• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you change your Facebook profile picture to a Pokemon in December?

Do you change your profile picture to a Pokemon?

• Total voters
Of course. Love to see who I know also does it.
Made this just for it.
golurk1.png

Nope. I've never had a Facebook picture that isn't me at one point or another and I don't particularly intend to, but I am working on one for bulbagarden. :3

Am I missing something here? Why December specifically?

But in answer to the question: Nope. I only use photos of myself for my profile picture on FB.

I don't see a reason to do it, because there's no reason to tell everyone I am a Pokemon fan.

Asking Topic Leader too: why December specifically?

Thanks for reading.

@winstein @Hush

This is an ongoing thing that's been happening for years. I don't think anyone knows who started it but it's common knowledge that December is the month to make a Pokemon your profile picture. I've been doing it every year for the past 3-4 years.

Yeah I do it. At midnight on the 1st I switched over to a Volcarona cause that's my favorite. I think in a few days I'll find another picture of it and switch to that. I believe I switched to like 5 different Pokemon over the course of the month, judging by my profile pictures album, haha. But now I'm firmly obsessed with Volcarona so I'll just use a bunch of badass pictures of him.

I rarely ever go on Facebook, so no. Even if I used Facebook regularly, I don't think I'd do it due to having only one or two people on my Friends List knowing what Pokémon is, and recognising that it's not just for "kids".

Eh, I do have a Pokemon in my FB picture, but it's not the main image in the picture, and I changed it late November, so it wasn't intentional.
But, interesting tradition, nonetheless.

Not really I haven't ever thought of doing that tbh. I am a real Poke fanatic, but prefer to keep Facebook for well Facebook XD

Edit: Although I do link Pokemon related sites like this one to it all the time ^^

I did last year; I had a great beastly heracross on my profile. I haven't done it this year yet, though.

I do it every year and love it! It's usually the only time each year that my profile pic isn't of myself.

I haven't... but I might just do so now. Hold on a second... yeah, it's up. Tornadus, actually. Did it last year with Hydregion, and the only reason I didn't do it immediately this year was because I hadn't had my profile picture as myself in a while and wanted to keep it up longer. Still, I think it's fun, and I don't mind everyone seeing - all my friends already know I'm a Pokemon nut.

I do, even though I don't really spend time on Facebook much. Mine this year is Infernape. It was a hard choice between Infernape and Serperior for me. Last year it was Pikachu!

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom