• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you find it hard to play the old games?

Yes, quite a few things bother me about them now :(.

1) I hate playing them on a gameboy

2) Little to do (save BT in Crystal but still) after Elite Four

3) Horrible leveling up move sets :p

4) Physical/Special split (Though I can tolerate this)

Also, your Pokemon are stuck in that game. At least in RSE and Gen I and II remakes I can transfer all my Pokemon over, so everything all accumulates on my master game and I get to keep all my Pokemon/TMs/items/etc.

They're not hard.....just a bit boring after the E4 except Emerald and Crystal. And did someone else find RS boring?

Playing Ruby just seems...odd now with Platinum. I can´t even imagine how replaying Red will feel now...

That is true. The gameplay feels soooo much slower (but you can always use Pokemon Stadium and go Dodrio speed :p). But I can still play it because of the nostalgic feeling I get whenever I here my character hop on his bike and listen to the theme for as long as I can :).

no gen I was my fav and always will be when it comes to pvp i just use stadium 2

It's odd, sometimes. I'm currently playing through XD again in the hopes of getting some good Pokémon, but I'm too used to the physical/special split.

i grew up with RBY ang GSC, so i'm used to them, although i do sometimes forget that there are no running shoes and that there was no phys/spec split in the 3 games b4 D/P/PT/HG/SS

other than that, im used to all of the games.

The only two things that bother me when I replay the old games is the lack of the Exp. bar, and pushing the start button for the menu. I get that mixed up between games all the time. For example I played silver once, and then I later played platinum. When I switched to platinum I was pushing the start button and was like "Where's the menu! Oh, that's right I'm using the DS."

I recently replayed Blue, and I really enjoyed it. What I liked the most was that the Pokemon and moves were so much more limited. The only things that bugged me were the lack of Exp. bar and Running Shoes.

someone stole my yellow version and gold version ages ago, so now i only have sapphire... still, i could imagine it might be a bit annoying...

I shouldn't have played Emerald on an emulator..
(and then accidentally deleted the save file because I was impatient - **** me)

That's what makes me think Hoenn is a bit boring now, when i'm actually playing through the game on the cartridge. (I need something a bit better than a Naive Kyogre and a Careful Rayquaza in my opinion)

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom