• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you ever rage quit?

Have you ever rage quitted?

• Yes, I hate losing.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • No, its not good sportsmanship.

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Only when I have a reason, e.g. hacked Pokemon

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters

Oswin

Reaction score
I have twice that I can remember.

1st. My Infernape against a Blastoise. It was a random Wi-Fi battle, and the Blastoise used Leaf Blade against me.

2nd. Similar to the first one, except it was my Leavanny against a Milotic. It used Flamethrower.

Both times I switched the game off because the Pokemon were hacked.

Be honest, the poll results are anonymous.

Last edited:
No, I always see battles through - I never intentionally drop out of Wi-fi matches. However, if I think that a battle was unfair (liberal use of legendaries, obvious cheating, etc.) I may simply not save my game in the interest of preserving my battle record, as the game doesn't force a save after every battle.

I have been known to soft reset upon failing a major battle or missing a major capture in the metagame, but I think that counts for less.

Yeah, mostly when I go and see random movespam and n00b attacks.

Once in a Random Wi-fi match.
Some guy had a Drifblim and used Double Team until I couldn't hit, and then maxed up his defences with 3 Stockpiles before Baton Passing to a Regigigas who used Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray.
Yeah, there was no way I was going to finish that match.

I always see a match through.

Wish my older brother and 9/10 people on Random Wi-Fi would too...

Well, my router blocks my DS Lite from accessing Wi-Fi, so.. XD. I guess I never rage quit. Still don't know why that happens, but whatever.

I don't remember rage-quitting myself, but I've had opponents rage quit against me on wifi. That, and there was one person that forfeited (twice!) against me when none of my Pokemon were knocked out, but they only had one Pokemon left and it had a double weakness to one of mine.

I've rage-quitted a few times in my Wi-Fi battle experience. 8D; One time, I was fighting hard against some punk who was disadvantaged against me but was still winning! At the end, I was left with my Goukazaru (Infernape, duh) down to 1 HP, no more Focus Sash. He had a Tropius left (I know >>), so I decided to use Flamethrower for a Blaze-boosted OOPS BRIGHTPOWDER HAX. That's the only explanation, since he had no Mud-Slap/Double-Team/etc. I unplugged the Wii right then and there. OTL

I don't think I have. I've gotten frustrated but then I usually keep playing trying to beat whatever is making me angry.

I don't play on Wi-fi but I find it better when I'm loosing repeatedly in any game to just quit, since I know I'm not going to win while I'm pissed anyway. So I quit, take a break and come back.

Also why would someone hack a grass-type move onto a water-type and use it against Infernape? It sounds really ineffective.

I don't do battles on wi-fi, but I rage quitted a few times in the Battle Subway.

I don't rage-quit when I'm battling other people, but I do in-game occasionally, especially if I just lost at the BF. I know it doesn't matter anyway, but that place drives me insane.

I fight till it's over. I never give up, especially since there's always the chance that you can beat someone's hacked Mon's and totally own them.

Yeah, I rage quit a lot.

Video games are how I get my anger out, so I think I basically have the right to rage quit.
That's why I never Wi-fi battle.

//
2nd. Similar to the first one, except it was my Leavanny against a Milotic. It used Flamethrower.

Both times I switched the game off because the Pokemon were hacked.
//

you just got punk'd ...
571Zoroark.png

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom