• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you exercise?

Freesia

At your service~
Reaction score
Do you exercise? How much so? I think it's important to exercise for at least 30 minutes a day. Sitting for too long makes me feel uneasy, and I love to move around..

On a good day when the weather is nice I enjoy taking long brisk walks to the park and running a few laps. I do it not only to keep in shape but also because it feels so good. I think it's important to stay in shape. :)

I can't afford exercise equipment or a gym membership right now, and it's too cold/snowy at this time of year to take walks outside. Does anyone have any suggestions on things I can do at home? I'm sitting down most of the day, and I'm starting to worry about my health.

Taking loooong walks with a dog doesn't count as excercise, does it? I do it regularly though and prefer walking instead of taking public (or private) transport if the distance is less than 4km, weather doesn't bother me. Push-ups and punching bag are good too, but haven't managed to make them regular, yet. >.<

I've never had to worry about staying in shape, but my thoughts start racing those days I skip excercise or walks. Few days after I become Moody. :D Guess I'm lucky, two birds with one stone.

Gym, swim, surf, cycle especially when I was living in Europe for a while, run, jog, tennis, basketball and so on.

I dont do much(I need to exercise more) I occasionally do some weight exercises with light weights but thats all Ive been doing lately and I have a very bad habit of forgetting. I like to walk and used to go on walks to town but its too far for me and I end up getting too exhausted if I dont have a break before walking back. Its too cold now to do much walking but occasionally I will walk to go eat out or something rather than ride in the car but yeah long story short I probably need to step it up.

I get enough exercise walking around in college and I have a fast metabolism to begin with! Though I really want to start doing some kind of exercise over the summer. I've always wanted to learn swimming but my friends are too lazy to join me. xD

Taking loooong walks with a dog doesn't count as excercise, does it? I do it regularly though and prefer walking instead of taking public (or private) transport if the distance is less than 4km, weather doesn't bother me. Push-ups and punching bag are good too, but haven't managed to make them regular, yet. >.<

I've never had to worry about staying in shape, but my thoughts start racing those days I skip excercise or walks. Few days after I become Moody. :D Guess I'm lucky, two birds with one stone.

I would consider that exercise. :) Walking offers so many health benefits!

17 Health Benefits of Walking | Mark's Daily Apple

I hardly ever exercise. Occasionally Ill walk around the neighborhood and that's about all I do.

I got a free year of a gym membership, I just gotta see to heading there more often, between classes and work.

I can't afford exercise equipment or a gym membership right now, and it's too cold/snowy at this time of year to take walks outside. Does anyone have any suggestions on things I can do at home? I'm sitting down most of the day, and I'm starting to worry about my health.

I tend to run in front of the telly (when I have time), and I don't have a treadmill. Probably not as effective as with a treadmill but I have no space. The telly helps me keep my mind off what I'm doing so I actually get it done. Also there are lots of exercises made specifically for morbidly obese people (I'm not saying you are morbidly obese, my point with this was that they cannot get up and do exercise and thus all these exercises are made to be done while seated, since you said you spend a lot of time sitting down. Although perhaps I am misunderstanding that you have to sit a lot, like for work or something, rather than this is just a lack of movement in general).

Personally right now since the semester started I have zero time for anything. ^T__T^ I've gained like four pounds in a month because of it. When I have time though I run (in front of the telly ^^;; ) three miles a day and also do weights and situps. But now I barely have time to sleep anymore ^T__T^

i will ever so often go for walks around my block but with it being winter time that is on hold till spring time.

I don't have a routine of any kind, but I ride my bike every school day, and I don't eat a lot of junk, and I pace around the house a lot (not even exaggerating by including it here, it's that egregious :p), so I'm not over-weight, but I'm also not what I'd call "fit". I'm kinda twiggy, to be honest. I need something more comprehensive than every-day menial things.

Does swimming and a little bit of cycling counts? Other than that, I am incredibly moody. I can get up at like 4 am and exercise for an hour if I am serious about it. But most of the time I am not serious about it so I don't know.

If you want to pm me and I can help you set up an exercise routine that works for you and the space you have.

I exercise every weekday alternating between running and upper lower body muscle groups. Most of the time I exercise because I want to exercise. The other part of the time I do it because I have to for work. I’m not supper fit but I have learned what exercises work for me and how to use the time and space I have to the best of my ability.

I have a stationary bike. I usually ride it 9 hours a week.

C

Nothing much, I just go to taekwondo practice every weekend. Some minor weightlifting when I'm bored and/or trying to get creative ideas.

I used to when I was younger, but I got older and stopped caring for it. I used to do push-ups, sit-ups, weightlifting, even did karate for some reason and excessive amounts of running. BTW I'm only 108 pounds since I was 15!

Used to, but stopped after getting a little lazy. I've been meaning to start again, but while I'd like to say it'll hopefully be soon, I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom