• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you get angry easily?

My issues with anger and people walk hand-in-hand. I don't anger quickly but if someone bothers me long enough with their passive-aggressive habits or refuses to tell me if something is wrong in the fear of assumed reactions, my anger does build up and then I will eventually explode uncontrollably. But the thing is, I don't really even notice my own anger until it's a problem, and I dislike showing emotion around people. I just try to handle everything appropriately and constructively until those anger-issues really come in. I also suck at picking up others' subtle signs of anger, but if they refuse to tell me what's wrong/if I caused it, how am I supposed to know how to handle the whole issue?

I also get mad if people take their anger out on me when I'm completely unrelated to their issues. But if they criticise me for something I did or something in me that annoys them, I don't usually get hurt. Confusion causes me much more issues with anger than if someone really felt negatively about me or criticised me harshly but had a real point.

Luckily I have the best cure the world has to offer: animal-friends! I can't be mad around them nor can get mad at them. Animals have efficient calming-effects on me. :)

It depends. When talking to someone I don't know very well, then I'm way too shy to ever try and get angry. However, I can get angry really quickly with people that I know well, such as my parents and my sister, and that's something that they aren't very fond of.

I think I'm similar to most of the people here. Some things get me angry very easily and I have a lot of pet peeves, but usually it is easier to get me annoyed than it is to get me angry. One thing that makes me very angry is when someone disrespects or belittles me or my friends. Even if someone is picking on a person I don't even know I will make it my business because I don't stand for bullying of any kind. I was bullied at a young age so I am very sensitive about it..

YES I FUCKING DO YOU STUPID SACK OF- [cough]

In all seriousness, I do have legit anger management problems that most likely stem from my OCD. Most of the time, the reason I get angru is because something is just slightly off (say, I play a song on guitar and it's tuned a bit too high) and it irritates me to the point of rage.

Before I made a post about being laid back and not quick to anger, but recently, that has changed... I mean, I try not to get angry, but with so much terrible shit going on in the world and people showing their true colors around me, it's getting harder and harder to keep a cool head.

I used to get angry pretty easily, but growing up has made me mellow out a bit. I do have a tendency to get annoyed by trivial things, though.

I don't get particularly angry, but I do get flustered. I mean, I can get easily uncomfortable in a situation, but I'm pretty good at keeping my calm. Actually, that's a lie. What I AM good at doing, though, is bottling up my anger. It's when the floodgates open that yoiu have to watch out. Although I've only ever had that happen three or four times.

Not really. I sometimes get annoyed which can build up but I can control it and only express it rarely, alone or alongside people I trust.

I kinda do. It was a lot worse when I was younger (and when I first joined this site), but after taking anger management classes, I've learned to control the worst of it. That's also how I learned not to get so easily offended by things in the news.

I get angry rather easily, and usually over minor stuff too. Usually it's just low-key irritability or frustration, but certain topics absolutely make me rage, like criticism on my creative endeavors, or anyone bringing harm to my mom (whether physically or emotionally).

Yes. And every time I am angry, I... hulk out. Literally. I'm unable to control my anger. :-(

Yep. Especially when people make remarks that indirectly say "Ha ha, I'm smart and you're not".

Not really. I can irritated pretty easily, especially if I'm working on something and a person interrupts me with a random question. I used to get heated because I would take things really personally but not so much anymore.

Yes. Yes I do. What angers me isn't something that makes much sense to most people, so I typically try not to let it show. It's just the little mannerisms, individual quirks, the way people word things or even the way they move... all of that is liable to irritate me. And it usually builds up. I just kind of sit around until it goes away, let myself cool off, rant in a private space. You know, that sort of thing.

It's improved a lot in the past few years, thankfully, and the anger fades away pretty quickly if it involves something that insignificant. Personal things though... I'm definitely the type to hold a grudge.

I very rarely get angry but this just means that I'm suddenly taken a lot more seriously when I do get this way, just from how out of character that is. Normally I'm really optimistic and chill, I've been told.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom