• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Do you enjoy the franchise a lot more now that you're older?

Nah, not possible.
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I do. While everyone still was crazy about Pokemon when I got into it, it's more enjoyable now. I have access to the internet and can do stuff like this on forums, arrange trades, collect rarities, and give myself some serious challenges like a Nuzlocke and enjoy it. A challenge is a lot more fun if you're very good at the normal game itself, imo. I appreciate the manga waaay more than I did when I was younger. Way back then, I didn't understand the concept of manga- the way it was read, how the pictures had no color, etc. Now, I can read through the original Pokemon Adventures and appreciate the darker themes, the clever battles, the right-to-left reading, and the remarkable artwork.

Last edited:
Dost thou talketh to me?
Reaction score
I feel like I enjoy it as much as I did when I was a kid. As a kid, I enjoyed thinking about what I didn't know in the game, but now I just enjoy playing the game and seeing what's in it. Either way I don't believe my enjoyment of the series has changed at all.

Zan! Testu! Ken!!
Reaction score
I was really obsessed with Pokemon when I was younger, I almost feel bad for talking about Pokemon to everyone I knew. xD I'd say I do like it better, because I feel much more mature and I appreciate every effort everyone put into making Pokemon possible.

the plasma pokemon
Reaction score
I think I liked it more when I was younger, and then when I hit middle school/high school, I just sorta lost interest in it. But then I sorta gained a new appreciation for it after high school. I still like it now, but I think I liked it more when I was in elementary school, & I just sorta gained a more appreciative outlook towards it in my older years.

Bzweeeep!!
Reaction score
I'm going to go with both yes and no. On one hand, it's a lot easier to get immersed in a world like Pokemon when you're a kid, and you live in Fictionland near constantly. On the other hand, getting older and learning new things has allowed me to appreciate a lot of design choices and references in the series that may have lost me when I was younger.

Itadakimasu!
Reaction score
I don't know about enjoying it more because I'm older. I think I'm as big a fan now that I was when I was a kid. However, I understand A LOT more about the series because I'm older.

Reaction score
I don't know about enjoying it more because I'm older. I think I'm as big a fan now that I was when I was a kid. However, I understand A LOT more about the series because I'm older.
This is exactly what I was going to say. I love it just as much now, the only difference is that now I understand more than I ever could have when I was a kid.

My Body Is Ready
Reaction score
This is exactly what I was going to say. I love it just as much now, the only difference is that now I understand more than I ever could have when I was a kid.
Same here, as you get older you know all of the Pokemon names and you can easily identify all Pokemon.

Itadakimasu!
Reaction score
Same here, as you get older you know all of the Pokemon names and you can easily identify all Pokemon.
Not just the names of the Pokemon, but the names and effects of the moves, the type advantages, the items, etc.