• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Do you care about Natures?

Release or keep?

• Yes, I'd release it.

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • Nah, I can work around it.

Votes: 57 67.1%

• Total voters

HerbieHero

Reaction score
Natures are an important factor in the competitive Pokes I raise. In-game? Not that much.

That's pretty much my philosophy too. For in-game teams, I'll just use whatever I catch first. My methods for preparing competitive teams are sufficiently different from that, that the "guilt" of releasing Pokemon doesn't really enter into it, because catching a particular Pokemon is just an extension of examining that specimen more closely for desirable traits--because of breeding, I know that a Pokemon I catch will rarely-if-ever become the actual Pokemon that goes onto my team.

Camille

Call of Fate
Reaction score
I don't really hunt for perfect Natures for in-game playthroughs, but I try to avoid Natures that are obviously hindering the Pokemon, such as Modest Gyarados or Impish Empoleon.

Gengarzilla

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes. Ever since I figures out what natures do for a Pokémon's stats, this has been my go-to reaction. Admittedly I did tone it down a tad with Shield but only because I knew farming mints in the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra would allow me to actively correct such imperfections eventually.

Even then though, my initial BD team was once again obsessively nature-farmed because now mints were purely postgame and this Pokémon League is not to be approached frivolously. If they're gonna come packing optimised natures and EV spreads then I must take those same preparations; this is outright non-negotiable in that case. I'm not throwing "good enough" natures and "haphazard" EV spreads up against BDSP's Cynthia and her Elite Four.

CharizardFan7

Though I'm also a Blaziken fan
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Absolutely, ever since I found out what natures do (and their benefits,) I've sought out Pokemon with good natures to an almost obsessive degree (and this is in-game too, mind you.) I just......can't use a Pokemon with a bad nature anymore, it would bug me immensely if I did. It might even be a slight OCD thing that I have to search for Pokemon with a good nature. Hell, over the last week I nigh-obssesively sought out Poliwag with a good nature/IVs (yep, I do that too now,makes me extra crazy :LOL:,) at Brooklet Hill in Pokemon Sun, which I'm currently replaying.

Crisbee Donut

Miridin'
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
In BDSP I had to look at Natures for the first time because my Chimchar's damage output was not enough to even grind. I almost resetted for a better one, but a Quick Claw made the situation easier to handle.

CharizardFan7

Though I'm also a Blaziken fan
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
In BDSP I had to look at Natures for the first time because my Chimchar's damage output was not enough to even grind. I almost resetted for a better one, but a Quick Claw made the situation easier to handle.
I'm the type of person who would reset the game over and over to get a good nature, especially for the starter. The starter's probably the most important Pokemon to me in that regard.

R1ke

D U C K
Reaction score
In a casual playthrough not really, unless it’s something damaging like adamant for a special attacker or smth

Top Bottom