• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you care what Poké Balls you catch Pokémon with?

Sometimes I think to myself that it might be cool if they introduced type-themed Balls for every type with maybe a 1.5x or 2x catch rate on Pokémon of that type, but then I kinda wonder if that would maybe be too bland and standardized. I kind of admire the creativity and room for personal interpretation that people find in trying to match the existing Balls to certain aesthetics.
If they do that, then I'll start caring about which type of balls I use. Thanks, OCD.

Actually, yes I am. It's really cool to me if you have a rare higher level Pokemon, which should be hard to catch, in a regular Pokeball.

I typically try to catch then in Pokeballs, but for special catches I will resort to using a great or ultra ball instead.

Whenever it's possible; I try to cram my Pokemon in Poke Balls that would fit their color scheme (Ex: Azelf=Great Ball; Centiskorch=Repeat Ball)

I do occasionally just go with what's practical, though. Once, I eventually just used a Dive Balls on a Shiny Wailord back in a Wild Area Even when it continued to just exhaust all my Heal Balls.

Because we currently can't change the Poké Balls our Pokémon are in, I've decided to pick functionality over style. I don't want to be irritating myself over trying to catch Articuno in a Dive Ball just because they're both blue.

Had a run in X where each Pokemon had a unique ball.

I did this once before too, and while it wreaked havoc on my need for consistency, I did at least like how it avoided the old in-universe logic headscratcher of "If all my Balls are the same model, how does my Trainer know they're pulling out the right one?"

Not really, unless I've got a near-guarantee to catch it no matter what ball I use. The one real exception to this is the time I decided to emulate Chuggaaconroy's catch of Groudon in his Emerald let's play, so I used a Nest Ball on Groudon when it was at nearly full health in Omega Ruby. Naturally, I caught it.

I am a mix of sticking to standard PokeBalls (PokeBall, Great Ball, Ultra Ball) and using those when it's appropriate depending on the playthrough, but I'll match if it's available. For example, in addition to my starter, usually the first new member on my team early in a playthrough will be caught in a PokeBall as well, the next 1-2 will be in Great Balls, and the 1-2 after that will be in Ultra Balls. I tend not to use my Master Ball unless I intentionally saved it to match the aesthetic of the "final legendary", NOT the mascot legendary, when I say final legendary, I mean more like Mewtwo in LGPE or XY, Deoxys in ORAS, things like that, the "M" matches Mewtwo perfectly and I almost always catch Mewtwos in Master Balls for that reason, and the dark purple/pink kind of scheme matches Deoxys and the Psychic-type rather well. Dusk Balls go on anything green of black, I LOVE catching Water-types in Dive Balls, I even caught Kyogre in a Dive Ball, and I typically put Groudons in either Premier or Timer Balls, as both match it's aesthetic at least in my opinion, I'll color match where I can and if I don't think there is a suitable PokeBall or if it's something dumb I'd have to go out of my way to get, like, a Heavy Ball or something, which isn't even technically legally obtainable in many games, I will just default to the good old Ultra Ball or Dusk Ball which are just generally the best PokeBalls to use to try to catch something.

Absolutely I care! Especially if im going to be breeding it or trading. Some Pokémon are just built for some specific Pokéballs! Who doesn’t want an Umbreon in a Moon ball? (●♡∀♡)

Yes. If I'm going to use them for a battling (or fpr that one time that I wanted an all-pink team, I had to use love balls/heal balls).
For in-game story and such I don't care.
Actually the story of my life lmao

For me, I always want to catch Emolga in an Ultra Ball, Marill line in Great Balls, or pink Pokemon (particularly Audino) in Heal Balls due to matching colour schemes. I also like most blue-coloured Pokemon in Dive Balls, especially if it's a Water-type.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom