• Snowy leaves Circhester and heads to Spikemuth. Watch here as his Rotom Bike learns to swim...somehow.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Do you change your Facebook profile picture to a Pokemon in December?

Do you change your profile picture to a Pokemon?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I have mixed emotions towards it, and wanted to see what other REAL pokemon fans thought about it.

Kanto King
Reaction score
Of course. Love to see who I know also does it.
Made this just for it.

Fairy Queen
Reaction score
Nope. I've never had a Facebook picture that isn't me at one point or another and I don't particularly intend to, but I am working on one for bulbagarden. :3

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? Why December specifically?

But in answer to the question: Nope. I only use photos of myself for my profile picture on FB.

Mari-yo Puyo
Reaction score
I don't see a reason to do it, because there's no reason to tell everyone I am a Pokemon fan.

Asking Topic Leader too: why December specifically?

Thanks for reading.

Fruit of Prosperity
Reaction score
@winstein @Hush

This is an ongoing thing that's been happening for years. I don't think anyone knows who started it but it's common knowledge that December is the month to make a Pokemon your profile picture. I've been doing it every year for the past 3-4 years.

Yeah I do it. At midnight on the 1st I switched over to a Volcarona cause that's my favorite. I think in a few days I'll find another picture of it and switch to that. I believe I switched to like 5 different Pokemon over the course of the month, judging by my profile pictures album, haha. But now I'm firmly obsessed with Volcarona so I'll just use a bunch of badass pictures of him.

Actually a Shaymin
Reaction score
I have my pic as Shaymin all year round.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I rarely ever go on Facebook, so no. Even if I used Facebook regularly, I don't think I'd do it due to having only one or two people on my Friends List knowing what Pokémon is, and recognising that it's not just for "kids".

realisation
Reaction score
Eh, I do have a Pokemon in my FB picture, but it's not the main image in the picture, and I changed it late November, so it wasn't intentional.
But, interesting tradition, nonetheless.

七パーセント
Reaction score
Not really I haven't ever thought of doing that tbh. I am a real Poke fanatic, but prefer to keep Facebook for well Facebook XD

Edit: Although I do link Pokemon related sites like this one to it all the time ^^

So you want to be a hero?
Reaction score
I did last year; I had a great beastly heracross on my profile. I haven't done it this year yet, though.

I poke your snoot
Reaction score
I do it every year and love it! It's usually the only time each year that my profile pic isn't of myself.

Feudal Articuno Man
Reaction score
I haven't... but I might just do so now. Hold on a second... yeah, it's up. Tornadus, actually. Did it last year with Hydregion, and the only reason I didn't do it immediately this year was because I hadn't had my profile picture as myself in a while and wanted to keep it up longer. Still, I think it's fun, and I don't mind everyone seeing - all my friends already know I'm a Pokemon nut.

Reaction score
I do, even though I don't really spend time on Facebook much. Mine this year is Infernape. It was a hard choice between Infernape and Serperior for me. Last year it was Pikachu!