• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do You Get Angry/Flip out/Sweat Nervously Playing Pokemon Games?

When the game freezes, or you loose after all of your hard work,
TENTACOOL,ZUBAT,GEODUDE JUST TO NAME A FEW.
Also when you're trying to get somewhere and too many monsters appear.
Or when you forget to save or your battery dies out,
or when your older siblings/or parents turn your game off.
And lots of other things.
When a rare/shiny/wanted pokemon appears, it flees or you forgot to buy ball capsules from the shop. >_>

When your battery dies (RBYGSCRSE)
When you forget to save
When you acdentially defeat a legendairy.

If SRing takes more that 30 minutes i have to go out for an hour so i don't smash my DS

Ranger has done this to me many times. I got to the last set of alarm tile things in the Go-Rock hideout and somehow kept getting caught. I actually threw my DS. And the Capture Arena...I had no idea how far I was actually supposed to get in there, so I kept going until I was spazzing too much to continue (I beat Spenser's record by a lot on the first try, and have never gone back in there).

Almia: Not as bad, but sneaking onto the Cargo Ship, and escaping from the Cargo Ship, still made me freak out, because I have this fear of time limits (even though it was, like, a huge time limit). And to this day I'm too afraid to do the Dialga and Regigigas missions.

I curse at my game sometimes, mostly when I'm trying avoid a trainer because my pokes are all beaten up and they see me. And when they're being cheap.
And WTH is with the 3d games? AI is a cheap bastard!

Battle Tower used to be one of the most enjoyable things in the game. But as I progressed, it became more and more frustrating. You've made a team with no common weaknesses? Tada! This foe Primeape knows Flying moves! He fainted? Oh, well, here you have - tada - Magmar with a Water move! Everything else failed to screw you? Tada! A Wondereye! You've got so frustrated that you used a wondertomb yourself in the Battle Tower. That's no problem for this cheating bastard, as he packs a torrent of Sandstorms, Hails and other status-changing moves, just to screw you even more.
Last round in the Battle Tower frustrated me so much that I swear not to touch any of those games in a few months. I don't know who programmed in this kind of things. I know games shouldn't be too easy, but games are supposed to entertain, not frustrate.

I was on a chain of 40 Nincada. I use the Pokeradar and it says "The grassy patch remained silent". FFFFFFFF

I've cursed at Shoddy when my attack misses six times in a row.
the gods of hax have cursed me.

The only time I remember cursing out my Pokemon games was when I was trying to chain for Shiny Pokemon, & when I lost to Cynthia for the first time in Diamond, and Flint's Magmortar wiping out a good half of my team in Platinum in the first go around. Shiny for obvious reason, as I was aiming for a Shiny Machop, and then, BAM, Ponyta ruins my chain of 23. Cynthia, well I was kind of low on items when I was finishing my fight with Lucian, I blame his Bronzong.

Online play is kind of different for me, I actually welcome the challenge of someone playing better than me, so I lose, I don't regret it, I just look back at the battle and go over my mistakes.

When my parents tell me to turn it off right in the middle of a long battle....
They just dont understand that you cant save during a battle

The first time I saw a Shiny on LeafGreen I was so mad. Why? Because it belonged to a trainer.

I totally get pissed off when I keep losing to the same Gym leader over and over again, to the point where I need to stop myself from just smashing my SP/DS to the ground and stomping on it.

Also, when that gotta-have Pokemon pops out, and I either:

A) don't have any PokeBalls
B) throw every PokeBall I own at the sucker and it still manages to break free every time.

Those situations make me RAGE SO HARD. >_<

The first time I saw a Shiny on LeafGreen I was so mad. Why? Because it belonged to a trainer.

>.> I didn't know AI Trainers could own Shinies...

There're two situations where this happens:

1.) When a chain breaks, at 39, ON the Pokemon I was chaining - which happens if you enter patches on the edge.
This doesn't really piss me off any more - I learned to not be pissed about anything regarding chaining a good while ago.

2.) When Hax kills me in the Battle Frontier.
How the hell am I supposed to get to 100 if, in EVERY BATTLE from, like, 14-100, has RANDOM CHANCE riddled throughout it?
If I lost to something that wasn't random chance, I could learn from the mistake and never make the mistake again.
But how do you change things to account for randomness? You really can't, except use it yourself. In which case, the game seems biased, activating the randomness for you when you don't really need it, and activating it for the opponent when it breaks the battle completely against you.
This is what pisses me off the most. I really want another star on my Trainer Card, but this one seems nearly impossible.

- Tyros

I panic when I run into a wild Pokémon at night because I worry that it'll be a shiny and then I start worrying obsessively about having enough balls to catch it and will I be able to catch it without getting my team KO'd or KO'ing it by mistake since my Kingler was most likely in my PC. The reason being is that all the shinies I've ran into have occurred at night. O_O Every. One. Of. Them. :scared:

Also suicidal Pokémon piss me off to the extreme. They're the ones that refuse to be caught and will KO themselves with Take Down/Double-Edge/Struggle.

When I battle certain elite trainers (like Frontier Brains) my heart starts doing double-time from the excitement.

I got angry trying to catch the drifloon in Pearl, because my false swipe wouldn't work, so i just kept throwing pokeballs. When I ran out, I spacial rended his ASS!

i don't really get emotional when playing the games, only thing is i get a bit angry when i ev train speed on starlys and all these bidoofs come out. but then later on it seems all the bidoofs left the place and only straly are around >_>

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom