• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you feel sorry for Wobbufet being left behind?

I guess the real reason behind is that Giovanni want to use their Pokémon for evil purposes. So he simply make up a nonsense reason.

Why would he want TRio's Pokémon? they're not extremely rare or especially strong or something... lol Giovannie using Mime Jr. for "evil purposes"

Why would he want TRio's Pokémon? they're not extremely rare or especially strong or something... lol Giovannie using Mime Jr. for "evil purposes"

Nambo used Butch and Cassidy's Houndour and Hitmontop as white mice. And they aren't especially strong. So it is possible that Giovanni want their Pokémon. And I just cannot believe that nonsense reason. I can't think of any other reason that is sensible. As for Meowth, it is the Pokémon given to the duo by Giovanni.

Neither do I. English dubbers should better think of some other reason for keeping Wobbuffet & co. behind, and replace this idiotic original reason, or I'm gonna be really mad once i start watching BW.
Ugh, no thanks. We get enough rubbish dub rewrites (especially where the Rockets are concerned) without this.
(Hold on, what Plasma foreshadowing?)
Sakaki said something along the lines of using the TRio as bait to lure out 'that other gang'. That can surely only mean one thing. Especially given the obvious opposing goals of Rocket and Plasma.
So he simply make up a nonsense reason.
I guess I'm probably alone in thinking that this is not that stupid a reason. Pikcahu has already caused enough interest. Can you imagine what their 5 strong team of foreign Pokemon along with a talking Nyasu would do? They'd stick out like a sore thumb! Although that is basically what Sakaki must want to happen, he has to at least make it convincing to the TRio that they're not being used just as bait.

Well, I am sad about Wobbuffet, but I had known before BW aired, so it didn't come as a surprise. And as people mentioned, its not gone forever, so they could bring it back if they so wished.

ANyway, the reason the writers used for not bringing it back seemed fairly decent to me. I was already glad they bothered with an explanation at all :D

Why would Giovanni ever want their Pokemon? And why must the purpose be EVIIIIL? I don't think he even cares.

Piplup's theory is more believable. Like Ash's Pokemon are oak'd, Trio's are giovvanni'd. And I think it's better than releasing their lovely mons.

Only Mime Jr's fate bugs me. Of course, Team Rocket base probably can provide good anough habitat for Agent's Pokemon, but he is a baby Pokemon bonded personally to James. He is bad for "serious" Trio, right? Then evolve him - and he transforms into quite a good fighter.
Same with Wobbuffet actually. Use him more for battles, less for laughs - and he suits "serious Jessie" well. I'm not even talking about Carnivine or Seviper.

So, the only in-universe reason the old Pokemon are not in Isshu is... announced by Giovanni's secretary. Why not just believe her?

Also, Nyasu isn't just any Pokemon, he's a regular member of the team. Of course he'd stay with Musashi and Kojiro.

Not really....it never did anything anyway.

Wobbufet is like the pokemon that symbolizes they're past as goofballs. If they're going to be more dangerous than before than that means Wobbufet is out.

Wobbufet is like the pokemon that symbolizes they're past as goofballs. If they're going to be more dangerous than before than that means Wobbufet is out.
As I said, Wobbuffet can be very dangerous if they use it right. That's not the cause.

I think it is. A Pokemon popping out to all the time to agree with them just takes something away from them.

I still believe they will not be constantly serious. Remeber the first season: Rockets were both funny and competent (well, when they were really trying). And Musashi's new Pokemon doesn't look serious at all.

Are you serious?
That thing is like the only good thing left in the show now, AND IT'S GONE.

gaaaaaay.

Wobba was funny sometimes but kinda like psyduck on retrospect, if only they still had arbok and weezing, maybe if they had more then 3-4 confident pokemon between them they could take pika.

Nope. His departure couldn't come at a better time. It also opens up a new opportunity for Team Rocket to get a more comical pokemon like Zuruggu.

BW is really all about the new. Besides for Pikachu and Meowth, Wobbuffet has been the longest shown pokemon ever. It got well enough screen time, comedy and battles with it. So I'm not sorry at all. Fair well Wobbuffet!

I like Wobbuffet, but let's be honest: it is way past its prime. Really, I'm going to miss it about as much as the majority is going to miss Brock. That's how tired of it I got. As mentioned above, it holds the record for the longest lasting Pokemon cast member aside of course from Pikachu and Meowth, even giving Forretress a run for its money. It was funny in Johto (the highlight of Johto in fact), but following that, it just hasn't done much outside of jump up and shout its name and only battles once in a blue moon. I know that it's funnier in Japanese because its name is pun for agreeing with TR or something or other but...still. That said, it did deserve a farewell episode because of its long record and being the first Pokemon member to be recieved in a trade, which is to this day, an usual catch. This is why I now kinda wish it got released in DP so that it would have gotten one. But otherwise, I'm not sad it's gone. At all. It became as stale as Brock and even less useful by mid-Hoenn.

It was so devastating! it was unexpected too but since this is a fresh start for team rocket maybe eventually he will return plus James loved Mime Jr. aslo guiovanni specifically wanted them to leave their pokemon behind for this mission so i dont think its a goodbye forever just a temporary thing hopefully!

I am gonna miss the little blob. His goofy cry of "SoooOOOO-NANSAH!" always made me laugh, and I do mean always.

If Musashi-tachi really are gonna knuckle down and take their missions seriously in this saga, then I guess Sonansu would just be a distraction from that, which is probably why they dumped him along with everyone else.

I thought of this today when I watched the episodes. Honestly, I'm upset about it, even though I thought I wouldn't be! He's hilarious but for them to be new and mean and serious, they cannot have him popping out at inopportune moments, so I understand. Perhaps a spin-off? It'd do well in Japan, I just know it.

I do feel sorry for it, but if we see the old Team Rocket back, then I would expect Wobbufet to make a return

I have a slight feeling somewhere not too far down the road, they might bring it back to the main cast. I don't see him being there to make too much influence on the show, but would make alot of people happy, i assume.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom