• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you get angry easily?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
It's a pretty simple question. We all get angry at times, and most of the time we can't control it. Some people are better at keeping their anger in than others, though. I know for one that I have an extremely short fuse, the simplest comment can make me flip and go apeshit on somebody. I'm terrible at keeping my anger inside and it's something I need to work on.

There are also certain subjects that can make us more angry than others. For example, I get exceedingly angry when someone talks badly about one of my friends or family, but I'm pretty calm if someone is knocking off something I'm indifferent to.

How about you guys? Are you short tempered, or good at remaining calm? Is there anything in particular you just will not tolerate? Explain. Can you think of any subjects that make people more angry than others?

Last edited:
i get angry kind of easily and it's not really something i'm proud of. it usually manifests itself as a sort of passive-aggressiveness or generic reticence rather than violent effusions of emotion. direct confrontation is something that i try to avoid at all cost, even if it means that i have to bite my tongue. part of that i think is because of the atmosphere i grew up in. most of the time i don't talk about how i feel, and i guess the lack of some healthy outlet through which i can express my anger only exacerbates this problem. i can tolerate a lot of what i perceive as bullshit coming from people -- about a year ago, one of my best friends avoided talking to me for a period of about a month while talking to everyone else in our immediate circle of friends, then called me and said something like, 'sorry, i forgot about you.'

"right"

i still talk to her now and then but we aren't really that close anymore. i kind of regret that but i didn't like how i felt that i was always playing second fiddle to most of her other friends. maybe it's just because i'm selfish and i need to reevaluate who i am, since i'm kind of stuck in a state of passive dislike of / indifference to myself.

in my younger days i was a lot more open about my irascibility than i am now. i think with time you tend to learn when outbursts are appropriate and when they aren't, because when you're younger you have a very limited conception of what societal decorum allows and what it doesn't. and again i think a small part of that is maturity -- you learn that screaming at every little offense isn't necessary, for example. my theory on this is probably flawed though, especially since my personality metamorphosed when i was about twelve

one of the things that i hate about myself is that i tend to hold small grudges too. it's not like i harbor animosity for long after the immediate event that effected it, but it's just that i carry a dull disdain or a little less respect for the person in question. i usually tend to be very guarded when holding conversations with people now, so it doesn't happen as often.

this probably betrays me as a terrible person

I don't. It was only last week I was told how patient I was. It was quite nice to hear since I have more than few negative personality traits. It takes a lot to really make me angry.

One could say I have a "hair-trigger temper". I get angry very easily - if someone just says "he/she/it" while referring to me, I get angry. And I can't control my anger either, resulting in me doing something that I regret.

However, most harm I have ever done when angry was basically break my stationary - pens, pencils, pencil cases, at one point even a pair of scissors.

And, at one point, bashing my head against a wall, apparently. Don't remember much from that day, but from what others say, apparently I tried killing myself. I dunno if that's the truth though, as most people in my home town prefers to lie to me instead of being honest.

I get really angry very scarcely, and so far, never beyond my control. That doesn't mean that i don't dispute with family/friends, though.

Hm... not really. I can get slightly annoyed with people easily, but I try not to let it bother me. I basically never get angry or fight with my friends, though. I can be frustrated when I think I'm being mistreated, but I just make a sarcastic remark, or state my mind persistently, and just raise my voice if I feel I'm not being heard. I only get actually angry with people who are being inconsiderate and purposefully hurting others. That upsets me because I don't want anyone to be hurt. I get really angry at fictional characters, but I enjoy the anger at them :b .

I tend to be very calm 99% of the time. The problem is I sit and let stuff steam and build up in my head to the point when I finally do get angry I sorta explode. I believe the term is passive aggressive. And its a very bad habit. It generally takes a special kind of person to get me angry though ^_^

I'm a rather calm and quiet person. I can tolerate a lot, but whenever I do reach my breaking point, people know that's the time to run. I've never punched a wall nor flipped a desk, though. ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ

Nah, I can't even remember the last time I was really angry. I have been angry though, but it's pretty rare.

I can get irritated quite easily, but not necessarily angry. I do get angry though - sometimes its visible and sometimes less visible.

I get angry very easily, but more often irritated than 'angry'. I often don't show it when I'm angry though(or at least, I don't think so).

I honestly can't tell. I normally just get mildly irritated that or I just burst into tears, but I do have times where I can feel my blood boiling and I could just snap a wooden block in half. Actually, I bet I get more angry than I think I do.

Somewhat, yeah. Though I'm generally more likely to just get annoyed some, and keep myself from getting angry a lot of the time, I guess it's not that hard for me to get angry if I really think about it, and didn't work to keep myself calm. I blame it on growing up with five older brothers.

Yes. But I try to pretend to be calm most of the time. Instead of yelling at someone I just put them on my list.

I used to get very, very angry. Fairly fast, too. But I hated it. I really hate being angry, it's no fun for me nor everyone else, and it makes me do things I tend to regret.

So I just stopped. I don't really get angry anymore. Ever. Strange, but it works for me.

Yes. I am usually stable one, but if somebody said something bad about me, or reading something that is making me misleading, or something reads like "spam", I will getting angry like putting thunderbolts on somebody or throwing missiles at them. I do writing something that contains swearing meanings on the web to attack someone (this is why I got infracted on this forum), but rarely.

Let's see, I'm generally a calm person, but if I get frustrated or annoyed, I tend to snap very easily and usually end up yelling at whoever dares come near me when I'm pissed. I have to admit, I am very dangerous to be around when I'm angry since I throw stuff when I'm mad, but it subsides very quickly. I don't stay mad or hold grudges. Also, when i get mad, tears run down my eyes for some reason.

I don't get angry very often, although I do tend to get somewhat annoyed at times and I'll at least try​ to make it clear what's bothering me.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom