• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you feel like you've spoiled it for yourself?

There's also the fact that in SS, I WOULD get stuck, and jsut end up reading the 31 pages of info Pokebeach has put up anyways.

Ohh I hate it when gameplay videos are narrated, because most that I've seen the person has an awful voice and they almost always seem to talk about things in the video that I can just figure out on my own.
It could be worse, the ones who don't narrarate and just annoy you with little popups are who I can't stand.

I don't really care, I get a little lift each time I read a news story, so the excitement level is all the same. I've just been getting my excitement out in little doses rather than one big blow. A lot of it is the same as the origionals too, although I haven't played them for a long time so I still find it quite challenging.

Metal Gear Solid 4 might want to have a talk with you.

On my personal ccount, I don't feel spoiled. I haven't seen any videos except from the few seconds shown every now and then on Sunday, but other than that, it will still be new to me. Sure, I know that Bugsy's Gym now looks like a Spinarak, but I haven't played the actual puzzle, so I don't know how it will feel to actyually be there and play it. Thus, I'm not spoiling anything to myself.

Besides, as almost every one already said, this is a remake from a 10 year old game, so we all know what happens. We've been knowing for a decade. When a whole new game (i.e. Gen V first paired versions) come out, then it would be spoilers, but for HGSS, not at all.
Why I thought it was an interactive movie.

Somewhat, but I will probably forget most of the new graphics/music by the time it's out here anyway. XP

Psych. Me listening to the videos on youtube doesn't substitute for having the actual thing in your hands. Plus the music sounds better on headphones than they do on the Net.

I don't feel spoiled. Playing the game is different from watching videos of it.

I've actually been good. I told myself I was going to wait for the US release to really read in depth about the new updates and so far I have. I did play through gold 8 years ago, so story wise, its already been "spoiled"

No, I'm glad I looked at the new stuff. Because now I know I dont really want the game after all. I just wanted to see the changes.

For me, maybe a little. If I started watching someone's walkthrough, at least the text will still be a surprise to me, since I can't read a word of Japanese.

I've read pretty much all the updates on Serebii, and lots of spoiler posts here. I did something similar when I got Pearl, and that didn't ruin it for me. Reading some stuff is completely different to really playing it through. And it wouldn't have made alot of different anyway seen as the plots mostly the same as GSC

I will admit. I am tired of watching videos up to Azalea Town.

The only reason I watched the videos because I wanted to see if the games really delivered because of all the hype. To me so far they did. I can't say that their the best Pokemon games ever, but they do beat D/P/Plat.

Yes, I know exactly how you feel, OP, I wish I could erase my memory, XD
I actually decided to never play GSC again after FRLG, because I knew there would be a remake eventually.

I kinda do a bit, but somethings are kinda good to know. I'll probably remember stuff when I get the games and forget other stuff and probably still be surprised by stuff as hearing about things and actually playing the game are two different things entirley. I don't think I'll watch anymore videos of the game though, just wait and play it for myself.

For some odd reason, watching the videos or hearing the music doesn't really spoil it for me. It actually makes me even more excited for what will come.

Maybe I'm just weird or something.

Same here. The Red battle keeps on getting me excited to get to the Kanto Region.

As long as I don't watch HG/SS Walkthrough, then I will be fine C:

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom