• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have a favorite Pokemon on your team?

I like to use my favourites, even if they aren't that powerful. Sometimes I won't evolve Squirtle because I love Squirtle far more than his evolved forms.

My Mienshao I call Raspberry is definitely my favorite. I can't decide to replace her or not in one of the new teams I'm working on :/ (I don't want to betray her or something...)

My female Dragonite, named Skittles in Heartgold. There is a story behind the name, but that's not for this thread. And then there's the Hydreigon named Hershey in Black and White. She's pretty down right awesome too (but Skittles still takes the cake...) ;P

I've gotten to really love Simipour. A lot of players say the monkeys suck, but my smipour plows through a lot its opposition. When B2W2 are released, in USA, I'm definitely going to make sure a simipour is apart of my main team.

On White, I have my Golurk, Braver, who was sent over from my copy of Black. Braver doesn't have the awesome stats that Riser does, but he does have Riser's heart and spirit. I sent the little guy over as a Golett just before I battled Elesa and added him to my team. Now in Black, Elesa was a nightmare with her Emolga swarm killing my team with Volt Switch.

That didn't happen in White. When I faced Elesa, I sent out Braver. There were two hits: Braver hit Emolga, Emolga hit the ground. I fell in love with Golett all over again.

Braver's a Golurk now, at level 100 just like his big brother, Riser and EV trained. Out of every team member in White, I love Braver the most. He is spoiled and I adore him, since he's done so much for me.

First pokemon game I ever owned was my Ruby. My Torchic proceeded to log more than 600 hours before I traded this lv 100 Blaziken to FireRed, and back again. He currently has one of every regions championship ribbons, and he'll soon be joining me on Black Version

On White, my favorite has to be my Braviary. I spent a ton of time getting it to evolve before the elite four so it has an attachment. Plus it's beastly looking. A good second would my Scrafty. He's just an epic Pokemon, powerhouse and I love the ability Moxie.

Of my current team (I'm playing through Pokémon White with an all-Unova team at the moment) I'd genuinely struggle to pick a favourite. I've just discovered an absolute adoration for Tepig and its evolutions; and the rest of the team (Whimsicott, Galvantula, Crustle, Beartic and Carracosta) are five of my very favourite Pokémon. Argh! This is difficult! Alright, of my current team, my favourite at the moment is probably Carracosta. I absolutely love the guy.

Last night I took down all three of Skyla's Pokémon with Tirtouga's Protect / Aqua Jet / Smack Down combo and he ended up evolving after the battle. Based on that alone, Carracosta is my current favourite. :D

My overall favourite Pokémon is Sceptile, and I tend to have him as the "main" Pokémon on each team, but I've no games I'm actively playing with Sceptile as part of the main team so I can't pick it. :p

SS team: Machamp. I liked it. It was so useful.
HG team (as of now) Gengar. This mon is helpful for making me whittle down the beasts.
Black: Excadrill. So powerful.
White: Hydregion. So powerful.

Well I've been replaying all the main series games since Red, and here were my favourite Pokemon from each team:

Red: Venusaur - 'Tis great in Gen I with guaranteed critical hit Razor Leaf and brilliant ToxSeed combo (Toxic and Leech Seed together, where as the poison damage goes up the Leech Seed damage goes up with it).
Crystal: Crobat - So fast. So useful.
Emerald: Gardevoir - I've loved this Pokemon for ages - great Sp. Attack, Trace, and plus I like how it looks too.
LeafGreen: Pidgeot - Not very strong, but once again I love its look.
Platinum: Hard choice - either Staraptor, Gallade or Garchomp. I love how all of them look, and they're all strong.
HeartGold: Lapras - Looks beautiful, and is also strong (though its typing lets it down)
Black: Cobalion - Fell in love with this Pokemon when I was playing Black for the first time.

Contrary to my previous post in this thread, I've now decided that the solid favourite on my team is my Whimsicott. I am so used to playing straight up attacking Pokémon that the tactics possible with Prankster Whimsicott feel really fun and devious. Plus, my Whimsicott is bloody adorable! I always start with Leech Seed, then Toxic, then I Energy Ball/Gust the hell out of my opponent. I love it, and I love Whimsicott. :)

Soulsilver: Either Jolteon or Thyplosion
My Jolteon owned all the pokemon above the waterfall on route 48 (think so) and my thyplosion owned the victory road]\
White:Dewott
Cuz It owns all the route i get to

My Raichu is always my best pokemon. Especially my one on White that knows Thunderbolt, Nasty Plot, Grass Knot and Focus Blast.
~RA~​

I usually have one favourite Pokémon from each game, or at least one I like slightly more than the others:
Diamond: Luxray
HeartGold: Typhlosion, I think.
White: Hydreigon. But I really like most of the rest of my team as well.

My favorite pokemon (and focus) on my Hoenn team is Gardevoir. For my Sinnoh team, Glaceon is the star.

For me, its the starter, which is usually the fire type. Other than that, I go with Espeon

Since I started replaying Gen III's Sapphire, my favorite so far is Kirlia.

As for the others:

Pearl: ...Luxray - but my cousin snatched my DS and forced traded my Luxray for my other cousin's weaker Luxray. I still get bitter over that...
Soul Silver: My Ninetails and Lapras.
Black: Haxorus - sad, but I grinded a lot for this baby right before I entered the Elite 4.

My favourites from SS are my Pidgeot and a Blaziken that I nicknamed Ranma (how original). Pidgeot trolls the opponent with Sand-attack and Ranma follows up with a nice little Blaze Kick/Sky Uppercut. Another old favourite from Emerald is the Swellow that I raised to Lv 65, it was so fast that not even Scary Face or Agility could stop it!

In every game, I have a favorite. In my White team, it's my Bisharp. Oh my, it's such a killer and its appearance just screams for love from me. In Soul Silver it's my Totodile. I would prefer Quilava, but for some reason I just switched sides and started to grow so fond of Totodile. As for Heartgold, I have Togekiss as my beautiful and elegant one. I like how it somehow makes the opponent flinch so much. xD In Emerald, Swampert. I never started over without my Swampert Denxyr. Always traded it around so I could start a new game with him. Oh the good times...

Don't know about Pearl much...maybe Bronzong.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom