• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you consider Leaf and Green to be the same person?

Are Green and Leaf the same person?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
The title speaks for itself.

Comparing their designs, they do look like they could be the same person. Green's outfit compliments Leaf's outfit from FireRed/LeafGreen, and the hair design seems like they belong to the same character, although not necessarily. They fill in similar roles even though Green looks more like she was based on her manga counterpart than FireRed/LeafGreen's female player character.

An option could be that they are basically the same characters and given the fact that Leaf was never officially named until Kotobukiya's ARTFX J figurine.
Another option could be that they are based on the similar concepts of role, but different interpretations, so different people.
Another option could be that they are the same character for different continuities.

What are your thoughts?

Leaf is very clearly referring to the FRLG protagonist who is not Red

Green is a long story, it means different things in Japan and everywhere else, in between games and manga and other media, I would rather not ponder too much into all of that.

Nah. IMO Leaf ≠ LGPE Green. Of course they're similar, but they're completely distinct characters in my mind. Let's Go is in a very questionable spot continuity- and canon-wise, so I treat the two separately like I would any other cross-canon counterparts.

Personally, I always thought LGPE Green had more similarities to the Pokémon Special incarnation, so I figured she was moreso a nod to the manga character (or even the RG strategy guide character?) than she was to the FRLG protagonist.

The real question is, are Leaf and "Pokémon Trainer" from SSBU the same person, or not...? :unsure:

I think they’re the same people, they look alike, and Green (Blue in JP) in LGPE has same name as Green (Blue in JP) in manga along with starter (Blastoise)

I think they’re the same people, they look alike, and Green (Blue in JP) in LGPE has same name as Green (Blue in JP) in manga along with starter (Blastoise)
I think you're making a little mistake with your analysis here.
Green from LGPE's japanese name is Blue (ブルー). The manga Green's japanese name is also Blue (ブルー). However, Leaf's japanese name is Leaf (リーフ) (like you said). So she's like the manga counterpart but not like Leaf.
Blue : <span class="mw-page-title-main">ブルー (トレーナー)</span>
Green (manga) : <span class="mw-page-title-main">ブルー (ポケットモンスターSPECIAL)</span>
Leaf : <span class="mw-page-title-main">リーフ</span>

I think you're making a little mistake with your analysis here.
Green from LGPE's japanese name is Blue (ブルー). The manga Green's japanese name is also Blue (ブルー). However, Leaf's japanese name is Leaf (リーフ) (like you said). So she's like the manga counterpart but not like Leaf.
Blue : <span class="mw-page-title-main">ブルー (トレーナー)</span>
Green (manga) : <span class="mw-page-title-main">ブルー (ポケットモンスターSPECIAL)</span>
Leaf : <span class="mw-page-title-main">リーフ</span>
OH I see

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom