• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you buy both versions

It kind of depends on the game for me. Usually, I don't buy them both at once, waiting later to buy them. The one time I bought them both Day 1, was Sun and Moon, since I had both preordered since I wasn't sure which I anted to start first. I owned both X and Y, and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. But, I currently only have Ultra Moon, and for now, I'm planning to only get Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu.

Yes. Mainly for collection purposes. The first pair I bought at the same time was HGSS, then ORAS 4 years later. Now I have completed my collection of all core handheld titles (aside from Green).

I always get two versions. And, often, two game systems. This is usually because I can't build the team I want with just one version.

Nah. I only buy one version because I know someone who always gets the opposite of what I want. We trade whenever we want something and its all brilliant and far less pricey. (y)

Depends. For remakes I usually just get one but for main series games I always get physical copies of both versions so I can freely transfer items between the two if needed. Also so I can get all of the Pokemon myself of course.

I always choose the second version ever since my first game, Pearl, since my brother got Diamond. Its been a habit since. But no I don't buy the other version, because I think its defeating one of the main points of Pokemon. Its not even that hard to get exclusives anymore; just put a version exclusive on the GTS and someone will trade with you very soon.

No. It was hard enough in the past to convince my parents to just buy me ONE video game.

Nowadays? I have a husband, and we always get the opposite version of each other. Honestly though, once Wi-Fi trading came out, it kind of rendered it pointless anyway for the most recent generations. But I never was one who cared too much about completing the Pokedex or experiencing every little difference.

I always buy both versions. I'm pretty antisocial and my boyfriend doesn't really play Pokemon so I basically just have myself to trade with. Nowadays I have some friends to trade with but they're all getting Eevee version and I love Eevee, so if I want everything I still have to get both. :p Plus this way I can trade version exclusives from Pikachu version to my friends.

Used to do that but I forgot already.
But I buy both versions separately now. I just got Ultra Sun for making an alternate account.

I got gold silver and crystal, as did my brother for some reason. I think we got the opposite version we originally got a while later and both got crystal because it was different and my mom always got us the 'new' pokemon games in some form. The first time I bought games both at once were Ruby and Sapphire... and it was at this point I got soured at the pokemon games and didn't touch them again until Heart Gold and Soul Silver, in which I only bought SS. I got a copy of fire red and leaf green because they were for sale for like a dollar at a used games store.

But nowadays? No way in hell am I buying two of the same game at the same time. If I find a cheap copy of the version I don't have used, I might get it years down the line for storing pokemon or for nuzlockes. Otherwise, hell naw. I aint got the kinda money to waste on that.

What's funny is I always seem to prefer the 'cold color' version. Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Diamond, Soul Silver, Black, X, Moon, Ultra Moon...

I want to get both versions of a particular game, but I know I realistically will get only one without bothering to touch the other. As such, it feels kind of like a waste to get the other version in the first place except for collecting reasons.

I have all 4 gen 1 games, Gold and Crystal, all of the R/S/E series but only FR, all of the gen 4 games, Black and Black 2, X (though I'll probably buy Y at some point), AS, and all the gen 7 games.

Eventually I would like the entire collection, though my funds won't allow me to for a while... ^^;

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom