• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you get attached to your teams?

I don't get super attached to them, but once I form the team, it's one I want to stick with throughout my entire playthrough. After that, I'm willing to box them up for the sake of catching new Pokemon and completing the dex, but until then, they more or less stick with me unless I need to swap someone out for a better Pokemon to beat a gym more easily.

I definitely get attached to my teams a lot. I always give them all nicknames and use the interaction features (ie. walking in HGSS, Refresh in USUM) to like, bond with them. Needless to say, I hope to one day bring them all into the one same game and reunite with them all at one place!

I don't get attached to my whole team only my starter Pokemon. I don't know why that happens but I guess I just view my starters as more significant.

Definitely have a bias towards my starter or any Pokémon I catch near the time as my starter. I suppose time really does forge unbreakable bonds haha

It really depends. I do get an attachment to certain Pokémon, more than others. I might love my team, but I'll switch out some of the members from time to time.

Except for one. He's with me constantly. My Golurk, Riser.

I caught him in the Dragonspiral Tower in my playthrough of Black; he was one of 90 Golett I caught that night. Out of the entire group, he had the strongest stats and he was immediately given a spot on my team. He helped carry me through Unova and I've brought him to every current Generation so he could earn Ribbons and "mentor" some of the "youngsters" I was training. He has Champion Ribbons from Kalos, Alola, Hoenn, and Galar. He's earned the Contest Star Ribbon from Hoenn. He earned a Ribbon taking on the Chatelaine in the Maison in Kalos. He's earned an Effort Ribbon and so many more.

He'll be sent to any new games and Regions, because he will always be with me. He's earned that right. I've trained a lot of Golurk, but none--even the 6IV hatchlings--have come close to him.

His name is Riser. He's a Golurk and he's the anchor of my team.

I'm at least invested enough with what I get in my main-game teams to never go without nicknames for all of them.
Thanks to the influence of a certain close friend of mine in recent years; I've picked up an occasional interest in some... mini-headcanons.
(For example, my Shiny Mawile's "Male" according to the game code, but they're a non-binary~ ^w^)

Last edited:
I tend to internally role play and world build while I'm playing any game. With pokemon especially. I gush and squee over my pokemon as they win and feel bad when they faint in battle. Doesn't matter if I only use a small amount of pokemon or a larger group over the course of a game.

I tend to baby any pokemon I get as an egg as much as possible too. MAH CHILD

Oh, I used to do that a lot. In fact, it’s the reason why I refuse to reset my Emerald game because my Gameboy can’t transfer that team over and thus I don’t want to get rid of them. The team in question is composed of Blaziken, Azumarill, Swellow, Ludicolo, Heracross and Raichu.

I grew out of that habit as the years passed but reading some pokemon comics is starting to get me back into making each member of the party their own character.

Oh, I used to do that a lot. In fact, it’s the reason why I refuse to reset my Emerald game because my Gameboy can’t transfer that team over and thus I don’t want to get rid of them. The team in question is composed of Blaziken, Azumarill, Swellow, Ludicolo, Heracross and Raichu.

I grew out of that habit as the years passed but reading some pokemon comics is starting to get me back into making each member of the party their own character.
You can transfer them to the 4th gen

Not usually unless it's a team on one of my old games like Ruby or LeafGreen. Those games are precious to me so I guess I care more about my teams on those games.

I would never have even thought of Cherrim and Maractus had I not used them. I now try and use a Cherrim in any game I can. That nuzlocke variant where you transfer the children of the team that survived the Pokémon league is a really good example of this.

Always loved the team I raised and won the League with. I always keep them for various activities even after I create a separate competitive team.

yes,but only my main team
  1. my centiskorch named hellsent
  2. my first gmax pokemon alcremie named spice girls
  3. my scolipede named veni
  4. my luxray named link
  5. my spheal named sphoenix
  6. and my poplio i got from a trade that evolved into a primarina

Yes, I get attached to my teams. When pokemon home was out, people on internet started to talk that it was better to put the pokemons on Home because old games would stop working soon. So, I started to get nervous, because I still had pokemon I was attached to on generation 4 games. So, I decided to rescue team members from my in games teams , shinies, legendaries, and other pokemon that were important to me from their cartriges. I was very sad when none of my generation 4 cartriges worked.

But I bought isopropilic alcahool , and they worked. I was very happy to see most of my in game teams, shinies and my unown dex there . But some of the pokemon I was attached to wasnt anywhere. I couldnt find them. So I remembered that the save of my saphire version suddenly disappeared and the game started again some time ago. I started a new game on that cartridge , but the save deleted again as soon as I caught kyogre. So, it was a problem of that cartridge. At the time the first save was deleted, I thought I had sent all the pokemon I cared about to diamond already. But it seens I was wrong. My saphire team wasnt anywhere, except for my delcatty. I mourned the pokemons I lost . They were a gardevoir, a ninjask named mosquito, a swampert, an aggron and a breloom. Also an arcanine named Shinyhelio , that was not in my in game team, but I liked him anyway.

depends on the team
some I do get attach, like an all Eeveelution team, or a feline team - other times not so much
the current team I'm playing, I'm only attach to 2 Pokemon (Alolan Muk, Mawile), the other 4 I wish to replace, but did promised myself to give them a tray, no matter how bad or not interest for me (Vikavolt, Flygon, Blaziken, Starmie)

Yes, i get attached to my teams and certain Pokemon, unless i have planned a Pokemon out which you can only get later on. Then i already mark a Pokemon to be switched out (Which is never my starter) and i get less attached to them. However, the Pokemon i switch out, is usually also the first Pokemon i will bring back in the post-game when forging a separate team.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom