• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you even know what the above avatar is?

I'm gonna go with everybody else here and say Kamen Rider...which iirc is sort of like a Power Ranger, but it came first?
Technically, yes. The Japanese counterpart to Power Rangers, Super Sentai, began after Kamen Rider did - with its first series, Himitsu Sentai Goranger. The relative "meh" reaction to the second series, JAKQ Dengekitai, caused the creator - Shotaro Ishinomori (You may recognise the name as being the one behind Cyborg 009) - to stop working on Sentai directly. The other Ishinomori toku franchise, Kamen Rider, was more well received at the time, and he continued to work on shows up to Kamen Rider Black RX, then worked on several movies before his passing. Riders that had Ishinomori's involvement back at the time when they were broadcast are known as "Showa Riders", and those created after his passing (starting with Kuuga) are known as "Heisei Riders" despite the actual Heisei era already beginning by the time Shin, ZO and J came out.

And no, you haven't found out the Rider in my picture yet
b
I'll give you a hint: This form made its debut in the summer movie for Kamen Rider Double, and surprisingly enough, it's no-frills involved - CG effects are lacking compared to the usual Heisei Rider, and that's reflected in his battle style - no weapons, and only two finishers: Rider Punch, and Rider Kick.

The above avatar is a deer.

Something related to Kamen Rider

Looks like some sort of Kyurem like dragon

Video game character

Chidamari got it right

My first thought was Touhou when I saw that sig for the first time, before others pointed it out - if only because it's one of the few things I recognise based on the memes alone.

Second, putting it in a spoiler so everyone can continue guessing for yourself, but somehow I managed to find it through Google without the image already identifying the character!
Th145Koishi.png

Also it looks like that hat's mirrored in the avatar, maybe that's why Google reverse doesn't find it...

Back
Top Bottom