouldn't be on this forum if I agreed... besides, they're hypocrites.

All bad things that have happened in the series to legendary pokemon so far are because humans separated themselves from pokemon and broke their friendship.

The pokemon at the towers, the golems being sealed... Everything is about humans and pokemon not trusting each other.

So you can bet that separating pokemon and humans is a very bad idea.

Instead, humans and pokemon should learn to live together better. If we take PMD2 as a posible alternate universe, humans and pokemon there (in the future) have learned to work together very closely. (Even though their world is ruined and all they can do is struggle to survive enough to destroy their own existence for a better one.)

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom