• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you ever look back at your old posts and

Hm, I sometimes wonder why I don't or can't post the way I used to. I really liked a lot of the things I said back in the day.

yessss, to the extreme. i have a bad tendency to make myself look like an asshole. not so much here (here it's more immaturity, if anything), but on others, especially ones i no longer frequent, i am/was REALLY bad at making myself look like a decent person. kinda reminds me how much i still need to grow up :|

When I first started using forums in about 2002 - 2004 I remember going over my old posts all the time and correcting my spelling/grammar all the time as I got older.

Eventually around 2004 I had pretty much flat lined that old habit and really worked on typing it right the first time.

Since 2008 though, I've stopped correcting myself entirely unless I catch myself in the act. Otherwise, I feel my message is clear enough to be understood in the way I intend. In the end, that's all I want in forums; is to be understood in the way I intend.

Just looked at some old posts... reaction:

The hell, man!

I look at some, i ask myself sometimes "did i write that?"

Yes. And if its incredibly embarrassing, I sometimes delete it if it didn't affect the conversation to much.

lol... lots of times really ^^;;
Even looking back at my old VMs, I felt like an idiot XD

I look back at my posts from March, and think, "Wow. I really was a noob then."

I do, sometimes, though it's usually accidental. When I read back old topics in the Pokémon World, for example, and find an old post of mine in there. Still, I'm amazed at how nooby I was, or how my English improved in only seven months.

Last edited:
Looking back, it's not so much the content of the messages as it was the way I worded them. Ugh, smileys all over in random spots, no proper punctuation to end the sentences.

Nowadays I still have smileys all over and I don't claim to be an expert on punctuation, so there are still some mistakes here and there, but I think I've gotten a wee bit better on both.

Not really. Since I was as level-headed in my comments as I am now, it's not a big deal. Still, if I look at blogs (easier to look back than actual comments), it's interesting to see how much difference there is in terms of writing style.

Thanks for reading.

Yeah, I'm ashamed a lot of my early posts. I was just kind of stupid.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom